1. #10261
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    I think ThatsOurEric might actually be a satirical caricature rather than a real human being, y'know, like Ali-G. I think we've been trolled this entire time.
    The frequency at which I encounter his attitude in the actual game leads me to believe otherwise, it is echoed by a bunch of others in this very thread as well.

  2. #10262
    Started to win alot, got 2670 SR. Suddenly, got into horrid teams with bad comps and people being very toxic and I fell down to 2412 SR.

    I mostly solo queue and lately I have joined alot of teams with a premade in it, most often a duo. These duos instalock into dps(widow, hanzo, genji) and the toxic shitthrowing already begins when selecting heroes.

    I am a team player and I change accordingly to what the team needs. I play every tank besides Zarya(can if I MUST) and every healer too. If I get to DPS, great. If not, thats allright.

    Sadly, this idea of building team comps and then CHANGE hero on the go to counter the enemy team comes very hard for alot of people. So what if the enemy team got 3 counters for Phara? gonna roll with her anyway and scream "I NEED HEALING"

  3. #10263
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    The frequency at which I encounter his attitude in the actual game leads me to believe otherwise, it is echoed by a bunch of others in this very thread as well.
    I didn't ask for rational or logical arguments, I was trying to make a point, dammit.

  4. #10264
    Over 9000! Jinro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    9,457
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    You already have an established account. If you wanted to "main" a new role or character, you can easily do
    so on the one you already have.
    Lose rating, have people flame me for throwing? No, thanks. I'll play my other account.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    I only hope you get reported enough to get perma-banned.
    Lmao, that won't happen. Playing a new account and only one character isn't something you can report people for.

  5. #10265
    I am Murloc! Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    5,663
    Guess my skill-level or whatever was risen because lately seems I'm facing some tough opposition. When they stomp over my team it's.. not nice. But sometimes I get to play extremely satisfying games, where everyone, on both sides, feels like a badass fighting to win.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  6. #10266
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Lose rating, have people flame me for throwing? No, thanks. I'll play my other account.


    Lmao, that won't happen. Playing a new account and only one character isn't something you can report people for.
    In all fairness, people have been reported for 1 tricking. From what I’ve seen about it, people spin it that it is griefing or poor team play because you won’t switch to help the team. Haven’t seen this come up for a long ass time, so maybe a nonissue or it was shown to be false, but I do remember people posting about it.

  7. #10267
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    In all fairness, people have been reported for 1 tricking. From what I’ve seen about it, people spin it that it is griefing or poor team play because you won’t switch to help the team. Haven’t seen this come up for a long ass time, so maybe a nonissue or it was shown to be false, but I do remember people posting about it.
    Forcing your team to lose and forcing your team to put up with your pick are two quite different things.

  8. #10268
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    Forcing your team to lose and forcing your team to put up with your pick are two quite different things.
    Yet 1 can argue they are the same thing. Matter of fact many people have, hence why some people claim to have gotten suspensions for 1 tricking.

  9. #10269
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Yet 1 can argue they are the same thing. Matter of fact many people have, hence why some people claim to have gotten suspensions for 1 tricking.
    Afaik the devs clarified that one-tricking in itself is not punishable and turned out that some one-tricks who were indeed suspended and made noise about it actually got slammed because they had been toxic asses. But this was a while ago and I cba to try and find those pieces, so believe it or not.
    Last edited by Twen; 2019-07-12 at 11:05 PM.

  10. #10270
    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Afaik the devs clarified that one-tricking in itself is not punishable and turned out that some one-tricks who were indeed suspended and made noise about it actually got slammed because they had been toxic asses. But this was a while ago and I cba to try and find those pieces, so believe it or not.
    Right. I also alluded to this because it was so long ago and I don’t remember the specifics. I do remember it lasted many pages on this forum (maybe another) and I realized in reading them all that most people either wittingly or unwittingly agreed that 1 tricking is reportable and have done so, albeit from getting confused about definitions and such.
    Just pointing out to Jinro and others that someone may get reported for 1 tricking, even if not done in the most accurate way.

  11. #10271
    Over 9000! Jinro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    9,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    In all fairness, people have been reported for 1 tricking. From what I’ve seen about it, people spin it that it is griefing or poor team play because you won’t switch to help the team. Haven’t seen this come up for a long ass time, so maybe a nonissue or it was shown to be false, but I do remember people posting about it.
    I can report someone for abusive chat even if they don't say anything. Doesn't mean it's a legitimate report that will stick.

