Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Losing team shouldn't get POTG

You lost. Just because you managed to kill a few people at once during the match doesn't mean you affected the outcome. You still lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Even though they lost they could have still had someone make the best play in the game, it would be ridiculous if only the winning team could get it.

One or a few good plays won't instantly win you the game, but even if you lose it doesn't mean that everyone on your side was just shit.
    You could be the best player in the world and make sick plays, but if your team doesn't work together you still lose, that doesn't however, change the fact that you made those sick plays.
    Last edited by Fenryn; 2016-05-31 at 09:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet, it was still a better play than anyone on the winning team performed.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

They made a good play, and got Play of the Game. I don't see what winning has to do with it. Very simple stuff. You're just salty.

Whether they won or not shouldn't matter. Just because they lost didn'tmean they didn't play good

10+ Year Old Account
    Play of the Game is irrelevant to whoever won the game. You can lose and still put up a good fight.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It's play of the game, not play of the winner. A person who tries to put the team on their back should get credit for it, even if the rest of the team sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere
    You lost. Just because you managed to kill a few people at once during the match doesn't mean you affected the outcome. You still lost.
    And yet POTG isn't about winning, its about the individually best play in the game. Highlight reel goals and saves still make sports broadcasts even when the team ended up losing.

You either didn't think this one through or your saltiness is making you a moron.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-05-31 at 10:00 PM. Reason: wrong quote
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Don't think Play of the Game should be directly connected to winning, either. While the metrics need refinement, even a losing team should be able to get the PotG. Imagine a nail-biter game where a really strong offensive squad fails to take a defense point held by 3 Bastions, 2 McCrees, and a Mercy hiding in the wings. Lots of great plays for the offense, but the winning defense gets a PotG that just shows a Bastion mowing down a single stunned person randomly because the losing team can't get PotG.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Get rid of the whole thing. It's absolutely pointless. Wastes time and that's all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    And yet POTG isn't about winning, its about the individually best play in the game. Highlight reel goals and saves still make sports broadcasts even when the team ended up losing.

You either didn't think this one through or your saltiness is making you a moron.
    uhh... that person is agreeing with you >_> saying that play of the game isnt about winning...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Ya yesterday we capped Point ( A ), which I died helping to cap. I was playing Genji, as soon as I Rez I ran zipped through the doors and ran to Point ( B ), which was half way across the map. Well our enemy didn't see me get past them and they were focusing a choke point in which a Bastion killed 3 maybe 4 of our guys with his Ultimate, which won him play of the game.

Problem was while he was doing that I was solo capping Point ( B ), and they lost the game, and I was never touched. So I find the Play of the game basically of no value at times. They played stupidly not defending their objective half way across the map while I snuck past them and Solo Capped a point not taking any damage..... You should not get play of the game when that play made them lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen so many losing Reapers/Junkrats get POTG when their team is getting steamrolled. Great, you managed to kill a couple people. Here's your special award.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

im not sure if it was soccer or some other sport, but Player of the Game was up for grabs by all participating players on both sides. play of the game is more of a "sick move of the game" rather than "play of the game which makes us win"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    uhh... that person is agreeing with you >_> saying that play of the game isnt about winning...
    yeah the wrong quote ended up in there, i was responding to the OP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I've seen so many losing Reapers/Junkrats get POTG when their team is getting steamrolled. Great, you managed to kill a couple people. Here's your special award.
    Yeah, that award is having made the best play of the game and getting a highlight reel. This thread reeks of you thinking you made a better play and being salty that you actually didn't.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

You won. Just because you managed to kill a few people at once during the match doesn't mean you affected the outcome.

Damn that's a bit too easy to switch around.

This logic is harmful to my brain.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

10+ Year Old Account
    POTG does not have to mean anything anyway. It can be a Genji that get lucky and kill 4 ppl in a row with ult but did nothing else to help the team (playing the objective)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    yeah the wrong quote ended up in there, i was responding to the OP

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that award is having made the best play of the game and getting a highlight reel. This thread reeks of you thinking you made a better play and being salty that you actually didn't.
    pretty much this .. this thread just screams *i'm salty*

So, yet another senseless topic on mmo-c? Got it.

I guess we shouldn't have best players awards for non-champion\winner players on any football league\tournament\cup\etc?