Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Cool story.

But you also get currency from losses, not just wins.
    From ties and wins, not losses. But I understood what you meant. I wasn't completely doubting you, I just thought having to win that many games takes up so much time since matches are longer in competitive than QP, that not many people could do that. I think so far this season I have like 35 wins and im already like 13 hours in. I can't see myself trying to win 500+ matches
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    From ties and wins, not losses. But I understood what you meant. I wasn't completely doubting you, I just thought having to win that many games takes up so much time since matches are longer in competitive than QP, that not many people could do that. I think so far this season I have like 35 wins and im already like 13 hours in. I can't see myself trying to win 500+ matches
    Just sounded like a pretty severe 'not doubting' me.

If you are playing 5 other games, MMO's, and just doing a couple of games a night then no...you won't get weapons. But then why would someone be complaining that they can't get weapons? I think 1 per season is a reasonable rate of earning and if you play regularly at all that's not difficult.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolute fucking shit today. Server crash on the brink of a win, lose 50SR. Worst match ever, reported my entire team for throwing. 2 and 3 man premades picking all DPS. Countless Genjis and Tracers who refuse to switch in the face of having no impact on the match whatsoever. From 2370 to barely 2k. 1 win, lose 2, all day. Shouldn't have bothered, I don't know what's up with people. 'OMG Widow what do' Use your fucking shield instead of swinging and wondering why everyones dead.

I'll get it back, I'm gaining 35-40SR a win on Widow and Mercy, just so fucking annoying starting over yet again. It's a stupid repetitive cycle every fucking season.

Forced 50%. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH Fuck off.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-11-04 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Inb4 that one dude claims you're shit and haven't dropped low enough to get to your 'real' level yet, even though you normally always play higher than where you are now. B/c you know, he has seen the magical algorithm and knows it's perfect. -- In seriousness, yeah...that was me last season. Still seeing similar crappery where if you get win streaks, you're gonna lose hard. Play in a group? Welcome to losing max SR every game to make sure you don't get ahead.
    BAD WOLF

Absolute fucking shit today. Server crash on the brink of a win, lose 50SR. Worst match ever, reported my entire team for throwing. 2 and 3 man premades picking all DPS. Countless Genjis and Tracers who refuse to switch in the face of having no impact on the match whatsoever. From 2370 to barely 2k. 1 win, lose 2, all day. Shouldn't have bothered, I don't know what's up with people. 'OMG Widow what do' Use your fucking shield instead of swinging and wondering why everyones dead.

I'll get it back, I'm gaining 35-40SR a win on Widow and Mercy, just so fucking annoying starting over yet again. It's a stupid repetitive cycle every fucking season.

this is why i refuse to play comp on weekends. I use the weekends to kinda decompress and play QP with music rather than comp. IDK how many times Ive been close to masters then just lose and stay on a 1 for 1.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    this is why i refuse to play comp on weekends. I use the weekends to kinda decompress and play QP with music rather than comp. IDK how many times Ive been close to masters then just lose and stay on a 1 for 1.
    I did stop myself after the free weekend debacle, but did last couple before end of last season and it went well so tried again. Should have stopped sooner, the warning signs were there.

A big part of the problem I’m seeing is the 1k limit on premade groups, it’s way too much at this level, it covers nearly 2/3 of the population so might as well not exist. And because it’s such a large part of the population, it also has by far the largest skill gap across it, and yet it’s the 12% of players above Diamond who actually get protection from such shit matchmaking with a 500SR limit.

- - - Updated - - -

Inb4 that one dude claims you're shit and haven't dropped low enough to get to your 'real' level yet, even though you normally always play higher than where you are now. B/c you know, he has seen the magical algorithm and knows it's perfect. -- In seriousness, yeah...that was me last season. Still seeing similar crappery where if you get win streaks, you're gonna lose hard. Play in a group? Welcome to losing max SR every game to make sure you don't get ahead.
    I think my SR gains vs losses tell that story, when I win I comfortably gain more than I lose from losses. So that argument literally doesn’t add up.

WTF is going on with MMR?

I did 8-2 or 7-3, got placed in 1870, the exact same I had last season, and after that:

I lost one game, dropped from 1870 to 1845.
    Won one immediately after, got 1847.

WTF is this?

- - - Updated - - -

And now 1858. I shouldn't be gaining minimal MMR for winning and losing a tremendous amount when defeated. Why is it like that, sigh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just play the game. I literally don't give a fuck about rating.