  12. #10272
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    I can report someone for abusive chat even if they don't say anything. Doesn't mean it's a legitimate report that will stick.
    Without evidence you are correct; however, it is much easier to spin poor teamwork/griefing if asked to switch to help the team or from being hard countered and refusing to do so.
    Much like someone says something as light as “you need to work on your aim more” is opening themselves up for abusive chat reports.
    Before you misunderstand me, I’m not stating I agree with any of this, I’m just stating it is possible.

  13. #10273
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Yet 1 can argue they are the same thing. Matter of fact many people have, hence why some people claim to have gotten suspensions for 1 tricking.
    No, they're not. Since one forces your team to lose, the other might tilt people if your pick is off meta or whatever, but that's the choice of the teammates to deal with. No one gets suspended for one tricking lol.

  14. #10274
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    No, they're not. Since one forces your team to lose, the other might tilt people if your pick is off meta or whatever, but that's the choice of the teammates to deal with. No one gets suspended for one tricking lol.
    And yet it has been reported. Hell, I’ve been reported for 1 tricking because I wouldn’t change a damage hero. Nothing happened to me, but others have stated they got reported and had suspensions. I can’t prove that their suspension/ban was only for 1 tricking, but just the same you can’t disprove it.
    Bottom line, if I want to report someone for 1 tricking and spin it as poor teamwork/griefing then I absolutely can do that. It’s possible that if my entire team sides with me about it, or it happens over multiple games, then there could very well be action taken against it.

  15. #10275
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    So, you'd rather someone played an off-hero on their main account, upsetting all their teammates because they're performing far below their current SR until they drop a bunch and eventually stabilize, than make a new account and upset literally no one?
    Except all the other people who are paired with said player, because since it's a dummy account,
    said player doesn't care whether he wins or loses, and so doesn't opt to switch, frustrating the team
    because they have an insta-locker, and THEY lose because that one teammate doesn't want to actually
    play the game by working with the team.

    Are you...are you really that slow as to not comprehend why this wouldn't be a problem?

    Oh hey it's called Quick Match. Maybe play that a lot, get confident enough with hero and maybe test
    them in Ranked to see how it goes? No? I guess this kind of logical rational is too much for you or and
    insta-locker. That's pathetic.

    I think ThatsOurEric might actually be a satirical caricature rather than a real human being, y'know, like Ali-G. I think we've been trolled this entire time.
    I just think it's funny that you try and say that you're a pleasant person in game, but on these forums,
    you act incredibly rude, insulting, and nasty to other posters who disagree with you. A true hypocrite
    ladies and gentlemen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    The frequency at which I encounter his attitude in the actual game leads me to believe otherwise, it is echoed by a bunch of others in this very thread as well.
    You and I have never met in game, so how would you know?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    I didn't ask for rational or logical arguments, I was trying to make a point, dammit.
    Yes, because you're incapable of those, we get it. Your point is you're a tool. We get it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Lose rating, have people flame me for throwing? No, thanks. I'll play my other account.
    So you can do the very same thing to other people? Yes, that's very fair to those other players.

    Lmao, that won't happen. Playing a new account and only one character isn't something you can report people for.
    If you won't play with the team, you'd better believe it will.

  16. #10276
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Usual ramblings.
    The problem is you are deciding the game is about winning at all costs. Some people play for fun, and sure winning is fun, but I'd rather lose a close game than win a roll. No where in the game does it state you are required to do everything in your power to win. As with most video games the end for most users is to have fun, if someone decides playing as a single character and improving their play on that character is fun, then that's what they can do.

    I feel like losing because a player is playing a hero with whom their ability is far below their current SR will be a much larger and more obvious problem than making a new account and playing that hero. Sure, as a one-trick their may well be games in which you lose because of your refusal to switch, but this will be a much smaller problem.

    Also suggesting you can actually get good with a hero in QP is hilarious, QP games are even further from real games of Overwatch than plat ladder matches. That's probably the funniest thing you've ever said.

    Keep up the salt my dude.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    And yet it has been reported. Hell, I’ve been reported for 1 tricking because I wouldn’t change a damage hero. Nothing happened to me, but others have stated they got reported and had suspensions. I can’t prove that their suspension/ban was only for 1 tricking, but just the same you can’t disprove it.
    Bottom line, if I want to report someone for 1 tricking and spin it as poor teamwork/griefing then I absolutely can do that. It’s possible that if my entire team sides with me about it, or it happens over multiple games, then there could very well be action taken against it.
    Being reported and being actioned are two distinct things. Several one-tricks stating they've been actioned due to it have shown to be wrong, in particular was a case where a Masters or GM Torb one-trick (this was a year or more ago) made a shit storm on Reddit, and it was later found that in fact he was suspended for being an asshole, not for being a one-trick. So I'm gonna remain skeptical of anyone being actioned for one-tricking.

    Sure, you can report someone for one-tricking, but chances are it'll do nothing and it'll also demonstrate that you're an ass. Your fun is not more important than anyone elses. Reporting one-tricks is ThatsOurEric-level of reeing at your teammates and refusing to accept responsibility for losses, it's tragic.

  17. #10277
    Over 9000! Jinro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    9,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Without evidence you are correct; however, it is much easier to spin poor teamwork/griefing if asked to switch to help the team or from being hard countered and refusing to do so.
    Much like someone says something as light as “you need to work on your aim more” is opening themselves up for abusive chat reports.
    Before you misunderstand me, I’m not stating I agree with any of this, I’m just stating it is possible.
    Not really. I've refused to switch from anything I play as long as I've played unless I want to switch. I've yet to be banned for not switching. The only penalty I've ever gotten is for abusive chat because people mass reported me but they removed it after I appealed it because I hadn't actually said anything abusive.

  18. #10278
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    The problem is you are deciding the game is about winning at all costs. Some people play for fun, and sure winning is fun, but I'd rather lose a close game than win a roll.
    Okay.

    You won't find many who agree with that. Because you know, in Ranked, the whole point is to try
    to win and go up. If you don't care about that...there are other modes for you to play.

    No where in the game does it state you are required to do everything in your power to win.
    You're right, but common sense kind of demands that. As is every game that has a competitive mode.

    As with most video games the end for most users is to have fun, if someone decides playing as a single character and improving their play on that character is fun, then that's what they can do.
    Yes.

    Most people who are smart, tend to go Training Mode, then VS. A.I., then Quick Play,
    then when they're confident enough, go Ranked.

    Like I said, "smart" people.

    If you just want to have fun though...there's every other mode. Don't join a Ranked
    Mode if you aren't bringing your A game. Take that shit elsewhere.

    I feel like losing because a player is playing a hero with whom their ability is far below their current SR will be a much larger and more obvious problem than making a new account and playing that hero.
    Yeah but fuck those other players that have to deal with that fact huh? Long as it doesn't fuck YOU over.

    It's staggering that you don't see the problem with this.

    Sure, as a one-trick their may well be games in which you lose because of your refusal to switch, but this will be a much smaller problem.
    It isn't, nearly every player has complained about this.

    Also suggesting you can actually get good with a hero in QP is hilarious, QP games are even further from real games of Overwatch than plat ladder matches. That's probably the funniest thing you've ever said.
    You mean a mode where you can use your character to practice aiming, positioning, and other tactics
    without the penalty of losing SR and furthermore, without losing anything at all? My god, what a terrible
    idea! There's only one mode where you can practice characters in only! Everyone knows that!

    You've proven yet again, you are completely ignorant. How sad to be wrong all the time.

    Just talking trash, nothing to see here
    I've gone over this with you already, but as the saying goes, you can't fix stupid. Namely how stupid
    it is that you can't understand how belligerent you are (as expected of a hypocrite) as well as how
    poorly you understand the dynamic of teamplay and how it affects the game it's you know...the
    entirety of which it is designed for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Not really. I've refused to switch from anything I play as long as I've played unless I want to switch.
    Typical selfish behavior that ruins the game for everyone.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-07-16 at 05:26 AM.

  19. #10279
    This just reads like additions to the litany of mental gymnastics that people do to excuse their own failure and inability to climb.

    If I can make a new account and one trick bastion to diamond then that is where I deserve to play my one trick bastion, if I didn't deserve it then I would have placed lower.
    ---
    People don't seem to be aware that their skill is more accurately described as a rating range.

    You are a 2-2.5k player, you are a 3-3.2k player, you are a 4.1-4.3k player etc.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-07-16 at 06:42 AM.

  20. #10280
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    snip
    Keep being salty my dude. You reek of cognitive bias and zero brainpower, I remember why I stopped responding to you the first time now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    This just reads like additions to the litany of mental gymnastics that people do to excuse their own failure and inability to climb.

    If I can make a new account and one trick bastion to diamond then that is where I deserve to play my one trick bastion, if I didn't deserve it then I would have placed lower.
    ---
    People don't seem to be aware that their skill is more accurately described as a rating range.

    You are a 2-2.5k player, you are a 3-3.2k player, you are a 4.1-4.3k player etc.
    Dude, you need to play Bastion on your main, otherwise you're throwing, smurfing, cheating and just generally a horrible person. ThatsOurEric said so so it must be true. He knows what nearly every player thinks, and he knows what the smart people do. Listen to him, he's only stuck in silver because of his team.
    Last edited by Kharadin; 2019-07-16 at 09:49 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •