Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwalinn View Post
    Apparently I can't copy and paste them here since they register as links, images or videos, but they're the 5 macros from the initial post/guide below "Making disc Easier to play".
    So these 2?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
     /cast [@mouseover,nodead,help][] Plea
    Code:
    #showtooltip
     /cast [@mouseover,nodead,help][] Power Word: Shield
    Try copy and pasting those directly in. Also I know it sounds stupid but make sure you are using the ones from your macros and not your spellbook.

Also in the future I think you can post macros like that if you use [code][/code].

Deleted
    Yes those two are the ones I'm using, but I know I'm using the macros since I can hold my cursor over any character/player and it'll cast plea or PWS without me targeting them, but when I try and hold my cursor over their frames, or my own frame it's not working.

Yes those two are the ones I'm using, but I know I'm using the macros since I can hold my cursor over any character/player and it'll cast plea or PWS without me targeting them, but when I try and hold my cursor over their frames, or my own frame it's not working.
    Make sure your frames aren't click-through? I think that causes the issue you're describing.

I got the disc legendary robe a few days ago. It shouldn't make you spam plea, but if you use plea to apply atonement like you should then it's still very rewarding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Make sure your frames aren't click-through? I think that causes the issue you're describing.
    Okay, so I just realised the reason why plea and PWS aren't working is because they're bound for mouse buttons, and I've seen people writing about macros / mousebutton issues. Not sure if there's a fix for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    I got the disc legendary robe a few days ago. It shouldn't make you spam plea, but if you use plea to apply atonement like you should then it's still very rewarding.
    Yes, it's not a bad legendary for our "conservative" phases where we're weaving in plea's with smite/penance. Its a nice passive haste bonus. Nothing gamebreaking by any means, but just a nice little bonus. Id still rather have the waist and maybe the ring, but its not bad.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Deleted

Healing as Disc on mobile fights...

Guys I'm lost now. Managed to reach Heroic dungeons but some bosses are absolutely impossible for me unless the dungeon group absolutely outgear it.

I mean mobile fights, like Heimdall in Halls of Valor or pretty much entire Eye of Azshara.
    I have no idea how heal 5 people from 10% life to max in 5 sec WHILE I have to move around and avoid shit.
    No instant spells, not real healing power. I'm kinda confused really. We wiped like 5 times on Heimdall and my group kicked me. And I don't blame them. I couldn't stand still and while running I could do pretty much nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Okay, so I just realised the reason why plea and PWS aren't working is because they're bound for mouse buttons, and I've seen people writing about macros / mousebutton issues. Not sure if there's a fix for that.
    Other than binding it to something else? No

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipopotamo View Post
    Guys I'm lost now. Managed to reach Heroic dungeons but some bosses are absolutely impossible for me unless the dungeon group absolutely outgear it.

I mean mobile fights, like Heimdall in Halls of Valor or pretty much entire Eye of Azshara.
    I have no idea how heal 5 people from 10% life to max in 5 sec WHILE I have to move around and avoid shit.
    No instant spells, not real healing power. I'm kinda confused really. We wiped like 5 times on Heimdall and my group kicked me. And I don't blame them. I couldn't stand still and while running I could do pretty much nothing. What am I doing wrong?
    You probably aren't doing anything wrong. People should not be taking much damage on mobile fights. For example on Wrath of Azshara as a Shadow priest I personally go away from everyone else to have more free space and I don't need any healing. Heimdall is also about dodging Azure dragons and cyclones.

During movement you can try to apply/refresh atonement throught Plea. If needed you can use Rapture and spam Power Word: Shields. The biggest source of healing during movement periods is Mindbender, so save it for when you need it. Also SW: P and Penance can be cast during movement, so you can definitely keep some healing going on and that should be enough.

So tell people to move on mobile fights and use Mindbender cleverly

Deleted
    I had the same problem. I fixed it by binding numbers (or any other key basically) to those extra mouse buttons and put those into the keybinding in wow instead of the mousebuttons themselves. It works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yeah, from what I can tell, that trinket is labeled as a Melee DPS trinket, so it doesn't even drop for Disc; understandable why it's not affected by the nerf.

