Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Well, not trying to be too snarky. The Batman has been pretty cool about debate lately.

But that slip was a bit to much to let go.
    Easy counter to that. A gun's primary purpose is to wound/kill. A car's primary purpose is transportation.

Deleted
    I like rich people. My father is one, and I intend to outdo him in life. It's something to strive for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Prove what? That rich people aren't doing enough for the economy? If they wanted to stimulate the economy of a country rather than get richer themselves, they would invest that money in(In Sweden at least) building housing, for one. Instead those rich people refuse to build more housing places, because less housing means there's higher demand for those that do exist, so they can get more money from what already exists instead of having to spend their own money. The rich people refusing to spend their money are the main cause for the housing problems here. Not enough being built, because they don't think there's big enough direct profit in it for them.
    Someone earning 1 mil a year spends around 500k a year on taxes.
    Someone on a regular salary pays around 20k in taxes.
    The rich man pays the regular mans 25 year due in a year.

How much have you spend this year to fix the housing problem?

Deleted
    I generally really like rich people with two exceptions.

First.. the gangster like lawbreakers. The ones who are willing to kill, maim and lie to get what they want.
    And second, the good Samaritans. The ones who give their money away to losers and enable them.

Other than that, Im pretty much pro individuality. If you can, you should.. and theres nothing wrong with using it all for personal gain.

I hate poor people. Stop looking poor already, stop smelling poor, stop being a drain on the economy. Stop not contributing to the advancement of society.

While in jest, this is how you sound OP. Like a sniveling child.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    I hate poor people. Stop looking poor already, stop smelling poor, stop being a drain on the economy. Stop not contributing to the advancement of society.

While in jest, this is how you sound OP. Like a sniveling child.
    Poor people are actually a boon to the economy, since close to, if not more than, 100% of their income goes to consumption, and since there are a lot more poor people than multi-millionaires and billionaires, their consumption eclipses the entire consumption and investment of the wealthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Poor people are actually a boon to the economy, since close to, if not more than, 100% of their income goes to consumption, and since there are a lot more poor people than multi-millionaires and billionaires, their consumption eclipses the entire consumption and investment of the wealthy.
    So, it looks like you missed that it was in jest, and not based on reality. To think you wasted your rebuttal on fictional statements. /golfclap.
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

15+ Year Old Account
    So, it looks like you missed that it was in jest, and not based on reality. To think you wasted your rebuttal on fictional statements. /golfclap.
    Right, I am sure your "education" on how the modern economy works is not that far off from your "joking" statement.

Right, I am sure your "education" on how the modern economy works is not that far off from your "joking" statement.
    It's hardly my fault you didn't comprehend the start of the second sentence of my post.

Your bad?

15+ Year Old Account
    It's hardly my fault you didn't comprehend the start of the second sentence of my post.

Your bad?
    I did read it, and that was my response. You seem to be the sniveling child now.

I did read it, and that was my response. You seem to be the sniveling child now.
    Your response was derived on you thought my statement was serious, even though I clearly said it was not, and now you're acting a tad butthurt about looking like the fool.

I'll just chalk this up as a learning experience for you. Later princess.

people, some are poor, some are rich, but an a--hole is an a--hole and that never goes away

You know the old guy with the 1.5 million ferrari bought it as an investment, when you're talking about limited production vehicles like that you can resell them for a profit the same day that you take delivery. If he were to drive it that would be wasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by riceandgravy View Post
    I want to post about this topic anonymously under a new profile since it is kind of controversial…

I have heard many people say they hate rich people. Some say all rich people are arrogant. Some say they feel entitled. Have also heard people talk about all the money they waste on expensive luxuries when they could be feeding the poor in third world countries.

Personally, I know some rich people who are the most arrogant people you have ever met. They think they own the world and everyone in it. I also know rich people who are extremely nice and would give you the shirt off their back. Before I was financially successful myself, I was about to lose my car and my house. A rich friend loaned me money and said pay me back whenever.

I do agree that a lot of rich people waste a lot of money. I know of a really wealthy guy that has a $1.5 million Ferrari. Crazy thing is this... he is too old to drive the dang thing. So it just sits in one spot and no one drives it. He has a son, but he will not let his son drive it for whatever reason. This $1.5 million piece of metal literally just sits there taking up space. That $1.5 million definitely could have been used in a less wasteful way.

At the same time, I also know a rich family where the most family members drive a Kia, though they could all drive Porsches if they chose.

How do you feel about rich people? Do you hate them all? Do you feel most of them carry themselves in a certain way?
    Why would I hate someone simply because they are rich? That's nothing but jealousy and being petty.

Now wealthy powerful people who use their money and luminance to make themselves wealthier why making low income peoples lives worse, those bastards can roast.

I hate tons of people too sometimes i wish blood washes off the shores and falls down the sky yet no chance of that happening right. But i like your attitude keep going

infracted - thread necro
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-12-15 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by riceandgravy View Post

I do agree that a lot of rich people waste a lot of money. I know of a really wealthy guy that has a $1.5 million Ferrari. Crazy thing is this... he is too old to drive the dang thing. So it just sits in one spot and no one drives it. He has a son, but he will not let his son drive it for whatever reason. This $1.5 million piece of metal literally just sits there taking up space. That $1.5 million definitely could have been used in a less wasteful way.
    All I could think of reading this is:

10+ Year Old Account
    Rezzed from the dead by chronic necromancer. Sailor Scout of Love and Justice putting it down again for good.

Closing