Deleted

A few reasons to NOT buy the new DooM at full price...

THIS IS ONLY DERIVED FROM SINGLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE, SO KEEP THAT IN MIND.

1) On a computer that is about half as powerful as "Recomended" for the game Graphics Cards wise and way more powerful in CPU and RAM, it runs like ass and barely keep 60 even with everything on low (using a 750 TI).

2) The checkpoints are really oddly placed for a open-map design in several levels.

3) Game hardcrashed computer 7 hours into campaign, corrupted savegame even tho I was no where near a checkpoint and had not done any changes to my weapons or character that trigger the "minisave" if you wanna call it that.

4) YOU CANNOT SKIP ANY CUTSCENES.

5) If your savegame corrupts, everything you unlocked in it (provided you did not finnish the entire campaign atleast) goes away from your menus, including things normally viewable from main menu that is unlocked.

6) Exiting the game to desktop changes baseline Windows Disply Contrast on NVidia cards. This happens with other games when ENTERING them, this does it on both entering and exiting.

7) Tons of triggers that involve moving things can glitch out (and does so annoyingly frequently) to the point where you need to reload the last checkpoint, which can be a shedload of repeating away in some instances.

8) Found several glitches near secret areas where you try to jump to them, get stuck against something, and fall infinitely without being able to move, only option is to reload checkpoint/level.

The most grueling issue I have with it is the inability to skip cutscenes and the fact that the savegame can corrupt like that without making automatic backups or even having on option for it. That is simply and utterly incompetent design for a game that eats so much power from your computer. Ontop of that, these issues have had about a bloody month to be patched out, but nope. I refuse to replay 7 hours of a 11-16 hour campaign whereby I will need to do a shedload of "fun once - beyond tedious twice" exploring to get back to same powerlevel as my last save was, espescially since you cannot change save difficulty once the profile has been made. So, that's 60€ literally down the drain. Tried the multiplayer for 5 minutes... Yeah no, not worth it for that either IMHO.

I tried the beta, and saw that they pretty much ruined Doom by fusing it with Call of Duty. That was all I needed to know to stay the hell away. I'm not hating on CoD. I have the last several CoD games. I'm hating on cheap imitations. I was looking into Doom because I wanted a Doom experience. If I want CoD, I have it already.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are saying a brand new game has some bugs? You don't say!!!!

Also, there is a thread about it in the video games section.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please use the Doom megathread in our Video Games Discussion forum.