10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Mei isn't shit, most people just can't hit with her right clicks and try to play her like some freezing machine, running around holding left click. She's very good for some maps in proper hands.

- - - Updated - - -

That's how it's been what, past 3 seasons? Surprised you just notice it now.

P.S Playing Ana can sometimes get really frustrating. Our Winston casually jumped behind enemy lines like idiot (as usual), enemy D.Va came between us holding Matrix. Winston dies, and you can imagine his rage in voice chat for not getting any heals from the shit Ana.
    Okay. Mei isn't shit, she's just too high skill for people to realistically be using.

Deleted
    1 More placement match to go, won 8/9 at the moment. Had stunningly great games, even added a few people to my friend list (which I'm not prone to do). Last one yesterday was a complete shutdown on Anubis that I haven't even experienced in QM. I played Lucio, we boosted the team through the left door on attack, broke their formation on the ledge and just crushed them on the point. Speed boosted to B straight to the point, ult and we won. Crazy fast.

I'm surprised, these 8 games this weekend have been exceptional: a lot of communication, good team compositions except the one loss where we had both a Widow and a Hanzo who refused to switch (and were terrible at it).

Been switching between Soldier, D.Va, Lucio, Winston and the occasional Mei on specific defensive maps at the moment. I'm fairly comfortable with these 5 and they seem solid enough. Going to look at getting 1 more support hero in, probably Zen since I'm not good enough with Ana. These 6 should give me plenty of flexibility to play what the team needs without being forced to a hero that I'm really not good enough at.

I'm not the type to stick to a specific category of hero, though that would probably be the best if I wanted to really improve at them. If so, then I'd probably go support. I feel like I'm really comfortable on Lucio.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-06-12 at 09:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never have I struggled to obtain Platinum as I have this season.

The bullshit that is this game's MMR kept me at exactly 10 losses
    from wins, and any attempts to "catch up" and be at the very least,
    even, are swiftly cut down with pairings of some terrible players
    and against teams who walk the dog on us.

Now this night, consistently bad teams, raising the loss ratio from
    10 to 15.

Fuck this season and any of the assholes responsible for the
    decision of "ranking down" players for this season. So fucking
    retarded.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2017-06-12 at 08:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I keep wondering about these cheats you run into lol.

Also does anyone know when the event ends exactly?
    Ones queued with a level 1300 (gold border, not rank) on a throwaway account, who their own team accept is suspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished my first placements since Season 2, 1686
    Thinking this season I'll just make sure I'm comfortably gold, and push for plat next season.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Never have I struggled to obtain Platinum as I have this season.

The bullshit that is this game's MMR kept me at exactly 10 losses
    from wins, and any attempts to "catch up" and be at the very least,
    even, are swiftly cut down with pairings of some terrible players
    and against teams who walk the dog on us.

Now this night, consistently bad teams, raising the loss ratio from
    10 to 15.

Fuck this season and any of the assholes responsible for the
    decision of "ranking down" players for this season. So fucking
    retarded.
    Haven't you been whining here for like past 2 seasons about not being able to rank up?

Yea, damn that Matchmaking for causing that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I'm surprised that you get placed so low every new season. I got 1400 and last season hovered around 2000, it's super difficult to climb your way up again from those lower levels because you get a lot of hanzos and/or no healers. I pretty much always play a tank and I think I'm decent at that role and I feel like I always contribute to the success of my team's victories and even when we lose I do my absolute best. It feels like a bit like a punch in the face to have to dig yourself out of the muck every season and get to the SR where people are actually decent at the game.
    That's why I think this game needs some sort of matchmaking community of like minded people you can team up with to get out of the swamp. Solo queue is devastating at those ratings.

Like in WoW there was a Discord community of decent players who couldn't play on a tight schedule anymore but still wanted to progress in raids. We had a solid group and did more or less flexible raiding, without being condemned to the Group Finder pugs that are always a dumpster fire. This way we could progress beyond what we would normally do if we played with randoms.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It will end on monday when the arcade mode resets, which is typically 8pm Eastern Time U.S.

I bought all the skins I didn't win in game and I really didn't get to take advantage of double exp weekend due to life. I got every skin for the event but mei and I really don't care for it. I even unfortunately got power ranger genji.... can't unsee that... Oh and I have 2,750 gold left over.
    Pretty sure I read that it ends at 11:59 PM PDT on the 12th.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Getting pretty good with Orisa, climbed up to 2260 now which is a career high. She is so underrated as a hero, especially her Ult, which I've seen a lot of negativity about. With a half decent team, you don't need to stack any other ults and it makes for a comfortable team killer, and it seems to last forever as well. But she's so much stronger in a 'proper' composition which you don't get in QP, that people just don't seem to rate her at all; because that's not where they try her out.

Still gaining 30+SR for wins and less than 20 for losses as well. And I'm actually winning matches as well! This can't last.

Got Tracer skin now, which i don't like, too much like the scumbag kids that used to rob the shop I worked at. :/ 4K credits though, will wait and see if DVa skin and Sombra dance drop before the end, so tempting to just buy them..
    She is kind of fun but ridiculously squishy and really a bad pick if solo tanking. Better than Roadhog but so is every tank.

