1. #10481
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Yeah but Reaper has 250 hp and self heals. Roadhog and DVA are basically health and ult batteries for Reaper.
    Yeah, no. I often kill reapers before they realize what's happening by right-clicking their head or if they're too close you can just body shoot with left-click and then finish them off with a hook shoot combo.

    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    You have to play really badly to fuck up the 1v1 matchup against roadhog.. Wraithform his chain and just farm him, you can even survive a hook if you are at full health or the roadhog messes it up.
    Uh, what? What roadhog would even hook if reaper is going to wraithwalk it? Are you the kind of roadhog who hooks first and before you've even done any damage in roadhog vs roadhog and dies to the roadhog shooting you after your hook and then hooking you himself and shooting you again?
    Last edited by Jinro; 2019-09-09 at 04:12 PM.

  2. #10482
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Yeah, no. I often kill reapers before they realize what's happening by right-clicking their head or if they're too close you can just body shoot with left-click and then finish them off with a hook shoot combo.



    Uh, what? What roadhog would even hook if reaper is going to wraithwalk it? Are you the kind of roadhog who hooks first and before you've even done any damage in roadhog vs roadhog and dies to the roadhog shooting you after your hook and then hooking you himself and shooting you again?
    I got a stroke trying to read your second reply..

  3. #10483
    Warchief Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    2,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Heffladin View Post
    I got a stroke trying to read your second reply..
    My God I thought I was the only one!

  4. #10484
    I can't tell, do you guys genuinely believe Reaper counters Roadhog? That's a somewhat telling position to take, given you have to make terrible fuck ups to lose to a Reaper.

  5. #10485
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    I can't tell, do you guys genuinely believe Reaper counters Roadhog? That's a somewhat telling position to take, given you have to make terrible fuck ups to lose to a Reaper.
    You mean the dude who can survive a hook/shot/melee combo and then heal back up to half with one shot from his passive and then near full health with the second?

    With teammates actually paying attention you're right, but in a one on one, I'd choose the reaper.

  6. #10486
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    You mean the dude who can survive a hook/shot/melee combo and then heal back up to half with one shot from his passive and then near full health with the second?

    With teammates actually paying attention you're right, but in a one on one, I'd choose the reaper.
    In a one on one between poor players, sure. Also the combo is shoot (L/R-MB depending on distance) hook, LMB, melee, which is an insta-kill. If the Reaper wraiths it after the first shot, he can't engage without feeding (unless he knows your team is bad and won't punish him, but that's sub-gold play so who cares?), so the job is done, really. If he doesn't wraith it he dies.

    Roadhog is literally a giant signpost that makes Reaper fuck off. As long as hook is off CD, a Reaper cannot engage and if he does he's literally just feeding.

  7. #10487
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    I can't tell, do you guys genuinely believe Reaper counters Roadhog? That's a somewhat telling position to take, given you have to make terrible fuck ups to lose to a Reaper.
    Roadhog has trouble if Reaper can get the jump on him or you aren't playing at higher MMRs (QP or Comp). But if you're against good hogs a lot of bumpkin auto-switchers tend to get ate up by his basic combos as reaper.

    Also with forced 2/2/2 the game is incredibly easier, but that makes sense since I haven't played enough to get my MMR even higher so I start playing with better DPS / Tanks on the other team. It's annoying having to basically not play Mercy and always having to play things like Moira or Baptiste so that I can actually win - so many maps or teams don't protect Mercy well.
    "Your name was stolen? I see... Well, I guess that happens from time to time..."


  8. #10488
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Roadhog has trouble if Reaper can get the jump on him
    If you're in a position such that Reaper can force a duel then you're out of position, but even then LMB, hook, LMB, melee is still an insta-kill, or you've forced the Reaper away. So other than being a sub par player there's little to no reason to lose to a Reaper.

    Also his footsteps are loud as fuck, how can he get the jump on anyone?

  9. #10489
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    In a one on one between poor players, sure. Also the combo is shoot (L/R-MB depending on distance) hook, LMB, melee, which is an insta-kill. If the Reaper wraiths it after the first shot, he can't engage without feeding (unless he knows your team is bad and won't punish him, but that's sub-gold play so who cares?), so the job is done, really. If he doesn't wraith it he dies.