That said, I'm not entirely sure it's worth using. 100k damage would be around 50k Atonement healing, so you'd need to be hitting 5+ targets with it in order to get any noticeable amount of healing.

For an on-use healing trinket, I'd rather roll with Mote of Sanctification. 20 yard radius compared to 10 yards on the Pearl, and it doesn't require 4-6 targets in order to do decent healing!

It also seems to be affected by stuff like the +15% healing buff from random heroics, as I've seen it crit for 260k before.
    I had MoS prior to pearl, and it's just aids. It's so bad. Static mastery is horrid and the heal it provides is dogshit. Like you said yourself, 1 target for pearl will atonement heal for 50k (on each atonement target). MoS does 80k on 5 targets, so you only need 2 targets for the pearl to already do more healing, assuming you have atonment on everyone - which you should.
    The real kicker though is when the tank pulls a pack of 10+ mobs and you pop the pearl for at least 500k healing on each atonement, which is extremely helpful in those big trash pull situations. It's like having our own Holy Word: Serenity, but it also does damage and AoE healing. Sure it relies on big trash pulls, but that's exactly when disc needs that kind of healing on the tank.

If you want a proper healing trinket, don't role with MoS, the Hurricane is miles better and way more versatile.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    That one is arguably the best now, at least tied with N'ero imo. Even not using haste above 6 atonement, it's still up to a 12% haste buff, which is awesome, especially for when you're just maintaining those low number of atonements and mostly dpsing.
    I also think there'd be ways to get the benefit of it at high atonement numbers, but only viable on fights with mana regen mechanics (idk what the t19 versions are, but i'm thinking fights like Brackenspore).
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    MoS does 80k on 5 targets
    Actually, it heals for around 90k (Tooltip on my 825 one says 86k-97k), and I've seen it crit as high as 250k.

But yeah, Mastery, while great for Holy, is kinda meh for Disc, so I see your point there.

Bottled Hurricane though, I also found to be really shit, solely because it stacks up really slowly. I was only getting 1 stack every 7-10 seconds or so. It heals for a decent amount, but only if all 5 people stand in that little 5-yard circle. Which, most pugs think is a bad effect so they get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipopotamo View Post

Like Agness said, the fault might be on dps who aren't doing mechanics, however that line of argument only goes so far and at some point as healers we have to acknowledge that there is a certain minimum level of bad that we have to heal though.
    But probably not as much bad as you were having to deal with.

Anyway, to answer your question about healing while moving:
    PWS and Plea can apply Atonement and do minor healing while moving - rapture for more PWS if plea won't cut it.
    SWP/PtW can be cast while moving, and obviously will keep ticking while moving, healing those atonement targets.
    And most importantly, Penance, your best Atonement heal, can be cast while moving.
    Now, you're not going to heal anyone from 10% to max in 5 seconds while moving. I don't think any healer could without blowing a few cooldowns, and even then it'd be a struggle for them.
    Thing is - Hymdall doesn't even have any mechanics, even on heroic, that'll drop people to 10% in 1 hit. At best Horn might do 50% of a low health player. Everything else is avoidable. Either you're not topping people up enough after these, or they're standing in multiple, or both. Anyway, there's only so much you can do if it's their bad. If it's yours, then know that it IS possible and you might just need to review your gameplay.

About bads - I had a similar experience last night - the first such one actually - where having done many many normal and heroic dungeons already, 825 ilvl, I went and helped some more casual mates get a few quick normal dungeons.

There I encountered a Demon Hunter tank that wasn't using Demon Spikes (or any other mitigation) AT ALL. He was getting hit harder in a normal dungeon than anything I'd experienced in all the heroics I'd done, with both good and bad tanks. Spamming the shit out of shadowmend and using all my cooldowns I could barely keep him alive, and for the first time I actually realised why so many people are coming to the forums going "whats wrong with disc I can't keep the tanks alive, spamming shadowmend doesn't do enough". When you get a tank like that there's just nothing you can really do. I told him he was taking insane damage and quickly figured out he wasn't using demon spikes and told him as such and it got a bit better but he still had less than 12% uptime on it at best on any fights or trash pulls.

