10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Damage reduction caps at 70%, so no, he isn't.
    As good as, at that level of damage reduction Ana can outheal Pharah's ult on him.

Of course we can ask if that's a Bastion problem or an Ana problem, but Ana's been like this for a while and they seem to think she's fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    As good as, at that level of damage reduction Ana can outheal Pharah's ult on him.
    So one ult counters another. Not really seeing the issue. Zen can use his and be 100% immune to everything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Damage reduction caps at 70%, so no, he isn't.
    70% dmg reduction and 100 armor.

in turret mode he can outheal several ults with his right click alone.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-03-01 at 10:25 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Maybe Widow/Hanzo/Junkrat to counter all the Bastions? I pretty much shut down any I saw with Widow last night. It was just Quick Play though.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    So one ult counters another. Not really seeing the issue. Zen can use his and be 100% immune to everything.
    Not true. You can still insta-kill stuff under a Zen Tranq; it heals, it doesn't provide immunity except to Zen; under which Zen can't himself do anything but move. With 70% damage reduction, D.Va's self destruct is only doing 295 damage to him so it too is survivable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Maybe Widow/Hanzo/Junkrat to counter all the Bastions? I pretty much shut down any I saw with Widow last night. It was just Quick Play though.
    Widow does like 79 damage to him. They might think about moving. Hanzo does less, although a scatter might again cause them to reconsider their position.

Junk needs to get a bit closer, or rely on asymmetric attacks; again, at best he'll just move to a safer position.

Widow does like 79 damage to him. They might think about moving. Hanzo does less, although a scatter might again cause them to reconsider their position.

Junk needs to get a bit closer, or rely on asymmetric attacks; again, at best he'll just move to a safer position.
    The way I see it, if he's moving he's vulnerable and not attacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    The way I see it, if he's moving he's vulnerable and not attacking.
    And the way I see it, I've given away my position and gained nothing from it :/

Not too good getting match with sub lvl 100 people against a team full of 200+ grouped up

And the way I see it, I've given away my position and gained nothing from it :/
    Well I'm not sure enough of my position to really argue it, it was just a potential suggestion. If it really doesn't work I'll take your word for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not true. You can still insta-kill stuff under a Zen Tranq; it heals, it doesn't provide immunity except to Zen; under which Zen can't himself do anything but move. With 70% damage reduction, D.Va's self destruct is only doing 295 damage to him so it too is survivable.
    I meant Zen was 100% immune; I use him to body-block stuff all the time.

Pharah's a better counter than ever, too; she's easily able to keep at a far range, and flank to get LOS, and the nerf to Bastion's Sentry totally hoses his capacity to self-defend against her in that mode.

Sure, he can pop into Recon and has a strong way to deal with her, but that means he's no longer in Sentry and killing your team, so Pharah's done her job.

the thing with the bastion changes is it makes flankers like Genji and Sombra more viable. Sombra I think needs a serious buff to either her stealth or hack but she's still a serious threat to it. and Genji is just as equipped to wreck his shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    the thing with the bastion changes is it makes flankers like Genji and Sombra more viable. Sombra I think needs a serious buff to either her stealth or hack but she's still a serious threat to it. and Genji is just as equipped to wreck his shit.
    Right.

"But my preferred hero gets wrecked and this is UNFAIR" is not a legitimate complaint, in Overwatch. Swap to compensate. This is why metas change pretty constantly.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ConfidentSus...lkAMPTropPunch

nano boosted genji ult vs sentry bot bastion, guess who survived.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Pharah's a better counter than ever, too; she's easily able to keep at a far range, and flank to get LOS, and the nerf to Bastion's Sentry totally hoses his capacity to self-defend against her in that mode.

Sure, he can pop into Recon and has a strong way to deal with her, but that means he's no longer in Sentry and killing your team, so Pharah's done her job.
    I'm not disputing Pharah generally, but it tends to prompt him to hide under bridges and right up against walls to make it harder to get those angles. She is probably the best, but 76 is still popular, as of course is Ana, and between them and recon mode the skies are pretty dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post

Ouch, waste of two ults... "but Bastion wasn't able to be shooting".
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-03-01 at 11:25 PM.

I think the main thing Blizzard failed at with Bastion is trying to make him his gameplay less focused on Sentry/turret form, it's just objectively stronger than it was before.

