Page 53 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    Generally unhappy about where tanking is this expansion, yes.
    Like don't get me wrong about just hating tanking. I really like DH play style(as with DK) the self healing model has always been my favorite over just reducing damage, but man idk MoP and WoD were just much more fun to me. DK is a little eh compared to previous but ya.

Idk... doesn't help M+ makes me hate the game. I just actually don't do it anymore and its more fun, but I know I am missing out on gear / AP by not doing it. Id rather have that than just stop cuz of M+ though.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Like don't get me wrong about just hating tanking. I really like DH play style(as with DK) the self healing model has always been my favorite over just reducing damage, but man idk MoP and WoD were just much more fun to me. DK is a little eh compared to previous but ya.

Idk... doesn't help M+ makes me hate the game. I just actually don't do it anymore and its more fun, but I know I am missing out on gear / AP by not doing it. Id rather have that than just stop cuz of M+ though.
    This is a bit off-topic, but do you feel like you'd reroll dps or quit? Didn't you main a warlock in SoO?

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    This is a bit off-topic, but do you feel like you'd reroll dps or quit? Didn't you main a warlock in SoO?
    I am going dps so I can raid lead basically is the plan. Ya I mained lock all of Cata and MoP with tupan/enigma/exodus/duality.\

Hunter/Lock are gonna be my chars idk which I will main... probably will depend on legendaries lol.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I quite like Vengeance. Im not entirely happy bout the changes to Last Resort & Fel Devastation, but Vengeance is still more fun than most tank classes.

Generally unhappy about where tanking is this expansion, yes.
    I didn't mind EN so much. ToV on the other hand... Odyn, oh boy...more "run away, run back, run away, run back" nonsense. I feel like I'm spending half of Helya kiting stupid ass orbs.

I will be glad when Nighthold happens.

The biggest problem is Veng isn't full of whingers that take to the Bliz forums and stamp our feet and throw a tantrum, so they pretty much ignore us, including the constructive posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    I quite like Vengeance. Im not entirely happy bout the changes to Last Resort & Fel Devastation, but Vengeance is still more fun than most tank classes.
    Well Fel Dev went back to 108 and they just put the new talent in Nether Bonds spot at least I guess.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Well Fel Dev went back to 108 and they just put the new talent in Nether Bonds spot at least I guess.
    Great. So those of us who dont think the new "get free DS + 2 charges + 60pain"-talent is great can still use Last Resort in its new poop-mode. Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Delimit View Post
    I didn't mind EN so much. ToV on the other hand... Odyn, oh boy...more "run away, run back, run away, run back" nonsense. I feel like I'm spending half of Helya kiting stupid ass orbs.

I will be glad when Nighthold happens.
    Yeah, Blizzard going out their way to make "interesting tank gameplay" via making us run around like chickens instead of actually tanking is annoying. I get that they think having offtank just doing DPS is a problem, but honestly even that's better than Artillery/Volatile Rot/Orb of Corruption/Stormforged Spear/Adds that spawn 50yd away.

I could live with all that if I was still in charge of my survival in the same way I was in MoP/WoD though. Being a punching bag and waiting for external healing was never my thing (I've tanked with DK and then later with Monk for the bigger part of my tanking career). I guess it wouldn't feel this bad if we weren't quite close to that sustainability, but being nearly there irks me more than I care to admit. That and dying over 10 seconds to just boss melee hits while receiving no direct heals.

Also it kinda feels that being a tank/healer in high M+ is a lot more stressful than being a dps there, but that could be just me. I like the idea of M+ but I think the difficulty should come more from affixes and ramping up mechanics intervals and making them more likely to oneshot, than just XXX% hp/damage with some of the affixes being downright lazy in design (Fortified/Tyrannical/Teeming for example). It would obviously take a lot more time to tune each dungeon that way so it's not gonna happen, but a man can dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

10+ Year Old Account
    I could live with all that if I was still in charge of my survival in the same way I was in MoP/WoD though. Being a punching bag and waiting for external healing was never my thing (I've tanked with DK and then later with Monk for the bigger part of my tanking career). I guess it wouldn't feel this bad if we weren't quite close to that sustainability, but being nearly there irks me more than I care to admit. That and dying over 10 seconds to just boss melee hits while receiving no direct heals.
    I cannot express how much I agree with you right now, a much wiser and smarter man than I once said that tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun. Right now I feel tanking has become just that, most tank mechanics are unimaginative at best, and tedious and annoying at worst.

At the core I want to be able to sacrifice surviability for damage, and if I can't have that I want more control over my much survival preferably in a way that is unforgiving to mistakes.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2016-11-23 at 08:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    ..a much wiser and smarter man than I once said that tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun. Right now I feel tanking has become just that, most tank mechanics are unimaginative at best, and tedious and annoying at worst.

At the core I want to be able to sacrifice surviability for damage, and if I can't have that I want more control over my much survival preferably in a way that is unforgiving to mistakes.
    Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

At the core I want to be able to sacrifice surviability for damage
    Sorry to poke in here, but I just think that every tank theorycrafter should be calling for this to be the core of tank gameplay for every tank, the balance between "Do more/Take more and Do Less/take less"

Quote Originally Posted by ryudaraku View Post
    Sorry to poke in here, but I just think that every tank theorycrafter should be calling for this to be the core of tank gameplay for every tank, the balance between "Do more/Take more and Do Less/take less"
    It's been brought up to the devs plenty of times in the past. They either don't know how to balance that well, or don't want to bother with having to try.

Hello,

Currently I'm running with the Darkmoon trinket and the 880 version of Bloodthirsty Instinct. Just now, a titanforged 880 version of Thrice-Accursed Compass (348 haste, crit, mastery and the same amount of agility as B.I.) dropped for me, with also 6% avoidance as bonus. I'm thinking of replacing Bloodthirsty Instinct with this one. What would you guys do?

Yeah, Blizzard going out their way to make "interesting tank gameplay" via making us run around like chickens instead of actually tanking is annoying. I get that they think having offtank just doing DPS is a problem, but honestly even that's better than Artillery/Volatile Rot/Orb of Corruption/Stormforged Spear/Adds that spawn 50yd away.
    I mean, I get that there's only things you can do to make tank mechanics interesting, but having me casually kite orbs over and over is the best you could come up with as professional game designers? (sadly, during our lust time) Running away, run back, taunt...rinse/repeat? People get paid for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Asphodel View Post
    Hello,

Currently I'm running with the Darkmoon trinket and the 880 version of Bloodthirsty Instinct. Just now, a titanforged 880 version of Thrice-Accursed Compass (348 haste, crit, mastery and the same amount of agility as B.I.) dropped for me, with also 6% avoidance as bonus. I'm thinking of replacing Bloodthirsty Instinct with this one. What would you guys do?
    keep DMC and BTI.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryudaraku View Post
    It was what everyone wants. The devs don't like it and have said multiple times for years that they don't like DPS vs Surv choices, even though it's what most tanks want.

Quote Originally Posted by Delimit View Post
    I mean, I get that there's only things you can do to make tank mechanics interesting, but having me casually kite orbs over and over is the best you could come up with as professional game designers? (sadly, during our lust time) Running away, run back, taunt...rinse/repeat? People get paid for that?

Pretty much.

Our survival skills almost doesn't matter. Defensive CD? Fuck that, your Only real defensive cooldown is your Taunt.
    Taunt goes wrong on ursoc? You are dead. "But i have all those defensive cooldowns", doesn't matter, you are dead now, the only things that matters is your Taunt. So enjoying jumping around and pressing that single button the whole fight if you wanna survive.

Odyn? Spear goes wrong? You are dead. You have to move. Got it wrong? too bad you defensive skills won't help you. Enjoy your death.

And pretty much every Boss either doesn't have anything that you actually need to use your defensives cds, or when it does it's a skill so broken that it will actually kill you no matter what.

If it's to be like that, bring back Passive mitigation and awesome fights at Cataclysm first raids. Cataclysm Tier1/2 had the best Fights that i can remember as a Tank. Loved having to use Interrupts. it won't kill you for sure if you missed one or two, but it would hurt badly, it was a fun mechanic with room for some mistakes without a wipe or death.

I really do like Tanking, but recently i have cared much more for my DPS as a Tank than my survivability. Swapped some talents, started using dps enchants. And to my surprise, My mitigation isn't much worse than it was before, and i'm helping much more with a higher DPS. All i have to do is the Mechanics right. Run/Taunt/Leap/Run.

Feels like i'm a Just a DPS with some extra-mechanics with my current gear(875 ilvl).
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

So, I just picked up the Legendary bracers, and I'm not too sure how to feel about them. I currently have Cindaria and Sephuz's Secret, and I guess I'll be using the bracers over the ring on the (very few) fights where I can actually proc the ring. Is there any significant increase to using Sigil of Flame a bit more often with the bracers?

I'm strictly interested in raiding; I know how useful the bracers will be in M+, but I haven't seen many people talk about their usefulness outside of dungeons. I was really hoping for the neck with the changes being made in 7.1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Malynd View Post
    So, I just picked up the Legendary bracers, and I'm not too sure how to feel about them. I currently have Cindaria and Sephuz's Secret, and I guess I'll be using the bracers over the ring on the (very few) fights where I can actually proc the ring. Is there any significant increase to using Sigil of Flame a bit more often with the bracers?

I'm strictly interested in raiding; I know how useful the bracers will be in M+, but I haven't seen many people talk about their usefulness outside of dungeons. I was really hoping for the neck with the changes being made in 7.1.5.
    Bracers are mainly just a dps increase, but less than the belt. You ideally want Cloak > anything for raiding though. Second legendary is kinda up in the air tbh. New one could be quite good, but so can the Leech ring with T19.

Deleted
    starting to become immensely frustrated at how shit our dps is without fracture (not that it's particularly good with it either, but damn..)