Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Building a new gaming pc 1400ish budget

Budget: 1400ish euro its ok if its a bit higher or lower.
    Resolution: 1440p
    Games / Settings Desired: Mmos mainly wow but pretty much every other thats out there or coming in near future also call of duty battlefield and generally fps are the games that are going to be played on this machine not much of an rts gamer.
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): Nothing special on this machine other than games.
    Parts that can be reused: None
    Do you need an OS?: Windows 10
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?: Looking for 2 monitors main one used for the games and secondary just for youtubing surfing on web and watching streams while gaming.

Thats the build i made so far.
    de.pcpartpicker. com/list/qy7MZ8 (cant post links yet so just remove the space before com).
    I didnt put an hdd on because we arent going to put anything other than games on it we dont download videos or music on the pc (even if i do its very minimal)and i can add a bigger one later if theres a need for extra space

Questions:
    Is the zotac gpu actually worth it i heard only good things about it.
    Will the i5 6600 be enough for future games or maybe look into an i7?
    Also im thinking about getting the BenQ XL2730Z 27.0" 144Hz as main gaming monitor is it worth the 500 euro?
    And any suggestions on the secondary monitor?

10+ Year Old Account
    €1400 budget and you pick a €750 1080 AND a €500 monitor?

That aint gonna work champ.

Wouldn't recommend using that motherboard with a 6600k CPU either. If you're going to go with 6600k then go with a z170 board. The z170 pro 4 board is not much more than the one you have on your list, but is a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    €1400 budget and you pick a €750 1080 AND a €500 monitor?

That aint gonna work champ.
    The budget is just for the machine the monitor is on its own seperate budget

Wouldn't recommend using that motherboard with a 6600k CPU either. If you're going to go with 6600k then go with a z170 board. The z170 pro 4 board is not much more than the one you have on your list, but is a lot better.
    Would http://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/q...rd-z170apcmate be a better choice?
    Last edited by akyro; 2016-07-13 at 02:47 AM.

Well, at least get a mobo you can overclock your unlocked CPU on (Z170).

Quote Originally Posted by akyro View Post
    The budge is just for the machine the monitor is on its own seperate budget

Would http://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/q...rd-z170apcmate be a better choice?
    lol.. you are going to get a very wide range of opinions on motherboards. I can't comment on all them, but I've been using
    http://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/4...board-z170pro4
    and love it. From the best I can tell atm it's only about $10 more than the board you originally had listed.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: *Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (€238.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (€30.79 @ Aquatuning)
    Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€126.99 @ Mindfactory)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory (€71.30 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (€69.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (€52.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Edition Video Card (€726.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Case: Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case (€87.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Power Supply: XFX XTR 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€97.68 @ Amazon Deutschland)
    Total: €1502.43
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    *Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-13 08:46 CEST+0200

Can't really go much lower here. If you dont plan on overclocking I suggest you go with i5-6500, same mobo and memory that's in your build. 650W PSU because you have a GTX 1080 and an overclockable processor. Added a simple HDD and replaced an SSD for a better one. On a monitor I dont see much choice there. You can also look for thishttp://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/B...onitor-s2716dg one if you can find it. BenQ is a decent choice.

Deleted
    Do you use German pcpartpicker as a guideline for help? Cause those prices and availability might not work for Greece... Better post the link from the webshop you will be ordering and we can start from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Do you use German pcpartpicker as a guideline for help? Cause those prices and availability might not work for Greece... Better post the link from the webshop you will be ordering and we can start from that.
    Well you're Greek you can read that. I can't so I'd better off posting german prices (that wont be far off) for him to check the availability himself.

It's the easiest way to get a good approximation in euro prices.
    Also amazon.de and its marketplace is not under capital controls; if he has the option to order from it, final price will be quite close (+ 30/50 euros postage&packing)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Well you're Greek you can read that. I can't so I'd better off posting german prices (that wont be far off) for him to check the availability himself.
    I was replying to OP since his list was on pcpartpicker.de , you did what you got ask for with his reference

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    It's the easiest way to get a good approximation in euro prices.
    Also amazon.de and its marketplace is not under capital controls so if he has the option to order from it, final price will be quite close (+ 30/50 euros postage&packing)
    If its for 30 euros difference then you don't want to order from another country even if it includes shipping. If you are sol with a doa part then you are in trouble for more expenses and time to wait.

With that budget and intended use I would go for a GTX 1070 instead of the 1080.

The 1080 will eat half your budget and you'll end up with low-end parts to accompany it.

Better invest that difference in a better Mobo and cooling.

I would agree with ReVnX. Go i5 6600(k) and GTX 1070. A 1060 model is also on its way so keep that in mind. Also make your power supply 750+ W .

Quote Originally Posted by Uberkafros View Post
    I would agree with ReVnX. Go i5 6600(k) and GTX 1070. A 1060 model is also on its way so keep that in mind. Also make your power supply 750+ W .
    If he goes with 1070 he's fine with a good 550W PSU.

Indeed but 750+ is more future proof and sli-able in case he is into that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberkafros View Post
    Indeed but 750+ is more future proof and sli-able in case he is into that kind of thing.
    Not really more future proof with a larger PSU. Components are using less and less power with each generation. It's also not really a good idea to plan to SLI. 9 times out of 10 you can get better performance for the same or less money by selling your old card on the used market and adding that money to your budget for a better single card solution.

If its for 30 euros difference then you don't want to order from another country even if it includes shipping. If you are sol with a doa part then you are in trouble for more expenses and time to wait.
    I probably didn't phrase it correctly.
    It would be 30/50 euros over the pcpartpicker list price.

Buying all the components from Greek stores would be at least 20% on top of everything even utilizing skroutz / bestprice.
    You only buy from Greek shops if you have no other options, or you enjoy a fleecing .

PS. Agree on the 1080 > 1070 suggestion, money best spent elsewhere if you don't plan to go 4k.

PPS. Just noticed the monitor question.
    I'm kinda on the lookout for a 27'' 144hz 2k one myself and I'm probably getting this:
    The one you're looking at is more geared towards AMD cards (freesync) and since you're going Nvidia..
    Last edited by Roadblock; 2016-07-13 at 03:31 PM.

Im planning on ordering from Germany sites because of the capital controls on Greece there is a shortage on pretty much everything part wise im also not familiar with Greek online sites i have always ordered things ebay or other sites outside Greece.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Can't really go much lower here. If you dont plan on overclocking I suggest you go with i5-6500, same mobo and memory that's in your build. 650W PSU because you have a GTX 1080 and an overclockable processor. Added a simple HDD and replaced an SSD for a better one.
    Im thinking of overclocking almost straight out of the box also as i said earlier im not really in a need for an hdd atm so i removed it to drop the cost and when theres a need for some extra storage later its easy to get one legion launch is coming soon so ill be mainly playing that.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    With that budget and intended use I would go for a GTX 1070 instead of the 1080.
    The 1080 will eat half your budget and you'll end up with low-end parts to accompany it.
    Better invest that difference in a better Mobo and cooling.
    When i started looking into it i was looking for a 1070 but prices are only 200euro away and there will be no need in near future for sli
    specially since im a fan of using 1 card instead of 2 when possible.
    Then as far as budget goes that was my main reason for going 1070 at first but as i said 200euro difference can be handled for a bit more future proofing.

Also dont take my parts as a set in stone thing im really open on suggestions also theres no need for color themes im keeping the case under a desk
    but i would really like to keep a nice 1080
    Also n2 will the zotac be able to fit inside a mid tower case?

Quote Originally Posted by akyro View Post
    Also dont take my parts as a set in stone thing im really open on suggestions also theres no need for color themes im keeping the case under a desk
    but i would really like to keep a nice 1080
    Also n2 will the zotac be able to fit inside a mid tower case?
    Why? You are getting a 1080p monitor. You'd be beyond fine for the next several years with even a RX 480. The GTX 1080 is MASSIVE MASSIVE overkill for 1080p. The 1070 is massive overkill for 1080p. It's more meant for 1440p. If you really really want to, sure, go for it. It just doesn't make any sense at all, especially considering the games you plan on playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Why? You are getting a 1080p monitor. You'd be beyond fine for the next several years with even a RX 480. The GTX 1080 is MASSIVE MASSIVE overkill for 1080p. The 1070 is massive overkill for 1080p. It's more meant for 1440p. If you really really want to, sure, go for it. It just doesn't make any sense at all, especially considering the games you plan on playing.
    On the resolution question i said 1440p and im sure the benq monitor i linked was a 1440p.
    At the highlighted part i meant i would really like to keep a nice 1080 card sorry if i wasnt clear enough.
    And im aiming at 27" because i like having a bit bigger screens +the distance i will be watching it from is around 1.5meters.