    Roadhog is literally a giant signpost that makes Reaper fuck off. As long as hook is off CD, a Reaper cannot engage and if he does he's literally just feeding.
    Reaper is literally the bane of giant hitboxes. It's his freaking best matchup. It was what he was originally designed to deal with. He gets a large area to hit his spreading shotguns, heals up a ton. Like I said, if your team is being decent and will focus him, but if it's just you and Roadhog and your team is too stupid to focus the dude you have forced out of position, Reaper will win that fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    If you're in a position such that Reaper can force a duel then you're out of position, but even then LMB, hook, LMB, melee is still an insta-kill, or you've forced the Reaper away. So other than being a sub par player there's little to no reason to lose to a Reaper.

    Also his footsteps are loud as fuck, how can he get the jump on anyone?
    Where are you getting that first LMB. If you're starting that close all Reaper has to do is Left Mouse button back and he'll just farm you for ult charge because if you're getting good shots off chances are he is too but he's also healing at the same time.

  10. #10490
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    If you're in a position such that Reaper can force a duel then you're out of position, but even then LMB, hook, LMB, melee is still an insta-kill, or you've forced the Reaper away. So other than being a sub par player there's little to no reason to lose to a Reaper.

    Also his footsteps are loud as fuck, how can he get the jump on anyone?
    Or you're in a map with many flanks and you can't hope to cover them all with a crouching reaper, or you're distracted and currently focusing on protecting your teammates, or you're... You get the idea, you can't always look out for the reaper, you don't always land your combos (even if it is consistent), and fuck ups happen. And that's where Reaper shines is when he can abuse distractions, or hit you when he knows he is safe to just assblast you with hook on CD.

    This is like in TF2 where Pyro is clearly able to destroy spies, buuuuuuut a spy can still end up getting the jump on him when things are pretty hairy. Sure, future attempts tend to be way harder or you have a limited amount of attempts before the person learns your habits and just keeps an eye out, but sometimes in a game you only need that one or two moments to win.

    Basically what I'm saying is that paper =/= reality.
    "Your name was stolen? I see... Well, I guess that happens from time to time..."


  11. #10491
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Or you're in a map with many flanks and you can't hope to cover them all with a crouching reaper, or you're distracted and currently focusing on protecting your teammates, or you're... You get the idea, you can't always look out for the reaper, you don't always land your combos (even if it is consistent), and fuck ups happen. And that's where Reaper shines is when he can abuse distractions, or hit you when he knows he is safe to just assblast you with hook on CD.

    This is like in TF2 where Pyro is clearly able to destroy spies, buuuuuuut a spy can still end up getting the jump on him when things are pretty hairy. Sure, future attempts tend to be way harder or you have a limited amount of attempts before the person learns your habits and just keeps an eye out, but sometimes in a game you only need that one or two moments to win.

    Basically what I'm saying is that paper =/= reality.
    I feel like if you can only see 5 bad guys ahead of you, chances are you can spare glancing at possible flank routes to anticipate a Reaper or otherwise position to reduce any impact he could have. It's especially easy to not use your hook until he reveals himself.

  12. #10492
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    You mean the dude who can survive a hook/shot/melee
    That's not the combo, the combo is shoot-hook-shoot-melee.

  13. #10493
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Reaper is literally the bane of giant hitboxes. It's his freaking best matchup. It was what he was originally designed to deal with. He gets a large area to hit his spreading shotguns, heals up a ton. Like I said, if your team is being decent and will focus him, but if it's just you and Roadhog and your team is too stupid to focus the dude you have forced out of position, Reaper will win that fight.



    Where are you getting that first LMB. If you're starting that close all Reaper has to do is Left Mouse button back and he'll just farm you for ult charge because if you're getting good shots off chances are he is too but he's also healing at the same time.
    Yes, if we assume you're playing badly and your team are playing badly, Reaper does indeed win that match up, but who cares about discussing what bad players are doing? I'd definitely argue against any hero with a combo that can zero you not being your best match up.

    Notice where I said L/R-MB dependent of distance, you'd only LMB if Reaper wasn't focusing you but was otherwise very close. Just because Reaper performs well against tanks generally doesn't mean you can paint Road with the same brush, the fact is if a Roadhog is going out of his way to deal with a Reaper, he can and it's effective.

  14. #10494
    Stop forcing me to do battle against this flurry of misinformation.

    Reaper is hard countered by Roadhog, period.

    Roadhogs that hook a full HP Reaper deserve to stay plat and under, it is that simple, because you don't have to.

