10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it will just change the way people play. Something like that has weakness too, like low DPS output. Or the fact that a good Pharah can counter pretty much all of those heroes.

Having good survival is only half the battle.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    you wont see 3 support meta

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    It does to an extent but not fully. I've met players who I've thought to be bronze who are playing in masters. Reinhardt seeing Dva ult coming in "Don't worry, I'll block it", proceeds to place the shield so the mech is on the other side of it and not in front of it, blowing us all up.

Master Hanzos shooting their ulti right into dva matrix several times in a game.

High diamond junkrats who kill their own team when genji deflects.

Mercy ulting and flying straight into a team fight and starts ressing and dying.

High diamond reinhardt's dropping the shield to firestrike, making the enemy widow snipe a healer or DPS.

My favourite of all, master Sombra player who kept ulting the enemy team solo.

I don't understand why these players are at the same rating or higher than me.
    People still make some of these mistakes at my rank, not all but some of these are just things that can happen in a pub environment, doesn't mean they don't have enough mechanical skill to still get to a somewhat decent rank.

I've gotten killed by Rein's fire striking or Genji deflecting Junkrat a couple of times, and D.va has eaten a bunch of my own ults with different characters too.

It's pointless to home in some of these mistakes and just automatically assume because it happened they're complete garbage and belong in Bronze.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I was playing a capture the point map on Lijiang Tower today, and we lost the first round, as the next round began I found that instead of being teleported to the new map instead, I was respawned in the previous spawn area. Where as the rest of my team was in the market map for round two I was still in the spawn point at the control center, couldn't change character, couldn't leave... had to wait until I was booted. Thankfully I could chat though and let my team mates know... they found it funny so I cant complain too much, they could even see that in spectator mode they could see me still at the previous spawn :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-04-29 at 12:39 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    You've never seen a Symmetra with 2 Supports on Defense before? It's not that
    uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    I’ve already seen it and on defense like Gibraltar it is pretty rough because you alternate defensive Ilya on every team push meaning you don’t die and the attacker does. Zen not only spits out damage at pharaohs but also increases everyone’s damage on one target. Brig protects zen and everyone gets Tank life pools from armor and barriers. The pros are already testing it.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I’ve already seen it and on defense like Gibraltar it is pretty rough because you alternate defensive Ilya on every team push meaning you don’t die and the attacker does. Zen not only spits out damage at pharaohs but also increases everyone’s damage on one target. Brig protects zen and everyone gets Tank life pools from armor and barriers. The pros are already testing it.
    Where's the 3rd support in this?

- - - Updated - - -

So I played 2 games in a row of mystery heroes with both games having Support characters who decide to try and play damage instead of heal. 2nd game I type it's funny we have 3 support and not one of them is healing. I get someone who starts talking in voicechat about how I need to shut the fuck up and not be toxic.
    What?

New one in our series of gems from self-important twats - previously 1: team comp makes no difference and 2: you're not allowed to counter-pick in QP - 3: Healing is carrying!

Oh my fucking god... Yes, obviously healing makes a difference (just like tanking does, and just like good dps does) and I'm a support main too. But to insist that you carried just because you healed, I can't stop laughing.
    Last edited by Twen; 2018-04-30 at 11:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    just because you see something doesnt mean it become meta. And meta itself is only something you realy see in a Pro scene or on very High ranks. People always cry for 2-2-2 when often a 3rd dps is so much better on the lower ranks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I think the implication here is Zen, Brig and a main healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick Play is the single worst game option available to play this game. For a default, standard mode, Blizz don't invest anything in it, don't talk about it, and yet it's just such a horrible experience. It's almost embarrassing for them, I'm surprised they prefer to pretend it doesn't exist.

