Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Demon Blades since the change...

Has it just gotten weaker than ever? Especially being in the same tier with prepared and to a lesser and perhaps more pvp skewed degree demonic appetite...just both blow it out of the water?

Have they fixed the problem where you don't need a swing timer to use it efficiently?

I hope they remove it.

It actually got a lot stronger; you can now bank up the procs that would have occurred on the GCD, meaning you double-proc and get a ton of fury when you're off GCD to get right back on it. Makes it super burst-y now and removed the need for swing and GCD timers.

Is it still boring? Don't fancy auto attacking 24/7 because I'm forced to put out the most DPS.

It's exactly like warriors. If you don't like warriors, you won't like it. If you do, you'll like it... it's honestly not anything new in the game.

If I wanted to play a warrior.. I'd main that class instead of a Demon Hunter. What happened to making the classes feel different?

It's a *choice*. You're not restricted or bound to it. If you don't like it, pick another choice on that tier.

That being said, even when it's BiT you won't notice it because it'll be BiT because you'll crit so much yu won't need to stop using chaos strike except maybe once or twice in a bad streak, so it just removes DBite from your bar.

Still kinda upsetting though.

Hope it ends up being tuned to be strictly worse. I don't see how replacing half your core rotation with afk in front of boss as fun.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelGrazza View Post
    Still kinda upsetting though.
    Why on earth would it be upsetting that Blizzard is offering a different playstyle choice for people who don't enjoy Demon's Bite spam?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Why on earth would it be upsetting that Blizzard is offering a different playstyle choice for people who don't enjoy Demon's Bite spam?
    If spamming abilities bothers you, then DH may not be a good playstyle fit for you. I'm not being snarky; It's just the nature of the class.

Demon's Blades essentially trades DB+CS spam for CS spam. Personally, I like using DB to break things up a bit. But, with the buff to Demon Blades, there won't be any "choice" in what talent to take in that tier. With limited testing, I believe it to be superior now. And it's only going to get much better due to it's scaling potential.

This is the problem with offering drastically different playsytle choices. It has to be done right. Choices have to be balanced with now and later in mind. Or there ends up not being a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    If spamming abilities bothers you, then DH may not be a good playstyle fit for you. I'm not being snarky; It's just the nature of the class.

Demon's Blades essentially trades DB+CS spam for CS spam. Personally, I like using DB to break things up a bit. But, with the buff to Demon Blades, there won't be any "choice" in what talent to take in that tier. With limited testing, I believe it to be superior now. And it's only going to get much better due to it's scaling potential.

This is the problem with offering drastically different playsytle choices. It has to be done right. Choices have to be balanced with now and later in mind. Or there ends up not being a choice.
    It's not. Prepared is still better, even after the nerf, and DA beats everything on a demon fight.

Dblades will be BiT only when you have so much crit that you will only be casting CS anyway, and only because if you have no fury you'd get 40-50 fury on your next AA to start it again. It becomes BiT because of a problem with CHAOS STRIKE, not Dblades.

As a no idea "i've only just got into beta" noob Demon hunter, what does BiT refer to? see you referring to BiT multiple times in this thread, can't see any talent that matches that acronym.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    As a no idea "i've only just got into beta" noob Demon hunter, what does BiT refer to? see you referring to BiT multiple times in this thread, can't see any talent that matches that acronym.
    Best In Tier.

Sorry. I do that >.>

Just remove it. It's a terrible talent that only makes the class even more simplistic than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Maybe try a class that isn't agility-based and has two weapons with which it's supposed to strike you hard and fast with? Maybe don't ruin the class for people who like pressing Demon's Bite? Can't imagine the day this garbage talent becomes the best in its tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Best In Tier.

Sorry. I do that >.>
    Ah cool cool, its fine. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    Just remove it. It's a terrible talent that only makes the class even more simplistic than it already is.
    I've wanted it removed for so long now. Why they're so adamant on keeping this talent is a mystery to me. The class is so simple and easy to learn why add something that removes even more abilities? It's like they're trying to make the class as simple as a moba character from Hots or LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    I've wanted it removed for so long now. Why they're so adamant on keeping this talent is a mystery to me. The class is so simple and easy to learn why add something that removes even more abilities? It's like they're trying to make the class as simple as a moba character from Hots or LoL.
    People defend it because of le epic rage mechanic which makes no sense because if you want to play a damn warrior, then go roll a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    People defend it because of le epic rage mechanic which makes no sense because if you want to play a damn warrior, then go roll a warrior.
    couldn't agree more with you. Too bad the devs don't feel the same way, in fact I'm pretty sure they are the complete opposite since that talent has had no major changes since it's introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    couldn't agree more with you. Too bad the devs don't feel the same way, in fact I'm pretty sure they are the complete opposite since that talent has had no major changes since it's introduction.
    It's been mechanically changed with most patches, in point of fact.