    1) You can always hear him coming
    2) You have better range and damage, I have seen GM Roadhogs right click - head shot - one shot Reapers into swapping.
    3) Reaper's hit box and head hit box are huge, huge.
    4) Shoot, hook, shoot/melee 100% kill every single time without exception
    5) Shoot x? because he can't walk up to you anyway

    I do not mean to condescend, but if you think Reaper counters Roadhog or that it is even a toss up you have exposed yourself as a low rank player and your opinion is, I'm sorry, of less worth.
    Last edited by Thirza; 2019-09-12 at 01:01 PM.

  15. #10495
    Yeah, I never really feared Reaper as Road Hog.

    If he gets the jump on me then yeah I'm in trouble more than most people since I can't shimmy out of his aim because of my fatass, but those things happen.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

  16. #10496
    You guys are honestly crazy. Hooking in Reaper puts him exactly where he wants to be. I also really like how the dude will concede that one on one Reaper could put the hurt on Roadhog but then starts talking like it's gonna be Reaper vs 3. You think Reaper isn't gonna get healing or assistance?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    Stop forcing me to do battle against this flurry of misinformation.

    Reaper is hard countered by Roadhog, period.

    Roadhogs that hook a full HP Reaper deserve to stay plat and under, it is that simple, because you don't have to.

    1) You can always hear him coming
    2) You have better range and damage, I have seen GM Roadhogs right click - head shot - one shot Reapers into swapping.
    3) Reaper's hit box and head hit box are huge, huge.
    4) Shoot, hook, shoot/melee 100% kill every single time without exception
    5) Shoot x? because he can't walk up to you anyway

    I do not mean to condescend, but if you think Reaper counters Roadhog or that it is even a toss up you have exposed yourself as a low rank player and your opinion is, I'm sorry, of less worth.
    Great, I never said I was high ranked but this'll be fun. What's your peak?

  17. #10497
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Great, I never said I was high ranked but this'll be fun. What's your peak?
    Ridiculously stupid and a waste of time you mean.

    I say 4400
    you say prove it
    I link you my account and bother to log in
    you say it is my friend and not me
    I get on an alt with similar SR
    you say it is purchased or boosted
    back where we started

    No thanks, been there done that multiple times.

    Also you have proven to not know what you're talking about:
    You guys are honestly crazy. Hooking in Reaper puts him exactly where he wants to be. I also really like how the dude will concede that one on one Reaper could put the hurt on Roadhog but then starts talking like it's gonna be Reaper vs 3. You think Reaper isn't gonna get healing or assistance?
    You sound like someone saying Widowmaker doesn't counter Pharah to anyone with game knowledge.

  18. #10498
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    You guys are honestly crazy. Hooking in Reaper puts him exactly where he wants to be.
    Do you understand that, as long as you're not terrible at the game, a hooked Reaper is a dead Reaper? He cannot fire between the stun beginning and the melee landing.

  19. #10499
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    Ridiculously stupid and a waste of time you mean.

    I say 4400
    you say prove it
    I link you my account and bother to log in
    you say it is my friend and not me
    I get on an alt with similar SR
    you say it is purchased or boosted
    back where we started

    No thanks, been there done that multiple times.

    Also you have proven to not know what you're talking about:


    You sound like someone saying Widowmaker doesn't counter Pharah to anyone with game knowledge.
    Tell me then. If Roadhog is such a good Reaper counter, why doesn't he see pro play where Reaper is running rampant. Could it be perhaps because Reaper counters him not the other way around?

    Also, sure buddy. Refuses to prove because he knows he's wrong.

    PS. Of course Widow counters Pharah. It's as obvious as Reaper countering Roadhog.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    Do you understand that, as long as you're not terrible at the game, a hooked Reaper is a dead Reaper? He cannot fire between the stun beginning and the melee landing.
    He can live although barely and then heal up massive amounts with his passive. He'll if he wants to be really good he could just wraithwalk the hook to begin with.

  20. #10500
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Tell me then. If Roadhog is such a good Reaper counter, why doesn't he see pro play where Reaper is running rampant. Could it be perhaps because Reaper counters him not the other way around?

    Also, sure buddy. Refuses to prove because he knows he's wrong.

    PS. Of course Widow counters Pharah. It's as obvious as Reaper countering Roadhog.
    Roadhog is not played because double shield is meta, Reaper and Doom are played because the response to double shield is to step over shields while using yours to provide safety until you can step over and engage.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    He can live although barely and then heal up massive amounts with his passive. He'll if he wants to be really good he could just wraithwalk the hook to begin with.
    Sorry, I qualified this with "unless you're terrible". The Reaper dies on the melee, this is not an ideal case, this is not even on average, this is literally every time the combo is performed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •