Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I always Zarya, I set up pharah and Hanzo for team wipes and with a half decent healer I never die. You still can't push a payload fast enough unless the opposing team is just absolutely trash. Usually what happens is Winston drops bubble, soldier drops heal, Anna throws a grenade, Lucia amps his healing and there is either a Rhardt shield or ice wall/ice block or d.va def matrix. It isn't even worth trying when a defense team just has to wait for the timer to end, hold out a bit and throw down a gravity bomb just outside the payload/control point so it sucks the attackers away long enough to win.

Mayhem is fun but there is just way too much life.
    Noticed the real problem isn't the HP (doesn't help) but the cooldowns. When we took point A on attack (got to 3/4 to the end) the first point was almost held solo by a Mei who just iceblocked every 3 secs and managed to stay alive far longer then she would normally, long enough till reinforcement or two arrived who almost died instantly.

Or the constant shield from Winston doesn't help either.

It's hard tbh to win on attack but it doesn't help if you're team is full of people with players like Hanzo because it is possible to push if people pick the right chars.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Noticed the real problem isn't the HP (doesn't help) but the cooldowns. When we took point A on attack (got to 3/4 to the end) the first point was almost held solo by a Mei who just iceblocked every 3 secs and managed to stay alive far longer then she would normally, long enough till reinforcement or two arrived who almost died instantly.

Or the constant shield from Winston doesn't help either.

It's hard tbh to win on attack but it doesn't help if you're team is full of people with players like Hanzo because it is possible to push if people pick the right chars.
    The cool downs are the entire point of the mode, call me when they call it the 'meatshield mode'.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Got called a 'try hard Widow' last night.
    Never really got how trying hard is supposed to be an insult.

Deleted
    There's actually surprisingly many people playing Arcade/QP that throw those "try hard" "insults" around when losing. I don't really get it, should one play those game modes to lose on purpose or something?

Season 5 SoloQ is as fun as ever!

10+ Year Old Account
    Season 5 placed me 200 points higher than Season 4, but still about 300 points lower than I usually end up. Is anyone else getting placed way low? I track my win/loss rank changes, and at the placement, I'm usually winning 30-40 rank on a win, and losing only about 15-20 per loss, so I definitely rank up from there, but it's annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if the system intentionally rounds down a bit when estimating your SR because it feels better to win your way up to the correct place than lose your way down. S1 is the only season where I placed higher than I ended up sitting; every other season I have placed a lot lower and then climbed my way up.

(disclaimer: I haven't finished my placement games this season. three to go I think)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I wonder if the system intentionally rounds down a bit when estimating your SR because it feels better to win your way up to the correct place than lose your way down. S1 is the only season where I placed higher than I ended up sitting; every other season I have placed a lot lower and then climbed my way up.

(disclaimer: I haven't finished my placement games this season. three to go I think)
    Maybe, it just seems significantly off for me in particular, and I was wondering if it's due to some internal MMR that's off-base with me personally, or if it's something everyone's seeing.

If I were down 100-150 points, I'd see that as reasonable based on what you're saying, but down 500 and 300 in the last two seasons seems way over the top to me. If I gain 10 more rank for a win than a loss (let's say), then a 300-point deficit, given a 50/50 win/loss ratio (and ignoring draws as irrelevant) means I need, on average, 60 games just to reach my "proper" rank, based on nothing other than the placement system's deficit.

I got to diamond tier last season so I was pretty happy about that as Season 2 I could only get to Plat and skipped all of S3.

Right now I'm just trying to "master" the hit-scan heroes. McCree is my main with about 60 hours put into him on QP. Using Widowmaker, Ana, Soldier, and Roadhog/D.Va when he's not available or to round things out in a more serious match.

Deleted
    Only done four placement matches so far, won the first lost the other ones. Us tanks and supports wondering what the absolute fuck the DPS was doing, you take a quick look onto their profiles and they are support mains so that's fun. Don't really see any reason in continue already know i will get placed lower and because of the decay system it's not even fun to push above 3k.

Don't see any reason for having the placement matches or the decay system.

Deleted
    Haven't played new placement yet. I'm doing some Quick Plays with Zarya, works quite well + Roadhog on PTR, testing the new map

yay, placement done as Mercy. 6 win, 1 draw.. guess what.Yep 1600. Thats far below my last seasons raiting.

I instalocked Mercy for all 10 placement matches and it placed me at 2850, so almost diamond. My thinking was that if I play only Mercy the game wouldn't be able to judge my terrible aim, and it kinda worked xD

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Symetra just did 27k dmg and 61 eliminations in high sr, my team ragequited. 125DMG/SEC for a support that requires no aim and no skill to be played. The fact that she was chasing 2 tanks and they where running for their lives is beyond retard.