Taking a break from ranked until all the Mercy mains rise up to top 500 or something again, it's getting really annoying to have multiple of them in your game or you get that one adventurous one that decides to bust out the dps hero he can't play because 400 hours of Mercy don't actually teach you how to play Overwatch at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Pretty sure I read that it ends at 11:59 PM PDT on the 12th.

- - - Updated - - -

She is kind of fun but ridiculously squishy and really a bad pick if solo tanking. Better than Roadhog but so is every tank.
    Isn't 11:59 PM PDT in like an hour.

Deleted
    It's good that "Mercy mains" can't climb that much. There are some who heal well, but most just do 1 huge rez and expect that your team otherwise wins 5v6. Play that offense if you aren't satisfied. I used solo-stomper Zarya, since I can't aim, and went 3000sr.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolsname View Post
    It's good that "Mercy mains" can't climb that much. There are some who heal well, but most just do 1 huge rez and expect that your team otherwise wins 5v6. Play that offense if you aren't satisfied. I used solo-stomper Zarya, since I can't aim, and went 3000sr.
    They climb faster than almost any other hero because they leech of a better player and the system literally rewards them for pressing LMB.

I've been hanging around in mid-masters for forever, the Mercy thing is (funnily enough) a problem that doesn't exist until you get to Masters/GM, from what I've heard it's actually even worse in GM.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2017-06-12 at 03:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Haven't you been whining here for like past 2 seasons about not being able to rank up?

Yea, damn that Matchmaking for causing that.
    Indeed, damn it all to hell. Glad you agree.

15+ Year Old Account
    Taking a break from ranked until all the Mercy mains rise up to top 500 or something again, it's getting really annoying to have multiple of them in your game or you get that one adventurous one that decides to bust out the dps hero he can't play because 400 hours of Mercy don't actually teach you how to play Overwatch at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't 11:59 PM PDT in like an hour.
    No? It's 15 hours from now.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    No? It's 15 hours from now.
    I don't know timezones at all, my bad, that makes more sense.

Deleted
    They climb faster than almost any other hero because they leech of a better player and the system literally rewards them for pressing LMB.

I've been hanging around in mid-masters for forever, the Mercy thing is (funnily enough) a problem that doesn't exist until you get to Masters/GM, from what I've heard it's actually even worse in GM.
    Well, I don't reach that M/GM and don't really know, but sounds true. Even at 2500-3000 almost every game had a Mercy on both sides, but it makes playing Winston and Reaper more fun, to end their big ress dreams and leeching. Mercy is such an odd character, nearly useless due to vulnerability against both ranged and melee, only thing she brings is the one button. And that's so low skill requiring. Hope they would remove the beam visibility, or at least make it harder to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Ana muscle memory is getting noticeably better. I also managed to get all of the anniversary dances, card sprays, voice lines, and skins save for Pharah's skin...which I told myself, "You don't play Pharah, silly. Don't worry about it. Besides you don't even really like that skin..."

But then I was in a match with a Pharah with the new skin...and now I want it. Frak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought Hanzo today, and pulled Genji two level-ups later. Now have all the even skins, and all the dances I would want. (did buy a 50 pack of boxes)

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't get the gold Widow portrait or Orisa or Pharah dances, but got the main things I wanted so happy with that. Absolutely love the new D.Va voicelines on her Cruiser skin "Did you order a knuckle sandwich?" Also, Rockabilly D.Va, definitely cutest D.Va.

Tonight was a strange one, kept crawling and it kept working, only stopped because tired and wanted to play some Widow in QP. Got carried a couple of games though because the other side didn't seem to want to fight our Pharahs so they just basically soloed them; one team gave up at round 3 Nepal and half of them started suiciding, really hurts your gains when that happens because you can't really do anything to 'look good' on the systems when there's nothing to actually do. But back up to 2250, so from my start point, I am well past half way to Plat and still on the right trajectory in terms of net SR gains.

7+ Year Old Account
    things i wanted and got:
    -symmetra skin
    -tracer skin
    -meis skin (had to buy it tho)
    -sombras dance
    -pharahs dance

the things i wanted but didnt get:
    -bastion dune buggy
    -symmetra dance
    -widow dance
    -tracer dance

things i got but would gladly trade for any of the things above:
    -soldiers skin.

i got more ofc, but that stuff's just shit i dont care about in the slightiest.

i had a pretty fun match earlier. (qp)
    played as symmetra... on attack... on numbani...

we got matched with a 6 man premade and got absolutely wrecked, then i managed to sneak behind the enemy lines (dont ask how, it was painful), and put up a teleporter while everyone jumped on the point.
    they red team had no idea what was coming at them.

we won the match, thanks to my attacker teleporters lol.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I didn't pick up that I really cared about at all was the Bastion skin; there's a bunch of dances I didn't get, but I either found them meh or they're on characters I have little interest in playing any more (Reinhardt's is the closest to one I miss; it's great but I never Reinhardt these days).

But then, I DID enter with like 8k gold and bought some boxes to boot. Just had to spam-purchase the Reaper shrug and dance because, with his changes, I may actually play him now.