Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Guardian Timewalking gearing

Now that there will be a greater emphasis on completing TW events, I'm curious what setup people are using on their bears. Do you gear for the most sockets? Are you gemming straight agi, stam, or something else? Which Tier bonuses, if any, are you using? Do you even bother with TW gear or just go in with what you're wearing?

I tend to pug my TW dungeons and usually wind up with 1-2 underperforming DPS. So I created a more dps focused setup emphasizing as many red sockets for agi gems and damage increasing tier bonuses.

ARMOR:
    • 2p T12 Legs & Chest - (legs: crit/mastery with 2x yellow sockets, chest is 2x red sockets & agi bonus)
      Mangle & Maul deal an additional 10% dmg over 4 secs
    • 2p T10 Shoulders & hands - (Both are 1x Red socket with agi bonus)
      Thrash & lacerate dmg increased by 20%
    • Headpiece of the Shattered Vale - FERAL - (crit/mastery, red socket, & agi bonus + Tank OR DPS Legendary Meta)
    • Legendary DPS Cloak - (crist, haste, mastery & 1x red socket with agi bonus)
    • Spellbound Runic Band of Elemental Invincibility - (715 Tank Ring - NOT Legendary)
    • Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance - (ICC rep ring: yellow socket & AP proc)
      a WoD ring with BA and a socket would likely be better if you are lucky enough to get one.
    • Neck - (Any Epic above Cata ilvl, with BA and/or a socket could work here)
    • Snow Lily Belt - (crit/mastery with 2x Red sockets and agi bonus)
    • Bladeshadow Wristguards - (2x red with agi bonus)
    • Rooftop Griptoes - (crit/mastery with red/yellow socket and agi bonus)
    • Kiril, Fury of Beasts - (bonus armor + cosmetic agi proc)
    • Trinkets - Malicious Censer / Mirror of the Blademaster / Void Tendrils / ???

Enchants:

• Weapon - Mighty Agility
    • Shoulder - Greater Inscription of the Shattered Crystal (Cata - agi /mastery)
    • Wrists - Greater Agility (+16 agi)
    • Hands - Superior Mastery (25 mastery)
    • Waist - Living Steel Belt Buckle
    • Chest - Glorious Stats (+9 all stats)
    • Feet - Blurred Speed (speed bonus/+10 agi)
    • legs - Shadowleather Leg Armor (agi/crit)

GEMS:
    • Crimson Spinel or Delicate Queen's Garnet - (red: 10 agi)
    • Adept Lava Coral - (yellow: 5agi /10 mastery - Can only be placed in +285 ilvl items)

**Some prof perks still exist so check what you have available.**
    Last edited by Kioga; 2015-10-20 at 01:58 AM.

When I tank them I pull really big packs and then go nuts with thrash. The only time I really die is if I get a long stun or fear. So with that in mind I think 4p T10 is obvious. +20% thrash damage and 30% barkskin is amazing. I've also considered the tier bonuses that increase SI by like 8 seconds, but they don't have good 2p components.

I'm going with armor on all possible pieces. With all the crit and haste on the tier gear you'll be low on mastery, so again getting CC'd will be extra dangerous if you're also low on armor. I'm using Kiril and the proc is pretty nice, 40 agility at max. Considered the Ashen Verdict ring but went with a mastery/BA ring instead.

DPS legendary cloak, legendary tanking meta. If you're using a belt from MoP don't forget to put an extra socket in it.

Trinkets is the only thing I'm not sure about because I haven't kept many and hardly have any from WoD. I use a static BA/crit one atm because crit is awesome in big packs for rage. When I finally get the Archimonde trinket I'll probably use that. Delicate Vial from ToT would probably be really good. It has static BA and then when you dodge you get a stacking mastery buff which should be up all the time for big packs I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    I'm going with armor on all possible pieces. With all the crit and haste on the tier gear you'll be low on mastery, so again getting CC'd will be extra dangerous if you're also low on armor.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this: do you mean you also apply the +armor enchants because all of our "armor" pieces already have static armor in line with their ilvl. Or do you mean you try to find necks, rings, and weapons with Bonus armor in place of sockets and other stats?

Mirror of the blademaster + void tendrils for trinkets.
    Mirror does 30-50% of my dps on AOE, Tendrils do 60% of my dps on ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by this: do you mean you also apply the +armor enchants because all of our "armor" pieces already have static armor in line with their ilvl. Or do you mean you try to find necks, rings, and weapons with Bonus armor in place of sockets and other stats?
    I try to get as much armor as possible from necks and rings. An extra socket for more agility is nice, but I feel like being able to pull bigger packs so the whole group can do more dps (I run with a fire mage who really enjoys this) is a bigger gain than just improving my personal DPS.

Legendary ring is worse than the 715 ring. Legendary ring is 2% dmg. They have the exact same stats in timewalking due to the ilvl scaling. The proc on the 715 is better than a 2% dmg for 15 sec every 2m.

Though its timewalking so w/e... i didn't even do mine last week cuz fuck it waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Though its timewalking so w/e... i didn't even do mine last week cuz fuck it waste of time.
    The new rewards in 6.2.2 will prolly encourage more people to complete them at least until they have saved up enough badges to buy the mounts.

Well I know what to do now... gotta farm those items. I thought i was good just with cloak + 715 ring..