An interesting thing I've seen people do is simply facetank unaware players in Sentry, a Pharah shooting you (alone) cannot put out enough damage to outheal your repair while in Turret form, so you simply keep repairing and you'll build your ultimate very quickly, granted the person shooting you would too but sometimes that tradeoff is worth it.

I still don't think he's meta, though.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2017-03-01 at 11:30 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is why metas change pretty constantly.
    You mean, "This is why metas change once every season". Which to be honest is a pretty shit state of a competitive game. Don't get me wrong, I personally enjoy it fine, but I can not be a bag of dicks and understand the frustration.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post

Genji's ultimate does 120 per hit, Ana's boost makes that 180. The 35% reduction means that was down to 117 per hit; almost the same as a non-ulted Genji. I counted 4 hits, which should have been 468 damage. Over about 4 seconds. That's really not that huge or impossible to heal through. Bastion only heals at about 75 hps. If basically ANYONE else had helped, he'd have died. So no, Genji can't just murder anyone with his ult. That's not a flaw, it means Genji should pick an easier target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    You mean, "This is why metas change once every season". Which to be honest is a pretty shit state of a competitive game. Don't get me wrong, I personally enjoy it fine, but I can not be a bag of dicks and understand the frustration.
    The GOAL is to have metas change. Metas emerge because of character imbalance, which should be corrected wherever possible. Either because a character is too strong on their own merits, or not enough counters exist to their tactics (the latter being how Pharah is affecting the meta; she forces the enemy to take a hero that can shoot back at her).

A stale metagame is not a long-term advantage. And the point of gameplay patches and new character launches is precisely to ensure that such a stale meta does not emerge, because it's not desirable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I think the main thing Blizzard failed at with Bastion is trying to make him his gameplay less focused on Sentry/turret form, it's just objectively stronger than it was before.

An interesting thing I've seen people do is simply facetank unaware players in Sentry, a Pharah shooting you (alone) cannot put out enough damage to outheal your repair while in Turret form, so you simply keep repairing and you'll build your ultimate very quickly, granted the person shooting you would too but sometimes that tradeoff is worth it.

I still don't think he's meta, though.
    If I were to nerf anything, it would be to revert the "damage doesn't interrupt the heal" thing. Not sure it's necessary, and hosing that would end some of the complaints. In Recon, I'm usually using it while swapping positions or running into cover anyway, since using it while under fire is just asking to get murdered.

As for the "just heal through it" thing, the heal has a limited amount. Once you burn through that, you're done. Again, maybe they could lower the recharge time on that a bit, or something, but it's small tweaks like that which I think should be done.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The GOAL is to have metas change.
    Yes, exactly. But once a season is basically: Here's the new broken set of circumstances, please go fuck yourself while we work towards the next broken set which we will only patch once the competition has ended. So far there hasn't really been a meta of "well damn, 3/4 healers are 100% viable and don't have OP synergy with *insert recently buffed tank or DPS class*" and instead it's "oops, we took a shit character and made them ridiculous....oh well, see you next season".

I'm fine with metas coming out this way, but I also play Ana more than anything in comp so I have been given the gods gifts for a while.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yes, exactly. But once a season is basically: Here's the new broken set of circumstances, please go fuck yourself while we work towards the next broken set which we will only patch once the competition has ended. So far there hasn't really been a meta of "well damn, 3/4 healers are 100% viable and don't have OP synergy with *insert recently buffed tank or DPS class*" and instead it's "oops, we took a shit character and made them ridiculous....oh well, see you next season".

I'm fine with metas coming out this way, but I also play Ana more than anything in comp so I have been given the gods gifts for a while.
    I really disagree with this. Ana's strong, but not so OP that you NEED someone playing Ana to win. She works well with a comp that favors tanks, because they play well with her healing, but if tanks get de-incentivized, she'll drop down again to more equal levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I dont get the Ana thing. I think the healers are the most balanced in the game. All of them are in a good spot imo.
    Basically, she has decent personal offense (if harshly restricted by not being able to shoot through allies, unlike everyone else), her sleep dart makes people's salt levels spike, and her healing is tops if you have good aim.

And her ult wrecks face if the enemy team isn't ready for you to use it, though it's restricted by needing coordination with your team to a much greater degree than anyone else's.

She's great, but I agree with you; she's not overpowered. I favor her, but I play Zenyatta nearly as much (less healing, more pewpew). Lucio's more of a boop/speed machine than a full healer, and Mercy can be amazingly good but I'm not great with her (I don't like hiding).