It is probably the only game mode you can get a 4 kill like this, and still lose horrendously such is the total lack of effort put into balancing matches. It shouldn't even be so bad, I mean they could just split the same 12 players differently and get a closer match, but it's like it sets it up to for a stomp one way or another.

https://plays.tv/video/5ae78af157ca4...potg?from=user

Just finishing this 6v6 comp elimination thing before next season. Can't wait to see what happens for this.
    When I hit my 4th game (win in a row) I started getting "Warning: Long Wait to Find a Fair Match." Really? Why don't I get those in regular comp? Win streak? Nah, quick wait while we find an unfair match. Loss streak? Nah, quick wait while we find whatever you're doomed to go against.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post

- - - Updated - - -

So I played 2 games in a row of mystery heroes with both games having Support characters who decide to try and play damage instead of heal. 2nd game I type it's funny we have 3 support and not one of them is healing. I get someone who starts talking in voicechat about how I need to shut the fuck up and not be toxic.
    What?
    It is zen, Brig and lucio. Once ults are on the table brig ults for perms shields, then Lucio and Zen take turns ulting everytime the enemy team makes their big push to get onto the defender point. During this window they can’t be killed no matter what ults the attacker uses and the attacker can easily die. Since defending team lives longer they get ult economy advantage. This works best on point 2 control points like volskaya or hanamura where the defender spawns near the point. Zen makes up for the damage loss of third healer and can deal with Pharah. In the cases I have seen there was a sym or a torb adding barrier/shields. The enemy was unkillable, the squishies were tanks and the tanks were barely taking damage.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game 1 : Hollywood. We were on D first. Managed to hold the defense, and we
    managed to cap on our turn, but it was close. I played Moira as Support both
    games.

Game 2 : Hanamura. We were on O first, and it was a terrible game.
    Played Rein, but couldn't get the team to push through the enemy's defenses,
    and when it was our turn, they took it pretty easily (I played Torb on D). In
    the end, was the only player with gold elims and damage. Simply put, we got
    outplayed, but there was terrible communication on our end. Looking at how
    the enemy team performed when we tried to storm them, their comms looked
    to be on point.

Game 3 : Had an error that said that the "server could not be found", and it
    looked like it wasn't even searching for a game. So I exit and restart the
    client in order to fix it, but for some bullshit fucking reason, it counted as a
    "loss" for me (despite not getting into a match), so fuck you game.

Game 4 : Oasis, and yet another terrible game.
    Played Rein both times and once more, bad comms and even worse hero
    selections. Had a Genji stay Genji despite the Winston that they had, our
    Pharah put no pressure on their Brigette, it was not so much a cluster fuck
    as it was people clearly not knowing what the fuck to do, and ignored any
    direction given to them.

Game 5 : Lijiang Tower, and once more, ANOTHER terrible game.
    Played Orisa at the start, received very poor healing, so had to go with
    Roadhog in order to keep myself up. The DPS players were utterly inept,
    as we had a Sombra/Tracer vs. their McCree and Reaper. We lost the
    1st point very decisively, and after a tough fight, lost the second game.

On another note, made the first report, since one of the players on my
    team referred to us all as "loosers."

Either way, my placement is looking really bad thanks to a lot of
    incompetent fucks.

Game 6 : Junkertown. We started on D, and after losing the momentum
    for most of the match, we managed to stop from, but only from barely
    getting the last cap. When it was our turn, we managed to take point
    1 quickly, but we took too long on point 2. By the team we were pushing
    for point 3, we couldn't go any further. They played just a bit better than
    we did. Played as Orisa on D, and Roadhog on O.

So yet again, another loss, making it 5 in a row. At this point, the game
    was in full "fuck me over" mode.

Game 7 : King's Row. Game went into Overtime with both our team's
    getting the 3-point cap. They tried to turret/Bastion cheese us when
    it was their turn to defend, but we had good comms (finally) which
    allowed us to win. I was Orisa, Zen, and Brigette.

Game 8 : Hollywood. Worst game of the set, thanks to a leaver on our
    team. Just when I thought the game was done fucking me, it pulled a
    surprise rape to my MM.

Game 9 : Dorado. 2nd worst game of the set, although thinking on it
    now, its arguable if it is #2. We were on O first, and we were just so
    easily spawn camped. Much like my earlier games, 0 communication,
    aside from one guy saying "come on guys" on mic, and having nothing
    else to add. It was completely one-sided.

Game 10 : Illois. Exactly the same as the last one. Could not contest
    a single one of the maps, and had terrible tanks as well as dps (two
    hit scans and they still couldn't kill the Pharah).

Final Score : 2 Wins, 8 losses.
    Placement : 1986

Utterly HORRIBLE start for the season.

