Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The son clearly deserves a lot more time in jail. Not sure how much, but 6 months is beyond light. The dad is an idiot, but it's probably one of those "gotta defend the family" type of things. Still fucked up in this type of situation though. What comes to the guy after jail will at least be fair though, he will have an extremely difficult time finding a job, a place to live, and his reputation is forever ruined.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can blame the father for this (and his mother? Bad parenting is shared among all parents), and you wouldn't be completely in the wrong; but Brock Turner is a legal adult, and whether he was taught the difference between right and wrong is immaterial - he is responsible for his own actions.

The fact that he clearly shows no remorse - other than remorse for getting caught - is fucking chilling.

I can't imagine the guys he's going to run into in prison - even while in protective custody - are going to show any remorse either.

What a pity.

It is 2016 do people still not know that you should control your booze, and don't get so drunk that you fucking black out and can't remember anything?

I am not saying this guy is not at fault. He was probably drunk too, and also can't control himself when he drinks.

But then again - she admits that she called her boyfriend and talked to him, while she can't remember it.
    She could've said anything to this moron swimmer guy too. She could've walked out on the street and get hit by a car.

Control your booze. Don't get that drunk, it is not hard. Better don't drink at all. You are a woman after all, and it is disgusting to see a drunk woman.

In the end you have two people, that got drunk and stupid.
    The girl getting so drunk she couldn't control herself and remember shit.
    The guy - so that he decided it is ok to touch her lady parts while she is out.

Now the girl is traumatized for life and raped.
    And the guy will work as a garbage handler for the rest of his life, while being a sex offender.

And all of that because people can't handle their booze.
    And feel the strange need to drink alcohol, which is not even that fun.

I mean drinking to blacking out...what are you 13 years old?

Deleted
    Control your booze. Don't get that drunk, it is not hard. Better don't drink at all. You are a woman after all, and it is disgusting to see a drunk woman.
    How much I laughed at your post. Clearly drunk women are the problem in rape situations. I guess simply not raping anyone, whether she's sober or piss drunk is too hard.

SO she drank too much after a long time and got too drunk, it happens. It has absolutely nothing to do with getting raped though. She fell of a stair and died? Her fault. She got ran over by a car and died? Her fault. She tripped over a turtle and caused the end of the world? Her fault.

Being drunk and getting raped? Not quite her fault.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    It is 2016 do people still not know that you should control your booze, and don't get so drunk that you fucking black out and can't remember anything?

I am not saying this guy is not at fault. He was probably drunk too, and also can't control himself when he drinks.
    You know, it's funny. I've been really drunk before but never had the slightest inclination to go around getting all rapey. Alcohol is an excuse, not a root cause. It doesn't make you do anything you don't already want to do. Let's break it down:

"In the end you have two people, that got drunk and stupid." Not illegal. Also, there were a bunch of drunk people. It was a party. Thankfully, few of them attempted rape/were raped.
    "The girl getting so drunk she couldn't control herself and remember shit." Also not illegal. Unwise, but not an invitation for assault.
    "The guy - so that he decided it is ok to touch her lady parts while she is out." And here's where it becomes sexual assault. Safe bet it would have gone full blown rape if the Swedes hadn't shown up. Drunk or not, he knew what he was doing was wrong, or he wouldn't have tried to run.

"You are a woman after all, and it is disgusting to see a drunk woman." And how do you feel about drunk men? Just curious if we're working a double standard tonight or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    You know, it's funny. I've been really drunk before but never had the slightest inclination to go around getting all rapey. Alcohol is an excuse, not a root cause. It doesn't make you do anything you don't already want to do. Let's break it down:

"In the end you have two people, that got drunk and stupid." Not illegal. Also, there were a bunch of drunk people. It was a party. Thankfully, few of them attempted rape/were raped.
    "The girl getting so drunk she couldn't control herself and remember shit." Also not illegal. Unwise, but not an invitation for assault.
    "The guy - so that he decided it is ok to touch her lady parts while she is out." And here's where it becomes sexual assault. Safe bet it would have gone full blown rape if the Swedes hadn't shown up. Drunk or not, he knew what he was doing was wrong, or he wouldn't have tried to run.

"You are a woman after all, and it is disgusting to see a drunk woman." And how do you feel about drunk men? Just curious if we're working a double standard tonight or not.
    I am in no way saying that raping a drunk person (don't see a difference between a man or a woman, rape is rape) is any better than raping a sober one.
    As I am not saying that raping someone while being drunk is less of your fault, than doing that sober.