6v6 in this game cannot be worse than it is in comp. like 95%+ matches in comp are better quality than quickplay, even taking in some of the atrociously bad matches. Of course that means I do not play at the ELO I should but when I consider my room for improvement to play at a rank that actually means you're decent and my lack of experience with FPS games, I really don't care. When my mechanical ability is solid, I will drop every idiot in my matches like a sack of bricks and I will leave it.

Playing McCree again a lot lately. How the fuck has flashbang deploying from his dick never been addressed? I swear Blizzard hates this guy. They nerfed the piss out of him because Widowmaker was pointless, but why in the hell would you even play him if you're a good shot? The only thing he is good for is killing Mercy in ultimate and solo ulting Pharah.

Completely useless hero unless you have insane accuracy. How the fuck do people not get an anuerysm wondering whether or not every other flasbang is going to hit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I just play the game. I literally don't give a fuck about rating.

6v6 in this game cannot be worse than it is in comp. like 95%+ matches in comp are better quality than quickplay, even taking in some of the atrociously bad matches. Of course that means I do not play at the ELO I should but when I consider my room for improvement to play at a rank that actually means you're decent and my lack of experience with FPS games, I really don't care. When my mechanical ability is solid, I will drop every idiot in my matches like a sack of bricks and I will leave it.

Playing McCree again a lot lately. How the fuck has flashbang deploying from his dick never been addressed? I swear Blizzard hates this guy. They nerfed the piss out of him because Widowmaker was pointless, but why in the hell would you even play him if you're a good shot? The only thing he is good for is killing Mercy in ultimate and solo ulting Pharah.

Completely useless hero unless you have insane accuracy. How the fuck do people not get an anuerysm wondering whether or not every other flasbang is going to hit?
    Every fucking game has a McCree in it. There's no problem with him at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every fucking game has a McCree in it. There's no problem with him at all.
    It doesn't surprise me that someone with virtually no playtime on McCree thinks that.

He's got the cool factor going for him, but totally useless to anyone who isn't shooting 70% regularly. Way better picks out there that are way more functional and reliable kits.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't surprise me that someone with virtually no playtime on McCree thinks that.

He's got the cool factor going for him, but totally useless to anyone who isn't shooting 70% regularly. Way better picks out there that are way more functional and reliable kits.
    There's not a lot wrong with a hero that's been used extensively at all levels of play. He absolutely isn't Mei, Doomfist, Sombra levels of bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sombra isn't bad, she's just niche.

Similar boat as McCree I guess. People just play him because they are good at shooting Pharah or because someone else picked Soldier. I mean, sure, people play him a lot but they'd be better off playing a different hero.

I dunno tho. A lot of people have complaints about FTS (and sombra's translocator) but people have been complaining about flashbang for a really long time. You know your universe is fucked up when a grandma and a meth head can throw grenades farther than a cowboy with a bionic arm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh? I wouldn't call 50% insane accuracy on a one shot at a time, hitscan character. This is the first season I've really gone all in on him and he's fantastic. He is much better than Soldier in most situations as he can pop in and out to get his kills and generally takes less time to down someone. Here, look at my stats vs. a top 10 McRee right now:

7% accuracy difference, 5% more headshots, and faster. I'm not a very fast shot if I want accuracy, so I'm training myself to just slow down. I mean it also shows that he's surrounded by much higher level players than I am, since I die less, have more solo kills, and much less winrate...but that has nothing to do with the hero himself. Current season has McRee picked highest for offense and for good reason.

Edit: also, top comment on that video ->
    Every single one of those you threw it before aiming where you wanted it to go. It went where you were aiming each time, you can tell because the flashbang icon turns yellow the instant you use it and you're looking at the ground or the side each time. You can't use it then turn and expect it to go somewhere else like a curve ball. Watch them all again at .25 speed (settings), you will see. The bots were a bit messed up, sure, but your in-game play was user-error.
    Dead on. Don't press the button until you are aiming at your target.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2017-11-05 at 12:31 PM.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh? I wouldn't call 50% insane accuracy on a one shot at a time, hitscan character. This is the first season I've really gone all in on him and he's fantastic. He is much better than Soldier in most situations as he can pop in and out to get his kills and generally takes less time to down someone.
    Well accuracy means nothing if you aren't hitting the targets you need to hit. Your accuracy is only 4% better than mine and I have seen McCrees with 50% accuracy that can't down anything.

Varies from individual to individual I suppose, especially if shield damage counts as an accurate shot.

Dead on. Don't press the button until you are aiming at your target.
    You can do all that but it still won't change the fact that it is not intuitive.

I mean, who reads a guide on how to throw a grenade? Have you ever had to do that for any other FPS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sombra isn't bad, she's just niche.
    What niche? She has the second lowest pick rate and second lowest win rate. There is no niche in which she's actually good, not like Torb or Symmetra.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and this guy just needs his PC taking off him. And maybe his fingers. The 'Top 500' guy was complaining I couldn't heal him through being one-shot by Widow, the other guy, his friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well accuracy means nothing if you aren't hitting the targets you need to hit. Your accuracy is only 4% better than mine and I have seen McCrees with 50% accuracy that can't down anything.
    The point was that even pros only have like 50% accuracy on him, which admittedly is miles higher in difficulty with the movement patterns of other pros....but it just doesn't take a lot of accuracy to be effective in comparison to Soldier who comes in like 10-20% lower, but fires 10x more shots. Not like a Widow.
    You can do all that but it still won't change the fact that it is not intuitive.

I mean, who reads a guide on how to throw a grenade? Have you ever had to do that for any other FPS?
    You don't need to here. I've never played a game where I can throw a grenade like a curveball by swinging my mouse in mid motion. If it's an animation locked ability in any game that is instant cast, it goes where you are pointing. I'm not saying there isn't an issue, but it's with the animation that makes you 'feel' like it messed up which doesn't help you improve.

This is really similar to people who complain about bowling when you try to help them and say every time you let go of the ball your arm is pointing towards the gutters and your hands are angled weird. Same result in both cases. It's hard to differentiate without perspective, but the fact that you can easily stun over rein's shield means that it doesn't just 'come from the dick' and goes where you aim it. You just have to aim before release.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    As usual, impossible to climb. Too many incompetent players who refuse to swap to counter the enemy
    team, or at worst, instalocks who refuse to swap and turn hostile the moment you ask *nicely* to swap.

Sombra IS niche, not bad at all.

She's the most map dependent hero there is, fantastic on Volskaya/Anubis etc.

Her winrate in pubs shouldn't matter that much because she cannot function if your team doesn't play around her, if they do however she's fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    What niche? She has the second lowest pick rate and second lowest win rate. There is no niche in which she's actually good, not like Torb or Symmetra.

of course it doesn't start it at 3:20

The point was that even pros only have like 50% accuracy on him, which admittedly is miles higher in difficulty with the movement patterns of other pros....but it just doesn't take a lot of accuracy to be effective in comparison to Soldier who comes in like 10-20% lower, but fires 10x more shots. Not like a Widow.
    It's apples to oranges. Accuracy as an overall measure of mechanical ability isn't reliable or telling.

You don't need to here. I've never played a game where I can throw a grenade like a curveball by swinging my mouse in mid motion. If it's an animation locked ability in any game that is instant cast, it goes where you are pointing.
    If you turn around as fast as you can and do a 180 and flashbang, your flashbang will go to the side instead of where you are pointing. This doesn't happen to Ana or Junkrat. McCree's Flashbang is the only grenade in the game that works like this.

But idk man. In CoD, when you throw a grenade it doesn't magically come out of your dick or center of mass. It is thrown from your hand. Same thing in Halo. Overwatch is the only game I've ever played where I had to watch a video to figure out why in the hell so many of my flashbangs just weren't hitting.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-11-05 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But idk man. In CoD, when you throw a grenade it doesn't magically come out of your dick or center of mass. It is thrown from your hand. Same thing in Halo. Overwatch is the only game I've ever played where I had to watch a video to figure out why in the hell so many of my flashbangs just weren't hitting.
    Like I said, doesn't happen. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to throw over a rein shield and stun him, which is quite easy to do. I've also had a couple of times where I rage thinking my flashbang should have stunned, but these are normally when I flashbang my feet to avoid the reflecting genji, yet even though he's right in front of me he just keeps on jumping away with no stun. That's a mechanical failure to me. I aim at the ground, it seems to just not register?

But I have had absolutely no issues with the grenade not going where I'm aiming, which is evident in the video you showed. It goes where he is pointing, every time. Just aim where you want it, not where you think magical physics will swing it.
    BAD WOLF