Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    WoW was actually successfull because of a high level of accessibility. Compared to any other MMORPG in the days WoW was released, WoW was the first MMORPG to adress a large audience.
    Idd it was so accessible that only 60 guilds in the world cleared everything while in vanilla, aka max 4000 players, and only 0.1% of player base had general ranks in pvp.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Skill and effort already get rewarded by the best gear available, by the most powerful character progression.
    and?
    You just that butthurt people better than you get more rewards?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW was actually successfull because of a high level of accessibility. Compared to any other MMORPG in the days WoW was released, WoW was the first MMORPG to adress a large audience.
    Yea till TBC.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    I pay the same amount for my gym membership as the guy who got ripped in the time it took me to do a full circuit without taking a break. More effort generally equals more reward, barring circumstances.
    If you want to compare it to the gym, the one who put in more effort would deserve gym tools any other customer wont deserve. While that doesnt happen. Everyone may use every single tool available in your gym. Based on his monthly payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    Dismissing his comparison is ignorant. You don't exist inside the game; it's not an alternate reality. It's a program in real life that you interface with in real life.
    Acting as if real life selection had to apply in a computer game thats about pixel wars is not just ingorant but just silly.

Deleted
    Seeing those mounts is what made me wanting to start raiding
    Making reskins make the original reward less appealing, if u really want it, wait for next expac
    Making all content easily accessible and obtainable is what made a lot of ppl quit the game
    Its sucks when u feel like u worked hard for something and others can have pretty much the same without doing shit
    What drives ppl in an mmo to achieve something besides the gameplay is a reward everybody can see
    And since transmog became a thing, mounts are the only thing that do that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Tell me how many peopel cleared vanilla naxx please? And how accesible that was?
    21 guilds from memory cleared naxx before the tbc prepatch. might've been 41, can't remember honestly. It was definitely less than 50 though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    Yea till TBC.
    Even more after TBC.

Hazzikostas recently said in a interview, that blizzard is not willing to add reskins anymore to the game. So it seems they want to change that.
    The only mounts that should be unique and not reskin should be the store mounts in my opinion.

Other than that, mythic only mounts, a reskin or have special sparkles is fine with me.

But we actually pay the same amount to blizzard every month. You are not paying a hundred bucks more for seeing more content.

You compare apples to oranges, and real ife to a computer game.
    We pay the same amount every month to get access to the servers and play the game, we are not paying to have everything handed to us.

Everyone in the game have access to all the content, if you put in the effort/skill. You are the only one to blame for not seeing X content if you really want it.

Agreed. Blizzard should reuse assets more often if that would mean more content in total with more diversified gameplay.
    You are paying the same so?

The rewards are there for you to go and get! Blizzard does not stop you form getting them, but either you are not good enough or dont have the time?

if you are not good enough, get better and get in a guild.
    if you dont have the time, stop playing mmos...

DOH!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Idd it was so accessible that only 60 guilds in the world cleared everything while in vanilla, aka max 4000 players, and only 0.1% of player base had general ranks in pvp.
    OTOH it allowed you to level up to 60 and nearly everyone played dungeons. Which was more than most of the players even managed to complete in Classic. Which was more than everquest and other niche hardcore games ever managed to do for a notable audience.

Many players still were leveling in mid tbc.

Noone actually missed raids those days. Thats different today, where everyone wants to play endgame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even more after TBC.
    Not realy from the second tier the game shifted to less accessible.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Everyone in the game have access to all the content, if you put in the effort/skill. You are the only one to blame for not seeing X content if you really want it.
    Everyone has access to millions of money. Just to continue to show the problem in your argumentation.

No, fact is, nearly noone has access to mythic raids. As it needs organization and a lot of skill. And most players miss that.

10+ Year Old Account
    But we actually pay the same amount to blizzard every month. You are not paying a hundred bucks more for seeing more content.

You compare apples to oranges, and real ife to a computer game.
    By that logic you should get everything from the moment you log into the game. Games have ALWAYS been about rewarding effort. It isn't a movie where you can just sit back and have the entertainment shown to you. You have to play, you have to overcome the obstacles that the game sets forth for you, and you will be rewarded.

Why would anyone put hundreds of hours into progressing in Mythic if there was no exclusive reward for it? The mythic raiders put in the effort and thus they deserve a reward. Just like the Arena Gladiators, or the Engineers who leveled up their profession and then made themselves an engineering mount. Time and effort are rewarded in all games, MMOs especially.

You pay for the privilege to log onto their servers, nothing more. Believe you deserve anything else just proves your entitlement. FYI I don't have time to raid Mythic anymore so I'll never get these mounts, but I also am not entitled and thus I don't expect them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    if you are not good enough, get better and get in a guild.
    if you dont have the time, stop playing mmos...
    If blizzard listened to you, the game would have some thousand players left. I refer to Wildstar as a example of a endgame limited to a few only.

If you want to compare it to the gym, the one who put in more effort would deserve gym tools any other customer wont deserve. While that doesnt happen. Everyone may use every single tool available in your gym. Based on his monthly payment.

Acting as if real life selection had to apply in a computer game thats about pixel wars is not just ingorant but just silly.
    I don't think you have the right to call anything, or anyone ignorant. Your endless shitposts are nothing but ignorance, and at this point I'm wondering why you even bother to keep posting, seeing as literally 99% of people disagree with everything you say.

10+ Year Old Account

The more difficult your routine becomes, the greater the results. Increased weight typically means increased difficulty, and the likelihood of failure increases. The tools are available based on your effort. Most anyone can come in and do a round on the treadmill, and could try bench pressing 100kg, but it likely won't happen without prior invested time.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    By that logic you should get everything from the moment you log into the game. Games have ALWAYS been about rewarding effort.
    Right, while effort means different things in a game for a broad audience.

Why would anyone put hundreds of hours into progressing in Mythic if there was no exclusive reward for it?
    As i wrote, participating in the raid is actually enough prestige already. Also, you get the best character progression from the best gear. Add to this the greatest challenges and the best intrinsic rewards.

The mythic raiders put in the effort and thus they deserve a reward. Just like the Arena Gladiators, or the Engineers who leveled up their profession and then made themselves an engineering mount. Time and effort are rewarded in all games, MMOs especially.
    They already get the best extrinsic rewards and a very rewarding gameplay based on their preference. I dont think they actually also need exclusive assets of any kind, as character progression is motor enough.

FYI I don't have time to raid Mythic anymore so I'll never get these mounts, but I also am not entitled and thus I don't expect them.
    FYI, i dont play the game at all anymore. And its about game design philosophy for me. Currently, i dont see a good reason to limit assets to the best players only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I pay the same amount to belong to a gym as the guy who can bench press 300 pounds. I should be able to bench press 300 pounds.
    Shhh he doesn't like adequate comparisons to real life situations.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    How is it even remotely possible that the assets required to make a mount are expensive and matter in the grand scheme of things?
    I just got the info that new mount assets as like textures and animations take weeks to months to be implemented.

A recolor takes some days. Adding a mount with existing assets could be done in one day.