However if someone can get drunk so that he/she doesn't remember what the fuck happenned to this he/she is possible - it is also possible to do stuff that you won't do sober. Even if it is illegal to do such stuff.
    I have been doing drugs heavily at some point of my life, and I have done things, that I would've never done while not high. Luckily for me - those things were harmless and stupid, and the only person that I was endangering was myself. As well as even high as a kite I still could understand what am I doing, and stop when things started getting out of hand.
    However I have seen people completely lose themselves, and go apeshit crazy while high or drunk. Completely sane, well behaved good girls and boys turning into wicked crazy animals, running around naked, swearing, shouting..crazy stuff.
    I have seen people get overly agressive the way they would never get sober. Agressive to the way we had to actually restrain them till they sober up.

So drugs and alcohol do change your personality. And in some people more than in others.

And coming back to the rapey thing.

Being drunk doesn't make it ok to rape you.
    However getting blackout drunk in a place where you know noone, increases risk of bad stuff happenning to you greatly. If you're lucky - people just paint dicks on your face and post it on facebook. If you're not - you might have bigger issues. From smaller stuff like someone taking your phone to worse.

And while it doesn't mean that the people that took advantage of you shall not be punished for your actions - part of the blame is on you.

If you control yourself and think before you do something - you can avoid a lot of bad stuff.

As far as drunk women go - I am old fashioned. There are things that I find to be worse with women than with men. I don't like drunk people, but I find drunk women to be worse than drunk men. Just because I have higher expectations towards a woman over her morale.

On the other hand if I see someone getting beat up on the street, and a woman just calls for help and doesn't interfere physically - I find it ok.
    While if a man does that - I'd find him a coward and not a very good person.

I know that it is kinda not cool in our gender fluid times, but I was raised in a different manner, so what can I do.

STANFORD, CA (WCMH) – A group of witches unsatisfied with the sentence of former Stanford swimmer Brock Turner gathered Tuesday for a mass ‘hexing.’

The organizer invited more than a thousand people to gather at home altars and recite the following:

Brock Allen Turner we hex you.
    You will be impotent
    You will know constant pain of pine needles in your guts
    Food will bring you no sustenance
    In water, your lungs will fail you
    Sleep will only bring nightmares
    Shame will be your mantle.
    You will meet justice.

My witchcraft is strong. Our witchcraft is powerful. The spell will work. So Mote it be.
    MORE: Columbus venues cancel indie band’s shows after drummer writes letter supporting Brock Turner

Brock Turner, 20, who is from the Dayton, Ohio area, was sentenced last week to six months in jail and three years’ probation for sexually assaulting an unconscious woman, sparking outrage from critics who say Santa Clara County Judge Aaron Persky was too lenient on a privileged athlete from a top-tier swimming program.

Some involved in the hexing event hope the tactic will regularly be used against men who rape women.

The hexing was scheduled to take place Tuesday evening.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/06/08/witches-...-brock-turner/

lol

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    I cannot understand after the outrage and the nearly unanimous public display of complete hate for this rapist that anyone can still pretend there is a pervasive rape culture on the west, much less make the claim with a straight face.

But there is a culture from the people who are the elite. Who come from the expensive schools, who make friends with other elites in positions of power, who toy with our government, our laws, our regulations, our damned lives and have us shriek and stab at each other in the name of identity politics while they mock us giving 6 month sentences to a rapist because he is too precious as the child of an elite to be given more and damage his life meanwhile his victim has been scarred for years to come and maybe even more if she is not able to overcome the trauma.

This isn't white privilege. This isn't male privilege. This case did not happen to the average joe who works 9 to 5 and got shitfaced at a party. The average joe would be in prison. His life as a non-elite being dismissed by the judge as worthy of being damaged. This is the elitism that has dominated this country, hell the world, for more years than we can even recognize at this point for being acclimated to it, and now they've managed to twist the issue and have us again, neighbor against neighbor, talking about widespread sexism or racism or privileges or anything but them.

The enemy is not the man or woman beside you, it's not the white or black or asian beside you. It's been over your heads pulling the strings all this time. Good god when are you going to finally look up! We have many issues to fix with our society, we are not perfect by any means, but they will never be fixed until we hold our 'leaders' accountable for their actions first, their abuse and mistreatment of the people they are supposed to safeguard and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    he is a victim of his own actions
    if you can't understand that there is something wrong with who you are as a human

the judge takes in to account how much he has suffered and the likelihood of him reoffending

prison time is not the only way he is being punished
    What a load of horseshit. He's not the victim in this rape. He's being punished because he's the perpetrator. He's not the injured party. Being punished for a crime you commit doesn't make you a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I believe in rehabilitation, but what makes you think this young man has been rehabilitated? Because he cries on TV? Because his father tried to do damage control, while wanting us to believe his son is also a victim?
    Question. What cross does he have to bear to be forgiven? I expect your question to change to "Because he went to jail?" after he goes through his sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you can't understand that there is something wrong with who you are as a human

the judge takes in to account how much he has suffered and the likelihood of him reoffending

Consequences for ones actions does not make someone a victim.