Most of my friends playing OW and especially those above 4k sr have unistalled the game from previous seasons. I just did as well.
    I highly doubt anyone above 4k SR got their asses stomped by a Symmetra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I think Symmetra can use some tweaks, but if people in silver can figure out how to murder symmetra, I'm pretty sure people at Grandmaster can.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Like... a Pharah? A Widow? A Hanzo? A Bastion? A soldier? Anyone with good range damage can keep symmetra dead without her even touching them. And some close range folks (like Reaper) can kill her before she melts them if they're on point. You can also keep her turrets dead and harass (if not outright kill) her with a Winston. Other tanks like Hog are also great picks against her, and you can definitely beat her to death with a Rein if he's getting healed while she beams him. She's pretty squishy and she can only laser one person at a time. She mostly dominates when teams aren't good at handling her, which is definitely a problem at very low SR but highly unlikely to ever be a problem at 4k SR.

You're also going to have to support your claim that Symmetra being the highest pick hero. She's definitely picked more since her rework a few months ago, but she's still one of the lower tier heroes in every single source of stats I've seen.

But I've also never seen a competitive match running four supports (Lucio/Mercy/Zen/Symm as you say) either, so what do I know. I also recently learned in this thread that it's impossible to overcome the 5 Torb meta going on, so I am beginning to suspect there are very different versions of this game that exist

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    2340 for the start of this season. Kinda surprised considering how several games involving
    jackasses who main Hanzo (insert meme here) as well as ragers and poor communication
    caused me to lose more than I won.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Season 5 placed me 200 points higher than Season 4, but still about 300 points lower than I usually end up. Is anyone else getting placed way low? I track my win/loss rank changes, and at the placement, I'm usually winning 30-40 rank on a win, and losing only about 15-20 per loss, so I definitely rank up from there, but it's annoying.
    Just wanted to update this; I'm 6 matches in, and it was 5 wins, 1 loss. The wins all gained me somewhere between 40 and 51 SR each, the one loss cost me only 20 SR.

That's why I say I'm placed too low; when I track my performance at where it places me, I consistently gain twice as much as I lose, and it takes me usually a few dozen matches just to get to where I "should be" and it balances out. Feels bad, like I should get placed more closely to where I should be.

- - - Updated - - -

How u kill a symetra while getting healed for 500/sec by mercy-lucio-zen-torb comp and a rein on top of that?
    Assuming Torb is at full scrap, and he's tossing armor right on Symm perfectly, and Lucio is Amping it Up, it's 60+46.8+30+75, 211.8/s healing total.

And in that case, just back off for a sec until cooldowns are done and then wreck her.

Even if u manage to deal with her, when a support wrecks reins shield in just 5 seconds while bastion needs 12, well then i just dont know what to say.
    At max charge, she does 30 damage per "hit", and 4 hits per second, so 120 damage per second. A Rein shield has 2000 health. That's not "5 seconds".
    Bastion, in Sentry mode, does up to 15 damage per bullet, and 35 rounds per second, so 525 DPS. Like four times what Symmetra is capable of.

Even if we add in Reinhardt being hit by all her Sentry turrets, that's another 180 DPS, so 300 total, max. Still way below Sentry Bastion.

You've got this totally wrong, somehow.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-06-02 at 04:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How u kill a symetra while getting healed for 500/sec by mercy-lucio-zen-torb comp and a rein on top of that?

And maybe it was the case murdering symetra on previous seasons but now its out of control. Check forums and threads about using symetra effective in offence and atm is the highest use hero in both defence and offence.

Even if u manage to deal with her, when a support wrecks reins shield in just 5 seconds while bastion needs 12, well then i just dont know what to say.

And that happend btw at gold bracket.
    I find this hard to believe since Symmetra's main problem in my eyes is predictability. By now most people know roughly where she'd place her turrets and her tele/shield gen, making her pretty ineffective. If I know the enemy team has a Symmetra then I can make some pretty accurate guesses at where her defenses will be placed and thus nullify them completely(unless someone else is already doing it). Even if she has her own shield plus armour, people are going to be very aware of her and target her ruthlessly. Her biggest advantage is the fact people never expect to see her in some brackets, but after that initial suprise multi-kill, she becomes very ineffective, though, perhaps that's just because I make sure of that in all my games.

Deleted
    If you seriously try to nuke the Symmetra in that composition over the healers, I'm not surprised you're losing. Just kill those "500/sec" healers first. There's a reason OW has ton of good flanker heroes.
    And maybe it was the case murdering symetra on previous seasons but now its out of control. Check forums and threads about using symetra effective in offence and atm is the highest use hero in both defence and offence.
    Yea, I won't. Forum threads are mostly full of low rank idiots with no clue how to properly play this game complaining about pointless crap. They are not to be taken 100% seriously.

I'd like to see your source on this "highest use hero in both defence and offence" though. Because according to my own games, it's not that, not even close. Like 1 Symmetra in 9 games.

Maybe don't use Rein then. Dive them. Besides, that 5 seconds is 100% bullshit, not that I'm surprised.

And that happend btw at gold bracket.
    Yea, no kidding.
    Last edited by mmocbcb02db377; 2017-06-02 at 07:20 AM.