The new rewards in 6.2.2 will prolly encourage more people to complete them at least until they have saved up enough badges to buy the mounts.
    I wish they were good enough for me to want to do them... lol

I just don't care about mounts or pets i just raid lol.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like Kiril, makes me bigger than boss

It's true. Jello does nothing else but Raid. In HFC 25/24 hours a day. Shits silly.

makes your obligatory 5x weekend event for extra token less painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    makes your obligatory 5x weekend event for extra token less painful.
    Except I didn't do mine cuz I didn't want the coin or spend the time lol... granted im 728 so i dont really need gear outside WF/S items. I did it on my pally cuz he still needs gear i can coin i guess. Timewalking is just gay. The instances suck too much random cc in them its annoying.

The instances suck too much random cc in them its annoying.
    CC usually isn't a problem from what I have seen: its players failing to mechanics, going to afk, or being paired with a group that wants to wait 15 mins on the AFK cuz he/she is with their group.

CC usually isn't a problem from what I have seen: its players failing to mechanics, going to afk, or being paired with a group that wants to wait 15 mins on the AFK cuz he/she is with their group.
    Well I guess i have never had that cuz i literally won't pug those i either do it with 4 others or dont do it at all. I just wana pull 95% of the instance and aoe but most of them have 12 different fears/silences/sheeps etc etc that basically don't allow you to

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the ICC ring really that good? Hasn't it been nerfed? Wowhead tooltip says 30 AP at lvl 70 and 36 at 80. 60 sec ICD I believe, so that gives 5-6 average AP. Enough to beat a Seal of Primordial Shadow? Comparison, ignoring the proc:

(BC)

+3 Agility
    +8 Stamina
    +3 Crit
    +6 Mastery
    -2 Haste

Red socket instead of Yellow.

(WotLK)

+3 Agility
    +8 Stamina
    +3 Crit
    +7 Mastery
    -4 Haste

Although since it has a 60 sec ICD, maybe you could line it up with Mirror of the Blademaster, or other CDs.
    Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4 GHz | MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X (6GB) | Corsair Vengeance 8GB

What's the point in trying to get old loot for something as trivial as timewalking?

Why don't you go count the characters in the dictionary if you're bored.

Quote Originally Posted by cousinit1686 View Post
    What's the point in trying to get old loot for something as trivial as timewalking?

Why don't you go count the characters in the dictionary if you're bored.
    1. A lot of people enjoy optimizing for the sake of optimizing.

2. A lot of people have a lot of the gear here already and don't need to put any "effort" farming it. A lot of this gear come from raids people already are farming for mounts and tmogs too.

3. It's fun being OP for these short weekend events.

4. People want the new rewards as quickly as possible. Mounts, rep tokens, gear, heirloom upgrades and more.

10+ Year Old Account

Enchants:

• Weapon - ??? maybe Mighty Agility or Windwalk
    • Shoulder - Greater Inscription of the Shattered Crystal (Cata - agi /mastery)
    • Wrists - Greater Agility (+16 agi) or Mastery (+14 mastery)
    • Hands - Superior Mastery (25 mastery)
    • Waist - Living Steel Belt Buckle
    • Chest - Glorious Stats (+9 all stats)
    • Feet - Blurred Speed (speed bonus/+10 agi) or Pandaren's Step (speed bonus/+10 mastery)
    • legs - Shadowleather Leg Armor (agi/crit)
    Don't forget that you can use WoD enchants on low level gear. And they scale quite good too.

Chain of Evasion - (BA/mastery neck)
    The agility neck heirloom with BA (Eternal Woven Ivy Necklace) might be better? Slightly more agi, stam and BA + the use effect.
    Last edited by Dechno; 2015-08-24 at 09:48 AM.
    Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4 GHz | MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X (6GB) | Corsair Vengeance 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by Dechno View Post
    Don't forget that you can use WoD enchants on low level gear. And they scale quite good too.
    Yeah, I hadn't listed those yet soley cuz I figd they went without saying but people might not be familiar with/remember to use older enchants when they switch to lower ilvl gear. I'm also not sure if MS would be better than Mastery since MS doesn't exist on the older gear.
    I will probably wait til the next TW event before deciding which way I will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dechno View Post
    The agility neck heirloom with BA (Eternal Woven Ivy Necklace) might be better? Slightly more agi, stam and BA + the use effect.
    Are you sure you weren't adjusting them by character lvl rather than item level? When I adjust them by item level, to 95 (BC) and 160 (WotLK) both necks are have the same amount of agi/stam as well as equal amounts of secondary stats (18BA vs 9BA/9 Mastery).

IMO, I don't feel the neck's On Use is OP/useful enough to warrant the 1700g to buy and upgrade it but if you already have it then that's a moot point. Keep in mind, my list is my personal preference and is very much a work in progress.

To answer your Q about the ICC rep ring, I'm going to defer to Aggixx over at the Fluid Druid who has already conducted his own testing. Keep in mind I chose it with DPS in mind over defensive stats.

http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5458
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggixx
    Yeah it is. First I thought it would be good, then I realized all the stats get scaled to almost nothing (like 2 agi and 3 of each secondary) and thought it was shit, and then I realized the proc doesn't scale at all... so yeah its really damn good, you get about triple the AP that you should get.
    You could also use one of the many BA/mastery rings for a more defensive setup.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2015-08-24 at 12:56 PM.