Thread: New Top gear

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    How long in advance do they film these? I mean, did they already have time to listen to the fallout of the shite that was the first episode? Probably not, they must at least do the remotes long before airing. Perhaps the studio part is closer to real time?

Anyways, it doesn't seem to work. The bits with the cars just have cars now, with some random annoying ginger in them. There's no Clarkson. The remotes just seemed like a bunch of random assholes doing a copy of Top Gear. It just doesn't feel right without Clarkson, Hammond and May.

Yeah... Nah. Two episodes was enough for me.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-06-06 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    How long in advance do they film these? I mean, did they already have time to listen to the fallout of the shite that was the first episode? Probably not, they must at least do the remotes long before airing. Perhaps the studio part is closer to real time?

Anyways, it doesn't seem to work. The bits with the cars just have cars now, with some random annoying ginger in them. There's no Clarkson. The remotes just seemed like a bunch of random assholes doing a copy of Top Gear. It just doesn't feel right with Clarkson, Hammond and May.

Yeah... Nah. Two episodes was enough for me.
    I dunno, but Old TG filmed the studio bits on the Wednesday before it was broadcast.

Deleted
    Already lost a 1/3rd of there audience share, down to 2.8m viewers from 4.4m last week.

If it continues like this we probably won't see it renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    The new top gear is awful. Friends dude is awkward and out of place, Chris Evans is a void of talent and humor.
    Last week I thought Matt LeBlanc seemed more like a Top Gear presenter than Evans. Chris Evans is just a terrible TV presenter; I guess all those years of radio have removed any ability to be expressive with anything other than his vocal cords.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Matt LeBlanc does have a certain ease about him but he's no tv presenter, resulting in a odd combination of awkward ease.

Chris Evans has always tried to be edgy and failed, he's no real replacement for the loveable Tory cunt that is Jeremy Clarkson.
    "Who's British, a presenter and likes cars?" "Chris Evans". "Fine, we'll take him".

"Who's American, is famous and likes cars?" "Jay Leno". "Can't afford him, need somebody else". "That bloke from Friends likes cars, doesn't he?" "book him".

Probably went something like that

Deleted
    Just lasted all of five minutes into episode two.

How did this shit get past test screening?
    It's beyond abysmal. Irritating, devoid of any charm and completely missing the point of what made top gear great in the first place.

BBC done killed the golden goose.

Matt Leblanc looks great with grey/silver hair

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Already lost a 1/3rd of there audience share, down to 2.8m viewers from 4.4m last week.

If it continues like this we probably won't see it renewed.
    I love the Chris Evans damage control on twitter "FACT Top Gear was the most watched show on blahblah" then this week is "Overnight ratings don't matter FACT"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    I love the Chris Evans damage control on twitter "FACT Top Gear was the most watched show on blahblah" then this week is "Overnight ratings don't matter FACT"
    Something about a river in Egypt something something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    Well he does have a point in that they get a lot of views on iPlayer, but that doesn't account for the fact that the numbers of what they pulled in during there premiere week,that being 4.4m is purely based on people who tuned in for the broadcast and doesn't account for people who watched it on catch up.

So either 1.6m people decided to watch it on iPlayer, or 1.6m decided not to tune in at all.

I save Le Blanc and , of course, Chris Harris that should've been hosting the show not relegated into Extra Gear.

Chris Evans is irritating. He has a good narrative imho, but shouldn't mimic Clarkson. If Evans drop some of the childish and stop trying so hard to look funny at all costs, we might actually have 2 good shows each week.

Untill then it's a 5/10 for me, and that's only because i think LeBlanc fits the show well and because is worth to wait for Harris' cars reviews, when he's not stuck on racing at Nurburgring of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ohdearuk View Post
    I thought it was awesome...I am just glad it's back! This country is so goddamn weird...we tried to kick Clarkson et al off so many times for political correctness (and not just Clarkson), and when we finally do it (for pretty good reason) we now hate what the result is so I have no idea what the hell is wrong with us.

It wasn't Clarkson, Hammond, May good, but it was damn entertaining!

Sabine is an amazing addition too!
    That "no politically correct" side of Top Gear made it a planetary success. We in Italy got bashed a lot of times by Clarkson, yet, w didn't care, we wanted more.

What do we (yes i use a "we" because all Italian top gear fans are basically unanimously agree)think about the new show?

- RUBBISH -

Deleted
    By the way, it's still on the front page, but just in case people are missing it, this is the thread for the real "new Top Gear", with Clarkson, Hammond and May:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...The-Grand-Tour

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohdearuk View Post
    I thought it was awesome...I am just glad it's back! This country is so goddamn weird...we tried to kick Clarkson et al off so many times for political correctness (and not just Clarkson), and when we finally do it (for pretty good reason) we now hate what the result is so I have no idea what the hell is wrong with us.

It wasn't Clarkson, Hammond, May good, but it was damn entertaining!

Sabine is an amazing addition too!
    No one tried to kick Clarkson off to be politically correct, he got threatened to be kicked off the show numerous times for being a dick. But being a dick is the reason that most loved him, but eventually even his dickery went too far for the BBC. I don't think many people were happy when Clarkson was axed, but a lot of people had seen it coming a mile away, its only a matter of time with a personality like his.

Maybe you wanted Clarkson gone, but most didn't, even if they do understand the reason that he had to go. Clarkson, May and Hammond were Top Gear, and will continue to be so in the Grand Tour, this is just some cheap knock off so the BBC can grasp the last bits of cash from there former prize cash cow.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was Shyte - 'nuff said....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...t-chris-evans/

Looks like if Evans doesn't go, LeBlanc will. Sounds like there is a massive tiff going on behind the scenes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...t-chris-evans/

Looks like if Evans doesn't go, LeBlanc will. Sounds like there is a massive tiff going on behind the scenes.

Aahahahahaha!
    The American presenter, 48, is said to be concerned about Evans’s rudeness towards other members of the team
    Hilarious!
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-06-26 at 03:16 PM.

Deleted
    He's trying to act like Clarkson without realising that Clarkson was actually friends, and a very good argument could be made for best friends, with his co-presenters.

Funny to watch.

I knew this shit would tank and it makes me laugh it didnt even make it past 6 episodes LOL

Seriously the BBC needs to either bring back the boys or just conisgn Top gear to history and start a new motoring show one that doesnt ape the format that Jeremy Clarkson invented.

This new show was always doomed to fail it had that twat Chris Evans who nobody liked but tried to desperately to act like Jeremy Clarkson and non of the other presenters had the same chemistry that JC, May and Hammond did.

THe chemistry between those 3 was just golden so much so that even non car fans could watch and get a good laugh even thought the later episodes was so obviously scripted it was still a joy to watch those 3 clowns play off each other. That was something that the new show was never gonna replicate just like the US version of Top Gear which too got the axe!

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    And no tears were shed on this day