Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey,

so after skipping MoP and WoD I decided to roll Disco for Legion. So far, my head hurts from reading throughout the guides.

The questions I have are:

• What targets do you chose for your Atonement? I mean the tanks are obvious choice, but for the other 3-4...is it just random (assuming there's no expected damage to specific targets)?
    • Is Disco viable for a person who's decent at the game, but not sweating through all the encounters? Will I be useful?

Sorry if these are noob questions or were answered before already, but I've read so much stuff already D:

Thanks for the answer!

Is Disco viable for a person who's decent at the game, but not sweating through all the encounters? Will I be useful?
    At the moment.. i don't really think so, just my personal opinion.
    I would say disc is by far the most complicated and gear depended class in the game, it's not even funny to play it.

AND NO. I do not say it's absurd bad.

my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2016-07-20 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    I would say disc is by far the most complicated and gear depended class in the game, it's not even funny to play it.
    While I agree that disc is complicated and gear dependent, I'm having the most fun I've had in a long time playing Legion Disc. My best advice is just try it out for a while and see if you like it; it can be tough at first but it gets better. It's definitely viable, and even quite good on some fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post

AND NO. I do not say it's absurd bad.

my 2 cents.
    Cheers. I might go Holy then. I'm leveling my priest. So far lvl 35 and I can't do much as creeps die really fast here.

So I'm a Grid2 noob and I imagine someone here would definitely know: How do I get Grid2 to show me whom I have atonement on and duration?

I imagine for the time being my disc will be a 5-man/LFR guy until I get a better grasp of spec.

Class/Legion specific: For the time being (and perhaps as it should be), if a dps or tank screws up and doesn't severely outgear a fight - they're dead, there's no saving them as a healer. I realize this is good for the game overall but healers are going to take the brunt of this when dps die.

A few notes about my time as Disc in BC Timewalking.

- PW:S is wayyyy too weak. I get that it was probably OP these last few expansions but give us a break, it's shielding for less than shadow mend heals for. Either it's scaling way wrong or we're supposed to use it as an atonement drop and nothing else.

- Penance needing to be talented into to heal people. It feels mandatory. Schism feels very, very weak when you can only get off one penance or 2 smites during the debuff duration

- When it's only a tank taking damage its smooth sailing. Once a DPS gets smacked for half health the entire disc play style falls out the window.

After two days of raiding as Disc, I feel like the spec is not very fun to play (as it currently stands). You have to micro manage, plan and set up so much and when you land a good burst heal on the raid, it doesn't feel good or rewarding. The spec feels like I'm always behind and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

Regardless if Disc performs well number-wise or not means nothing if the spec feels like a massive chore to play.
    Last edited by Helelos; 2016-07-21 at 03:23 AM.

The only thing I find annoying is that over and over you have to sit there and defend Disc as a viable spec because people can't see the benefits of a spec. "Its a support spec". It gets old and annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    The only thing I find annoying is that over and over you have to sit there and defend Disc as a viable spec because people can't see the benefits of a spec. "Its a support spec". It gets old and annoying.
    You can thank Slootbag and our friends here at MMOC for that one for mistakenly telling the entire world that Disc isn't supposed to be able to heal serious content. I've seen that stupid summary of a summary of a misunderstood conversation that was posted on the front page quoted far too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by balatro View Post
    So I'm a Grid2 noob and I imagine someone here would definitely know: How do I get Grid2 to show me whom I have atonement on and duration?
    Go into the Grid2 settings:
    1. Statuses -> buffs -> set "Select Type" to a buff, then "Name" to Atonement. Hit "Create Buff".
    2. Indicators -> select where on your raid frames you would like the buff to appear, check the box for "buff: Atonement:mine", and configure text size, font, and color. If a buff already exists in your selected area, you need to adjust it so the Atonement buff is at the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    - When it's only a tank taking damage its smooth sailing. Once a DPS gets smacked for half health the entire disc play style falls out the window.
    This is something I addressed earlier, but disc burst damage is quite low now compared to Legion. Once you get your Light's Wrath artifact ability it will help your raid healing out massively. If you're struggling with individual players taking burst damage, try taking Grace and spamming more Shadow Mend, it's a pretty powerful single target heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Helelos View Post
    After two days of raiding as Disc, I feel like the spec is not very fun to play (as it currently stands). You have to micro manage, plan and set up so much and when you land a good burst heal on the raid, it doesn't feel good or rewarding. The spec feels like I'm always behind and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

Regardless if Disc performs well number-wise or not means nothing if the spec feels like a massive chore to play.
    You're entitled to your opinion, but I am enjoying the spec immensely, and I know other Priests are as well.

I've given up trying to defend the spec for the most part. If people are too stubborn and ignorant to acknowledge the benefits of a skilled Disc Priest, it's their loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    Im assuming hes using it for the same reason I did. We both don't have a PoF since PoF was trash for shadow, we never picked it up. PoF will easily contribute 10-25% whereas Seethe does like 5%. Imo best trinkets are DP and PoF.
    So H PoF or Mythic Seethe w/ Socket?

How are you handling PoF btw? I've just been funneling Penance into and doing an insane amount of healing. Very annoying to have to apply attonements when it procs and i don't want it to though :/

So H PoF or Mythic Seethe w/ Socket?
    Seethe is on par without the socket, far ahead with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    How are you handling PoF btw? I've just been funneling Penance into and doing an insane amount of healing. Very annoying to have to apply attonements when it procs and i don't want it to though :/
    I mean, ideally you'd prolly want to use PI during a proc, but as long as you're using a Penance every proc you'll do ok. During an aoe fight it may be worth holding dps until adds spawn, then fishing for the proc.

So H Pof = M Seethe, or M Pof = M Seethe

So H Pof = M Seethe, or M Pof = M Seethe
    I would go with M Seethe.

Deleted
    So, how are you guys enjoying the 3/4 buttons spam so far? I am struggling to fill my keybindings haha

Deleted
    Anyone else having a problem with Power Word: Shield not working with a mouseover macro? It just keeps casting it on me even when I'm hovering over another player.

This is the macro:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][] Power Word: Shield
    I use the same macro on my other healing classes and it works just fine. I use the default UI and all my add ons are up to date.

Played last night in some bgs, found it very clunky, low/moderate dps in return for low/moderate healing, felt pretty useless tbh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    Played last night in some bgs, found it very clunky, low/moderate dps in return for low/moderate healing, felt pretty useless tbh

I think you are doing something wrong, I did as much as the tank and was 2-3% behind on healing compared to the rest of the healers, that being said I died at the last 10-15 sec of each fight I played disc due to being extremely unlucky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Healprincess View Post
    So, how are you guys enjoying the 3/4 buttons spam so far? I am struggling to fill my keybindings haha
    Plea, SM, PWR, PW:S, Penance, Smite, SW:P(PtW), (Schism, MB, Halo/DS).

Come one, be fair, don't exaggerate :P