Sure enough, played a game immediately after, and it was significantly
    better than anything previously. Managed to win it with only 1 death
    (played Moira), had excellent teammates, and equally excellent comms.

So now I'm at 2011 Gold.

But seriously, fuck the devs and this god awful MM system. Its such
    horseshit that its beyond words.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    snip

So now I'm at 2011 Gold.

But seriously, fuck the devs and this god awful MM system. Its such
    horseshit that its beyond words.
    This is meaningless without videos or something to judge your own play from, I also have no idea why'd you'd ever do something like play Rein in placements when you aren't that high ranked in the first place, it's asking for a low mmr number.

Placed 2901 now. Played mostly orisa and junkrat.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    You've never seen a Symmetra with 2 Supports on Defense before? It's not that
    uncommon.
    500 HP Symmetra is Bae.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    First account matched: 1900 SILVER LOL
    Second account matched: 2973.

"Personal skill". "Ranking on your personal skill".

Goodbye old account with all shiny skins. Hello new account. Goodbye frustration.

This was the last test I did if there is any chance to get back where you belong without having to pass through cancer. It's not possible.
    Buying a new game for 9 Bucks was worth my lowered stress level lel.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    It's pointless to home in some of these mistakes and just automatically assume because it happened they're complete garbage and belong in Bronze.
    I just finished my placements, I was placed at 3389. This junkrat in one game, who has been masters the past 3 seasons, I was playing mei and every time I used ulti he threw the mines in and blew people out of the ulti. It's not a mistake when he does it every ulti, he has to not realize he's fucking it up at that point and why should he be in masters if he can't realize that?

Playing roadhog another game, we're caught in a bad spot with a dva ulti coming at us and this PREVIOUSLY 4 TIMES MASTER RANKED ZARYA decides to shield me instead of another player, I was using my breather to reduce the damage from blast of it, I'd survive the blast without a shield but instead we had someone else die because he shielded me. When we're on the way out to the spawn junkrats ulti is coming at us, I use my heal again to reduce the damage of the impact because we fucked up. What do I see? Zarya has shielded me, mercy dies. People screaming at him on voice chat and he goes "roadhog would have died otherwise" NOT, I'D SURVIVE BECAUSE I WAS USING MY HEAL, IT REDUCES DAMAGE TAKEN.

Next game he's on the enemy team, he never shielded anyone that I hooked so they all died. He shielded their rein when our DVA sent her mech in, rein who is holding his own shield up, instead of the one who caught in a bad position so they would survive. He shielded mei who was in an iceblock when our junkrat sent his tire in. How is he in masters with that kind of shield priority?

Get the 4 TIMES MASTER ZARYA against me on volskaya, this time he's playing tracer. He didn't even manage to cross the gap so he'd be behind us, he fell down and died. Respawns and does it again. Switches to genji and comes and dashes right into junkrats trap and dies. He comes back and dashes in instantly again, right into hanzos scatter shot and instadies again. He says to report his healers in chat. Put him on avoid at this point to make sure I won't end up with him on my team again because I realize he's really fucking bad at this point.

Enemy team has him next game as well, he comes running as roadhog and he does not know how to hook at all. I got a phone call midgame that I had to take so I stopped moving when I was going to answer and he comes running around the corner and I'm thinking "oh fuck, I'm dead", see the hook and... he misses it, on a stationary target. He misses on a stationary target who is busy answering the phone. Later in the game I'm 1v1 vs him on genji and he thinks it's a good idea to ulti and kills himself with his ulti because he doesn't turn away when I started deflecting, he just kept aiming at me. Later the enemy team is going towards last point, fighting on the payload and he comes running out straight in the open, gets headshot by our widowmaker and starts healing, gets headshot again, still not searching cover, just running towards the point and dies without trying to avoid widowmaker. Says in chat to report the healers when the game ends.

How are these 2 people master material? That's not a "mistake", that's lacking any awareness or knowing what to prioritize and when.
    Last edited by Player Twelve; 2018-05-01 at 05:18 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Went 7-3, placed 3188. Not bad. Now it's time to see if the Brigitte life will take me to Masters. Mace to the face!
    BAD WOLF