10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    They had no snipers.. At all.
    Multiple Bastions or Torbjorns then?

Tried some solo que last night before my friends got on. That went badly. Mostly just people afk, mic yelling/whining, people not just playing badly but seemingly purposefully badly(standing and shooting at a wall, Reinhardt suicide charge off cliffs, Mei ice walls not only poorly placed but cause a 5 man wipe). Probably won't do that again for a while.

Friends got on and it was better. Starting to see a lot of people that just don't switch and it costs us the match. Had an attack map on Hollywood full of enemy bastions and a torb. Got the two friends in game with me at the time to switch eventually, but the randoms in there just kept getting mowed down. Same thing with a defense map on Hollywood where the enemy team chose mostly D.va with a Roadhog, Mercy, and Pharah for turrets. No one would switch to a tank killer class until it was far too late.

Ended the night at level 15 half way to 16. Still not a single skin though. No legendary, no recolors, nothing. I'm fairly certain I'm going to have all the sprays, voice, icons, etc, before I get even a basic recolor on a character I don't play.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

Deleted
    I was getting mildly frustrated because I wasnt playing well, but I had a couple of rounds yesterday as S76 where I went beast mode, got a Legendary post-game vote, before falling back into mediocrity. I'm thoroughly enjoying the up and downs of the game. Genuinely brings a smile to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Multiple Bastions or Torbjorns then?
    We were on defence, so no. There may have been 1 Bastion, but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I've just gotta say, I have no idea how I'm so bad at Widowmaker and Hanzo. I have no problem with my long range aim with a character like Soldier 76 but when I try Widowmaker I have to shoot two or three times to kill someone, never score a head shot. And then when I'm getting taken out by snipers it seems like they're always scoring headshots on me. Am I missing something? LOL.
    Watch for the target recticle to bloom then twitch fire. I believe it blooms only on head shots. In fact anytime you see that recticle bloom just pull the trigger.

As for me I don't do snipers, shakey hands from carpal tunnel don't work out well when it comes to sniping. Any other shooting I do I am just fine at it, but pin point accuracy with a sniper rifle doesn't work with carpal tunnel, which is a shame since I use to be amazing back in the original TF with snipers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Watch for the target recticle to bloom then twitch fire. I believe it blooms only on head shots. In fact anytime you see that recticle bloom just pull the trigger.

As for me I don't do snipers, shakey hands from carpal tunnel don't work out well when it comes to sniping. Any other shooting I do I am just fine at it, but pin point accuracy with a sniper rifle doesn't work with carpal tunnel, which is a shame since I use to be amazing back in the original TF with snipers.
    I kind of wonder sometimes if I'm just too old to be able to be twitchy enough for certain classes. Reflexes slowing down and such.

i feel like the flick shot you do on counter strike works well on Widow, get sensitivity very low, move your mouse very fast and shoot while it is about to reach their head/frame, dont know if i managed to convey what i mean

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I scored a headshot with widowmaker, felt accomplished and then got killed by a reaper who teleported behind me. Now I remember why I don't play Widowmaker, awareness isn't my strong suit.
    Could be worse...first game playing as Widowmaker a D.Va, with her loud clanking steps, snuck up on me. I started paying much closer attention to sounds in game after that.

Terrible, I have no idea why. In beta I had a lot of good games but in live it's all a bunch of shit games with people not making normal comps, and I can count the amount of decent games on one hand. I'm sitting at like a 30% winrate lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I kind of wonder sometimes if I'm just too old to be able to be twitchy enough for certain classes. Reflexes slowing down and such.
    If you maintain a skill over your life you will retain it no matter how old you get. Old skills become hard wired but the older you get the harder it is to learn new skills. It is why elderly people just can't seem to grasp a new operating system, be it their iphone or windows 10.