The thing is, Shadowmend, for this kind of tank healing, is the best heal in the game. No other healer has a 'flash heal' that does 750% SP. The difference is that no one is questioning the viability of other healers, so when the tank dies despite everything the Holy Paladin threw at it, people go well shit, maybe that tank is bad. But with disc, because there's this idea that it's not a real healer they go "bad spec, bad healer" and ignore the fact that the tank.
    That and other healers have much better "oh shit" buttons than us, which means they can save a situation they aren't ready for, and disc can't unless you actually are kinda ready for it, which by definition you probably won't be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Actually, it heals for around 90k (Tooltip on my 825 one says 86k-97k), and I've seen it crit as high as 250k.

But yeah, Mastery, while great for Holy, is kinda meh for Disc, so I see your point there.

Bottled Hurricane though, I also found to be really shit, solely because it stacks up really slowly. I was only getting 1 stack every 7-10 seconds or so. It heals for a decent amount, but only if all 5 people stand in that little 5-yard circle. Which, most pugs think is a bad effect so they get out of it.
    Actually - and this is a massive dev oversight - no other players can see the visual from your Hurricane. I tested it with multiple guildies while I was on Discord doing dungeons with them.
    At 7+ stacks it heals for quite a lot, 25k+ per sec for 6 sec, and you can use it at any number of stacks. It also doesn't seem to be on the GCD (neither is MoS though), which really nice. Also being a hot makes it benefit more reliably from crit, as usual, so there's that too. And it give's static haste. I find it's versatility and better passive stats just make it superior to MoS
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Yeah, the Hurricane does some decent healing, but I find that it takes too long to get to 10 stacks, and there are almost no times in 5mans where the whole group is stacked up to really make the best use of that healing.

On paper, it's great. In execution, it's kinda crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    It also doesn't seem to be on the GCD (neither is MoS though), which really nice.
    Most on-use trinkets are on a separate GCD than the regular spell GCD.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-09-08 at 05:42 AM.

On the thread of bad tanks and there lack of CD usage. Can someone link a weak aura to track tank CD usage or recommend a good add on that can do it. Ty for the help

Weak aura? You'd be better off setting up your raid frame to track a buff like that. Would probably be a lot easier, especially if you're using something like VuhDo.

I am currently using grid. I could set that up but I got the short end of the stick with my eyesight and need to have overly large icons on my healing ui . Just not enough room on it. If nothing is available then will make one. Again ty

Deleted
    @Sinnik, try with Shadowed Unit Frames. You can have it that buffs are tracked via colored boxes, so you can set up something like having a green box popping over the unit frame if the tank is using active mitigation and a red one if they are using a defensive CD.

--

Does anyone have exact stat weigh? Gaining 105 intellect, 445 crit and losing 440 haste is worth it (i830 v i840)? It's making gear choices a bit more difficult without the stat weigh.
    Last edited by mmoc62a721aa86; 2016-09-08 at 10:33 AM.

@Sinnik, oRA3 and Exorsus Raid Tools both have raid and tank CD trackers built in. They both do a lot more than that though, so you might have to dig through some settings to get them how you like.
    @Sendai iirc haste and crit are pretty close so you probably want to go with the extra int

Deleted
    @Bareturtle, some earlier discussions in this same thread put haste at twice the value as other secondary traits, but considering it's a 10 item level increase, I'll go for it.

What's the name of Light's Wrath overload buff? I can't seem to get it to appear with TellMeWhen, so perhaps it's not a buff? I haven't seen any notification or buff or anything anywhere, just the big crits. Supposedly it's Light Overload.
    Last edited by mmoc62a721aa86; 2016-09-08 at 12:43 PM.