First step to forgiveness is admitting that you did something wrong (not denying it), imo
    And then? Because you give me the impression that any admission of guilt by him now, or possibly at the start of this, would be brushed off by you as an attempt for sympathy.

if he can't remember what he did because of alcohol? should he lie about it?
    Admitting you did something doesn't require you to remember it. If you sprained an ankle while black out drunk, you're not lying about spraining your ankle while drunk if you admit that you sprained your ankle while drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by maunazero View Post
    Maybe she should understand that every guy is supposed to rape her and be prepared? Is that what you are saying? That every female be prepared to be raped if they go out and have a good time? If they get drunk and go get 3 times past the legal limit that there is no way she could say, with consent, yes or no. She would be shitfaced. If women grow up scared of men, you create future victims. If women think all men are after them, you create prey. If women think all men will attack them because they exist, you have created a creature that has fear to be assertive to any man, even in defense or just to say no to an order of breadsticks. Yes women like this exist, I know one personally. It took her 16 years to gain the strength to stand up for herself and leave.

Before you suggest that women think, "it can't happen to me" ask yourself how many of those women you "protected" were abused growing up or raped. Don't ever tell a victim how she should have done something different. You will never know the shame that society puts on women and men who are raped. I hope you never find out. It is enough to know you are so weak that someone can over power you, then to find out other people think you are weak because you "let" it happen. Don't ever assume you know the extent of what happened. It will always be with her. Always. It morphs you, changes you, changes your relationships.

My apologies for voicing my opinion to harshly if it came across that way. Nerve struck.
    You're misinterpreting my stance completely. I am not saying women should acknowledge they are entitled to being raped. What I am saying is we have no control over the people who carry out these crimes. Can you tell which men have urges to rape? Twist it any way you like, but rape is a serious act that can happen to any women at any point. No one ever said women deserve to be put through it. So if you don't think we can prevent rape by preparing women to drink responsibly, have a "buddy" system, etc. What else do you propose? How do you plan on spotting out future rapists before they act on it?

Where's his letter to his victim? Where did he claim responsibility for his actions that night? Where did he apologize to her? Reading this young mans statements, one after the other, after other, is just him denying what he did and saying he wouldn't do anything against anyone's will. He then goes on to blame partying, drinking and peer pressure for his actions that night.

He's basically pointing the fingers at everyone/everything else, besides himself. That's not someone that is one the path to rehabilitation, and not someone to be forgiven.
    I'm just seeing what he needs to do. And whether or not you'd actually forgive him if he did those things.

Please remember, I'm from a country where people will still call you a rapist with zero proof and a not guilty verdict.

So when you defended Zimmerman in the past why wasn't a Trayvon Martim ''victim'' of his own (zimmermans) actions?

If their is something wrong as a human here then it's you justifying the lack of punishment for a rapist.

Would you also be saying the whole ''he ruined his own future now, it's punishment enough'' when it was a black guy doing that towards a women?

Given your past statements about Zimmerman my guess is NO

He, as the assailant and "victim of his own actions" (don't agree with you there), couldn't even admit to what he did. That's a person who's suffered and won't reoffend? That's rehabilitation?

I don't think so. A person that sees the wrong in what he or she has done, admits to it and tries to better themselves. He hasn't done that. He's traumatized because he got caught and is facing the consequences of that.
    Your comment makes me feel the little shit deserved more than he got. Had he actually acknowledged what he did and apologized, it might of helped this poor girl start to heal and I think then the punishment would have been fair. I hope they are f*ck'n in whatever prison he goes to.

Is there anywhere with an unbiased account on this story? I'm apparently out of the loop and every MSM article I read on it has the writers opinion thrown in.

that line of thinking is insane..... why would he apologize for something that may of never happened something that he can't remember something that was not premeditated

you must not like justice how about you go look up "False confession" and "Internalized false confessions"
    the way you are acting is horrible

- - - Updated - - -

both of them are victims

what is hard to understand about that?

do you SJW kids even use the dictionary anymore or just pull definitions out of your ass based on feelings?
    It's like you didn't even read what happened in the case. You're not a victim of a crime if you're the one committing that crime. There wasn't some third party that dragged him back there and forced him to assault her.

Edit: BTW, you're the one trying to expand the definition of victim to include the perpetrator.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2016-06-09 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Is there anywhere with an unbiased account on this story? I'm apparently out of the loop and every MSM article I read on it has the writers opinion thrown in.
    It's kind of hard to bias, "He was scared off while sexually assaulting an unconsious girl he dragged behind a dumpster."

- - - Updated - - -

you won't find one =P
    the Judge had all the unbiased information and made a decision just support his decision
    Yes, all the unbiased information, like he was an athlete who had a promising life ahead of him and jail would have a detrimental effect on him.