For example I watched a documentary on aging and it had a 90 year old man and his 17 year old great grandson playing a motorcycle arcade game. The kid did fine but the old man pretty much spent the entire race leaning to one side on the motorcycle controller and rubbing the wall the entire race. But then they went home and played a game of chess and the old guy beat the great grandson with ease. It isn't that the motorcycle game required reflexes, it is that his brain could no longer create new pathways so easily.

When we reach our retirement homes of the future we will be playing video games, "Damn it Karl, I said you were the sniper! Not the Driver! You can't snipe while driving the warthog! Nurse! Karl is hogging the sniper rifle again!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Terrible, I have no idea why. In beta I had a lot of good games but in live it's all a bunch of shit games with people not making normal comps, and I can count the amount of decent games on one hand. I'm sitting at like a 30% winrate lol.
    There are more noobs right now, I am also finding that the more skilled players are getting in gaming groups and not queueing solo because of the frustration. I had 3 good games out of 9 yesterday. As people start forming more pre-made groups the quality of the solo player queueing will go down because all you will be left with is the rabble.

Hit random group button, get random. Don't use the random group button if you don't like playing with the possibility of the lower end of the spectrum random players.

3 Winston and 3 Lucio on Ilios for the Weekly Brawl. Try it. You won't regret it.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    3 Winston and 3 Lucio on Ilios for the Weekly Brawl. Try it. You won't regret it.
    It's an incredibly boring comp..

What are the rules of the weekly brawl this week?

10+ Year Old Account
    We were on defence, so no. There may have been 1 Bastion, but I'm not sure.
    Strange, but the more pertinent question is whether they were more effective for having swapped?

10+ Year Old Account
    When we reach our retirement homes of the future we will be playing video games, "Damn it Karl, I said you were the sniper! Not the Driver! You can't snipe while driving the warthog! Nurse! Karl is hogging the sniper rifle again!"
    That made me chuckle.

Really though, I've been computer gaming for ten years (I'm 34 now), but it's mostly been different MMORPGs, with a little HotS and Hearthstone. This is my first FPS. I don't think I'm awful at it but I'm not quite as twitchy as some of the people I'm seeing and I'm atrocious when someone gets up in my face. A close range character coming up on me is pretty much insta death for me. Maybe I just need more Widowmaker practice, IDK.

Deleted
    If you maintain a skill over your life you will retain it no matter how old you get. Old skills become hard wired but the older you get the harder it is to learn new skills. It is why elderly people just can't seem to grasp a new operating system, be it their iphone or windows 10.

For example I watched a documentary on aging and it had a 90 year old man and his 17 year old great grandson playing a motorcycle arcade game. The kid did fine but the old man pretty much spent the entire race leaning to one side on the motorcycle controller and rubbing the wall the entire race. But then they went home and played a game of chess and the old guy beat the great grandson with ease. It isn't that the motorcycle game required reflexes, it is that his brain could no longer create new pathways so easily.

- - - Updated - - -

There are more noobs right now, I am also finding that the more skilled players are getting in gaming groups and not queueing solo because of the frustration. I had 3 good games out of 9 yesterday. As people start forming more pre-made groups the quality of the solo player queueing will go down because all you will be left with is the rabble.

Hit random group button, get random. Don't use the random group button if you don't like playing with the possibility of the lower end of the spectrum random players.
    I play with a group of friends mostly now as well.
    The good games I had with random people in the team I can probably count on one hand :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Strange, but the more pertinent question is whether they were more effective for having swapped?
    Oh no. We got absolutely destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no. We got absolutely destroyed.
    Then it was a bad call It isn't always though, I've had a few games with some old guildies where we ended up with 3 snipers because it just worked better for what we were up against.

15+ Year Old Account
    no matter what I do, I return to picking Mercy. guess all those years of playing disc/holy priest did their damage to my brain lol.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2016-05-26 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EliteNightKnight View Post
    LoLd
    Was looking for heal, got 10 hp. Pharah appears and uses ulti only on me. "REKT"
    Well, mine comes from a guy who thinks barely pushing the cart after the time limit into overtime was us being rekt. And it's always from like the worst member of their team, too.