Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    You can easily drop to 3000 from 3600 even if you play amazing.
    Maybe I should start playing DPS instead of support/tank.
    Of course you can. But you can just as well get back to 3600 if you actually play on that level. People who blame "ELO Hell" for not being able to climb higher most likely just don't deserve to be higher.

Got some guy in my team and who actively tried to ruin the game and dropped below 4k because of it.

I went really overboard with insulting and I feel really bad now, don't think I've ever been so vile to a person in my life before.

Time for a break from this game for a good amount of time and some self reflecting.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2017-02-13 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Comp season ends next week doesn't it? Need to get my placements out the way for the end of season points :/
    You and me both. But I'm sure we're enjoying not having graying hair.

Comp season ends next week doesn't it? Need to get my placements out the way for the end of season points :/
    I wonder if it would be worth trying to go for Diamond then.

I'm at like, 2667 right now about I think, but that's only doing the placement matches and I think like, 2 extra ones.

Slowly trying to climb my way back into platinum this season. Had a rough couple of placements but slowly making progress!

Oh you know, the usual. Climb up to about 2950, somehow start getting games where people are picking characters they aren't good with or never switch when they start getting countered. Now back down to 2250 area. Not placing all the blame on others, I know there's been games where I've played like shit or got outplayed by the other team, just seems like when I'm doing well at the game I get bad teammates and vice versa. I do know I haven't gotten blamed for a loss in months, but that's also possibly due to the team yelling at others for what they feel are bad picks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Prepare to drop even further if you're actually at 3600 and haven't played as dps before, it's by far the hardest.
    This.

Lower ranked it's probably not as noticeable but once you climb to masters + dps is very difficult to play compared to tanks and healers due to them being very accuracy reliant.

Well, finally doing my placement matches. Losing all of them but having some awesome MVP killstreaks in pretty much every game. 36 Elims and 4 gold metals as Soldier... I only have 4 hours in soldier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    "ELO Hell" is the most abused excuse in this game and community for not being able to reach higher ranks.
    It's a particularly bad excuse in Overwatch. Yes, teams will tend to be worse at lower ranks. That's true for BOTH teams. If you're amazing and deserve to be higher, your team SHOULD have an advantage, statistically speaking. For every match where someone throws and you can't carry, you'll have another where someone on the ENEMY team throws it. And those tight matches, your awesomeness will tend to get you wins. And your personal performance will net you more points for wins than you lose for losses.

I had a bad losing streak and dropped about 500 points after the season started. I started tracking my numbers, just to contradict this idea; I pretty typically win 30-35 rank for wins, and I lose between 15 and 25 on a loss, usually. I was losing more games than I was winning, due to bad luck with opponents, but that's just bad luck, since statistically, it's actually marginally [i]more[i] likely that my team will have a player ruin things for them (since I know I'm not going to, so there's 5 possible jerks on my team, but 6 possible jerks on theirs).

My luck's turned since then, and I'm up about 250 points or so, and haven't hit a plateau yet. Because bad luck streaks generally end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Joined two losing games in a row, so two great nights for me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Well, finally doing my placement matches. Losing all of them but having some awesome MVP killstreaks in pretty much every game. 36 Elims and 4 gold metals as Soldier... I only have 4 hours in soldier.
    Yeah, in the very rare occasion that 3+ healer mains collide in comp, Soldier is my go-to dps if tanks are filled. You can just pick him up and make him work. Think I have maybe an hour time put into him all together. Can still do reasonably well. Reaper too.

Now I'd rather play Sombra, though. Doesn't feel as strong but oh so fun.
    Last edited by Daws001; 2017-02-14 at 12:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Comp season ends next week?

If so, we can prepare for a likely hero release.
    Been a while since sombra.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    Comp season ends next week?

If so, we can prepare for a likely hero release.
    Been a while since sombra.
    Originally when this season started, people were guessing end would be february 15th because of the duration of previous seasons. Dunno if that's changed or if anything has been confirmed though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Originally when this season started, people were guessing end would be february 15th because of the duration of previous seasons. Dunno if that's changed or if anything has been confirmed though.
    Jeff said it's usually a week before the end of the month. Make of that what you will, but next week seems most likely, if not end of March.

Linky https://us.battle.net/forums/en/over...296718#post-13

Considering Widow maining it for the salt. Haven't started yet because crippling stomach pains. :<

Did have one QP last night that was absolute maximum effort. 6 of us solo queue against a 3 a 2 and a level 700+. Steamrollered on Point A, but held on to B with 22 player kill streak and a lot of mad flying about. They weren't trickling either. Saved 2 caps with my ult. It was exhausting, this is why I'm not a high end Comp player.

- - - Updated - - -

5 for 5 so far on placements, started with a couple of Bronze and a Silver in the matches, now I'm seeing mostly golds and a couple of Plats. Maining DVa again, but someone insta locked her before me one match so went Widow, went pretty well actually; plenty of big tank heads to shoot at
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-02-15 at 04:28 PM.

5 for 5 so far on placements, started with a couple of Bronze and a Silver in the matches, now I'm seeing mostly golds and a couple of Plats. Maining DVa again, but someone insta locked her before me one match so went Widow, went pretty well actually; plenty of big tank heads to shoot at
    I've been thinking about Widow more like an offensive hero lately (she's my favorite character, I just don't feel good enough to play her in competitive yet) considering how easy tanks are to hit, you pretty much automatically reduce the enemy tank's health by at least half. That seems pretty useful to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I've been thinking about Widow more like an offensive hero lately (she's my favorite character, I just don't feel good enough to play her in competitive yet) considering how easy tanks are to hit, you pretty much automatically reduce the enemy tank's health by at least half. That seems pretty useful to me.
    With the current Roadhog epidemic, I think people might even be starting to appreciate it. And yeah, I prefer to play her on attack too, on defence it's easy to start to feel a bit overwhelmed and you really notice that Grapple cooldown as you try to keep the fight from overrunning you.

This made it 6 for 6 though, https://gfycat.com/KindlyPertinentEnglishsetter 'Oops'. Got 8 votes on my card for that match too, don't remember getting that many before, like, ever

With the current Roadhog epidemic, I think people might even be starting to appreciate it. And yeah, I prefer to play her on attack too, on defence it's easy to start to feel a bit overwhelmed and you really notice that Grapple cooldown as you try to keep the fight from overrunning you.

This made it 6 for 6 though, https://gfycat.com/KindlyPertinentEnglishsetter 'Oops'. Got 8 votes on my card for that match too, don't remember getting that many before, like, ever
    I got 10 once!

I was also the only card for some reason, but hey, details.

Yeah I mean I totally see her use on defense but I don't get the hate on attack Widow either. Especially on CP maps, you know where the enemy will be and you know they most likely won't be flanking you nearly as hard as they do when they're attacking. You can also take out turrets/bastions much easier than pretty much any other character.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    That's how she's mostly used on higher levels of play. She's much better for getting picks on payload attack than she is on defence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Forever floating just below 3k, whilst being demonstratably better
    See, if that was true you would not be forever floating just below 3k.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect