Exclamation Legion Beta - Ret Theorycrafting Threads/Websites

So it seems that all the old resources for Ret has dried up I've been on the beta now for a couple of days...and I don't see ANYTHING on possible builds or what talents will be optimal on rais or dungeons...just scattered info here and there.

I know this is a beta and things are changing but for a long time now our resources have been dying out...anyone know where I or we can find soild resources on Add-ons, Mods, news etc? Trying to prepare to hit it hardcore with the guild and need to really plan out. 10 year player here just reaching out!

Thanks in advance for your help or suggestions!

7+ Year Old Account
    This place is probably your best source TBH.

Anyway, don't worry too much about which talents etc are best: things are still very much in flux after all, so what's best this build is not necessarily what's best next build. If you want a simple idea for the present, just pick all the left-hand talents. SimCraft etc will be along in time for when Legion and its pre-patch stuff goes live.

Deleted
    I keep things as up to date as I dare on my Youtube channel. Got a link in my signature.

stat prio is Mastery >haste or crit please ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuka69 View Post
    stat prio is Mastery >haste or crit please ?
    Currently its Crit > Haste > Vers > Mastery.
    Last edited by mmoca528ff7a76; 2016-06-12 at 02:53 PM.

Can anyone share what they feel is the best talent set up ive hit max level and now im seeing extreme damaeg drop off

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    I keep things as up to date as I dare on my Youtube channel. Got a link in my signature.
    Fantastic videos, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwayne84 View Post
    So now Mastery is our worst stat. Rubber band right in the eye!

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    So now Mastery is our worst stat. Rubber band right in the eye!
    Turns out that's what happens when it's roughly equivalent to the other stats single-target and not particularly competitive on AoE, and then they change it to be weaker by tuning down the spec multiplier for mastery, the artifact traits for finishers, and the finishers themselves. Go figure. Hopefully they'll fix that before it goes live.

Deleted
    Oh boy my trusty gearz gonna hit the vendor quite fast lewl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwayne84 View Post
    Crit? Even if you use Blade of Wrath?
    I know, tuning could change everything but.. I hope this is a joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loewenherz View Post
    Crit? Even if you use Blade of Wrath?
    I know, tuning could change everything but.. I hope this is a joke.
    Why do you think its a joke? It makes sense to me. Between crit and haste. But haste's value depends more on latency, so it makes sense that crit is highly valued as it represents a damage increase across the board. I imagine some haste will be good just so you can get one more global on that judgement window, but there will be soft cap values.
    Versatility is always underbudget cause of the defensive aspect of it. Mastery is only good for single target pretty much.

Deleted
    I don't like crit that much because I personally think it is a very boring stat and the interaction between crit and our specc mechanics is.. mh.. limited? Haste reduces our cooldowns and therefore affects our gameplay. Then they introduced the new mastery and built us around the Judgement window and now that should be our weakest stat because of their stupid "just ST stat" bullshit?
    That doesn't make sense to me, if crit will be our strongest stat in the end. That would be just one more big fail in the whole redesign.
    If there are stats that interact with our gameplay those should be stronger. If crit would reduce our remaining cd of whatever or grants more Holy Power I would be okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Why do you think its a joke? It makes sense to me. Between crit and haste. But haste's value depends more on latency, so it makes sense that crit is highly valued as it represents a damage increase across the board. I imagine some haste will be good just so you can get one more global on that judgement window, but there will be soft cap values.
    Versatility is always underbudget cause of the defensive aspect of it. Mastery is only good for single target pretty much.
    In general the stats (with the exception of mastery, which is probably undertuned) seem like they should be relatively close to each other in value; there's not much in our kit that should make any one of them massively better than the others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Found View Post
    In general the stats (with the exception of mastery, which is probably undertuned) seem like they should be relatively close to each other in value; there's not much in our kit that should make any one of them massively better than the others.
    Who said massively? I don't see the point of your post. It's stat balances and scaling. Their relative worth increases with gear values.

The point is that crit is probably not actually significantly (in the statistical sense) more highly valued than haste, with the possible exception of Virtue's Blade builds. Given the lack of interaction with either stat in our kit, differences between the two seem likely to be small enough to possibly be noise and which we prefer seems likely to bounce around throughout the expansion depending on how much of each we have.

For what it's worth the amount of haste required to get more mastery-affected abilities into Judgment is pretty high, so given the stat scaling changes we're probably unlikely to hit it. Hopefully that will mean haste is less breakpoint-y, but given that haste will still let us get more GCDs into wings we probably won't ever fully escape from haste breakpoints.