Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Hero League Placement - Season 1

We are currently in the unique situation of having a ranked overhaul along with a soft MMR reset. This presents an opportunity for stat gathering! Having enough people post their ranks could give us an idea of how the new system compares to the old one.

Highest Pre-season Rank:
    Last Pre-season Rank:
    Rank After Placement:
    Placement Win/Loss (eg 6-4):
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2016-09-13 at 08:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will wait out the HL rush for now I think.
    Reddit and some streamers been getting in alot of crappy matches so far :P

Will play some unranked draft first, also to avoid first picks Medivhs in ranked ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muis View Post
    Will wait out the HL rush for now I think.
    Reddit and some streamers been getting in alot of crappy matches so far :P

Will play some unranked draft first, also to avoid first picks Medivhs in ranked ^.^
    I agree i had won only two matches, while rest 4 failures. Yeah i am not perfect player, but for the cosmos sake russians make it really hard. I am not ksenofobic but when i mostly play PvP, i got in team russians seriously.

And so worse, second lost match i got russian afker who picked Artanis so...

Idk if i want still get plat for mount. ;/

10+ Year Old Account
    Won 7 out of 8 games so far. The guy I met today managed to get 9 out of 10 won when playing with me and he got rank 3 Diamond. I have a higher MMR than him as well, so let's see where I get placed.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm back now after finishing my Placement Matches. These are the results.

Highest Pre-season Rank: Rank 1.
    Last Pre-season Rank: Rank 1.
    Rank After Placement: Rank 3 Diamond. Just right in the middle of that rank. I think I have a good shot at reaching Master if I keep playing the way I have.
    Placement Win/Loss (eg 6-4): 9-1

Congrats! Diamond 3 is the highest you can reach in placement matches.

15+ Year Old Account
    Highest Pre-season Rank: Rank 4
    Last Pre-season Rank: Rank 14 maybe?
    Rank After Placement: Gold 4
    Placement Win/Loss (eg 6-4): 4-6
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Highest and last rank preseason 10
    Played 6w 4l
    Platinum 3

Played duo que with friend. He was r1 and got diamond 3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolyssian View Post
    Played duo que...
    Everybody and their dog does. Basically no game without two man premades atm. HL should be solo q only and an additional mode for two and three mans. Goofing around in unranked till the first wave is over.

Rank before wipe: Rank 1
    Highest Pre-season Rank (after the wipe): Rank 1
    Last Pre-season Rank: Rank 1
    Rank After Placement: Diamond 3
    Placement Win/Loss (eg 6-4): 5-5, although some were lost due to terribads, honestly. I honestly don't see why people think that it's better to pick what they think is a "meta" hero instead of picking what the fuck they at least think they know how to play best in their roster.

7+ Year Old Account
    Highest Pre-season Rank: 1
    Last Pre-season Rank: 1
    Rank After Placement: Diamond 3
    Placement Win/Loss (eg 6-4): 7-3

Really was only dominated in one of those games. Bad teamfights cost us the other two games. Only played two games with a friend, curious to see where he ends up.
    Last edited by Sir Andy; 2016-06-16 at 05:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

Lost every placement so far, it's horrible.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

7+ Year Old Account
    Started with 3 horrible losses wasn't even close

Highest Pre-Season Rank: 21
    Last Pre-season Ran: 21
    Rank After Palcement: Gold 2
    Placement Win/Loss: 5-5
    Last edited by Rawwrz; 2016-06-16 at 08:42 PM.

Deleted
    Has anyone here a good russian bad manner copy paste website?

10+ Year Old Account
    Highest Pre-season Rank: 9
    Last Pre-season Rank: 10
    Rank After Placement: Plat 1
    Placement Win/Loss: 7:3
    Seasonstart HL-MMR: 2186 (hotslogs)

A lot of toxic people that where saying " bg " or "its over gg" in the first 10minutes, but most of them where insightful when my duoq and me carried the lategame teamfights.

edit: most memorable moment was a Valla that said that Anub is a trollpick in combination with apoc-Diablo *sigh*
    Last edited by Sezerek; 2016-06-17 at 09:34 AM.

Most horrible experience I've ever had in HotS and I've been playing since alpha. I was rank 6 last season, got into placement matches where people didn't know what the objectives were, soloed lanes, didn't join team fights at all, it was miserable. Won 3 games, ended Gold 1 and I uninstalled the game because the level of frustration these placement matches have been are beyond anything I've experienced in my 22 years of playing video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    Most horrible experience I've ever had in HotS and I've been playing since alpha. I was rank 6 last season, got into placement matches where people didn't know what the objectives were, soloed lanes, didn't join team fights at all, it was miserable. Won 3 games, ended Gold 1 and I uninstalled the game because the level of frustration these placement matches have been are beyond anything I've experienced in my 22 years of playing video games.
    It's you. That's what reddit says. It's not the placement matches, it's all you.

/s
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been very nervous about playing HL and especially on a Friday, but so far, I managed to play 2 games and sitting on a 100% winrate on Sonya :P

I'll be taking this a bit slow I guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Last Pre-season Rank: 1
    Rank After Placement: Platinum 3
    Placement Win/Loss: 1-9

It was the most toxic and absurd 10 games I have ever played. I had leavers, feeders, afkers, and every shit head you could imagine. I've had some bad games before, but I have never been so turned off from playing this game. One of my placement matches everyone on my team was in placements except 1 person who was gold 5. He played xul and had 5 fucking deaths before level 10. I didn't even think that was possible, but he did it.

Wow. I'm done with HL. Honestly, I'm done with HotS for a while. I don't even fucking know why I finished my placements.

I usually don't blame others for my losses, I try to find a way to better myself. But when 3 people on my team have 2 deaths at the end of the game while the other 2 member have 12, I get the feeling there was nothing I could do. Blizzard made sure I wasn't winning my matches. One of my games I had a guy (last pick) highlighting ETC and even said in chat he would tank, then when it was his pick he locked in murky. What the fuck did I do to deserve this?

I regret ever complaining about pre-season matchmaking.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2016-06-17 at 08:52 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last Pre-season Rank: Unranked
    Rank After Placement: Diamond 4
    Placement Win/Loss: 5:5

Deleted
    Highest Pre-season Rank: 25
    Last Pre-season Rank: 28
    Rank After Placement: 1 silver
    Placement Win/Loss (eg 6-4): 6 wins - 4 loses

Also to everyone saying they had horrible experiences... well, now imagine that's all there was before from rank 25 onwards, that's why I made that thread a few months ago about not being able to progress. Now you know how I felt.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2016-06-17 at 10:25 PM.