Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

"pvp" gear in legion

So did i get this right, only the ilvl of whatever you are wearing matters cause they take all stats away and give a pvp template of stats which scales with your ilvl?

Yes. ilvl improve your stats by 0.1 per ilvl (800->900 is a 10% increase). What stats you have doesn't matter, just ilvl.

Artifacts still work, so they will be important and most likely the biggest difference between players.

Yes, though a recent blue post suggested they would look at more limited options for tweaking the template in favour of specific stats.
    They don't want free control as that would be against the idea of the template, but perhaps if you could have multiple templates.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

so if you are ilevel 900 and u fight someone who is ilevel 800, it will be like fighting someone who has WoD season 2 gear while you have WoD season 3 gear

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    so if you are ilevel 900 and u fight someone who is ilevel 800, it will be like fighting someone who has WoD season 2 gear while you have WoD season 3 gear
    no. cause someone in season 3 epics will completely destroy someone in season 3 blues. its more like someone in full blues, vs someone with a couple of epics.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Holinka wants to turn WoW into a moba. Gear, dedication or progress doesn't matter anymore, eveyone gets handed the same gear when they enter a BG.

Not to mention awful PvP ONLY talents which don't work anywhere else in the game. Even PvE doesn't have that.

This man needs to be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Turinn View Post
    Holinka wants to turn WoW into a moba. Gear, dedication or progress doesn't matter anymore, eveyone gets handed the same gear when they enter a BG.

Not to mention awful PvP ONLY talents which don't work anywhere else in the game. Even PvE doesn't have that.

PVP talents work in PVP. They will activate in world pvp. Also, this is to promote PVP blance. With ilvl scaling your stats only a small portion they can easily tune and balance when things are overpowered or underpowered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Yes. ilvl improve your stats by 0.1 per ilvl (800->900 is a 10% increase). What stats you have doesn't matter, just ilvl.

Artifacts still work, so they will be important and most likely the biggest difference between players.
    If thats the case, why arent artifact weapons locked ilvl xxx in beta atm to allow actual testing to happen. atm you start with 750 ilvl artifact and ive seen some people who run around with 800+ ilvl artifacts recking people.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if I wanted to play a haste stacking destruction warlock because I like getting spells off quickly, I couldn't.

If sniper training was still MM hunter's mastery and I thought I was skilled enough to use it efficiently in PvP, it doesn't matter, I can't stack it.

So they want legion PvP to be skillful, then they go and remove reforging, and now everyone has predetermined stats, on top of removing even more spells that high ranked players used efficiently but lower ranked players didn't even have bound.

Zero customization. Zero Skill. Why not just give everyone two buttons, one does damage and the other is a heal? What a fucking joke.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    So if I wanted to play a haste stacking destruction warlock because I like getting spells off quickly, I couldn't.

If sniper training was still MM hunter's mastery and I thought I was skilled enough to use it efficiently in PvP, it doesn't matter, I can't stack it.

So they want legion PvP to be skillful, then they go and remove reforging, and now everyone has predetermined stats, on top of removing even more spells that high ranked players used efficiently but lower ranked players didn't even have bound.

Zero customization. Zero Skill. Why not just give everyone two buttons, one does damage and the other is a heal? What a fucking joke.
    It's lazy design - they've taken a user hostile approach to designing PvP and content consumption. By removing customization, they eliminate the possibility someone might discover an undetected advantage in the name of 'we envision the class fantasy to be played THIS way'. Yes, it is easier (for them) to manage tweaking and balance at the expense of customization [player investment] and fun.

There is still PvP Set Bonus... Right?

10+ Year Old Account

They are ruining PVP in Legion (IMO) This has put me on the brink whether or not to get this expansion at all
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Them removing reforging and the ability to focus on stats only removed the ability for new players to fuck themselves over. Everyone with any experience just goes online and finds the best spec and copies it. There was always a best way to build your character and any minor modifications were exactly that, minor. You whiners and alarmists don't have to play if you don't like that, if anything your absence will just make the community less toxic. The game changes, deal with it or don't.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz770 View Post
    nope there is not , also trinkets dont works in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by gaz770 View Post
    nope

the "pvp gear" is just rng pieces with no bonus or trinkets

pvp should be about PLAYER + (skill) vs PLAYER + (skill) not PLAYER + (all the gear you could gather up through various means and may have had more time to do so) vs Player + (all the gear you could gather up through various means and may have had more gold or time to do so).
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Eerie Memes View Post
    Them removing reforging and the ability to focus on stats only removed the ability for new players to fuck themselves over. Everyone with any experience just goes online and finds the best spec and copies it. There was always a best way to build your character and any minor modifications were exactly that, minor. You whiners and alarmists don't have to play if you don't like that, if anything your absence will just make the community less toxic. The game changes, deal with it or don't.
    If you go online and find the best spec and copy it, you are doing it wrong. There is never a best way to build your character, it is always situational. You are advocating I should deal with changes, because you couldn't deal with understanding and mechanics. The irony on that.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    pvp should be about PLAYER + (skill) vs PLAYER + (skill) not PLAYER + (all the gear you could gather up through various means and may have had more time to do so) vs Player + (all the gear you could gather up through various means and may have had more gold or time to do so).
    No. This has been discussed to death. There are two schools of PVP theory. Those who believe in working hard and putting effort and the soviets

Um no, gear matters more in Legion than live, this false rumor needs to die
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    If you go online and find the best spec and copy it, you are doing it wrong. There is never a best way to build your character, it is always situational. You are advocating I should deal with changes, because you couldn't deal with understanding and mechanics. The irony on that.
    Changing a few talents between an arena match and entirely remaking your character is not a matter of being situational. Even if a haste build is best exactly 50% of the time and a mastery build the other 50%, it's not like you could ever change that on the fly. Now there are just talents, which is the one thing that actually should matter. A scrublord won't change his talents before an arena match like a good player does. If you are suggesting that I am claiming that one should copy talents online and never change then you need to work on your reading comprehension. My post was about removing reforging and gems in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Hang on, isnt its a % increase to the stats youre wearing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Yes. ilvl improve your stats by 0.1 per ilvl.