Jaeleth Bleakstar (WIP), Feedback Welcome!

Name: Jaeleth Bleakstar

Race: Felblood Elf

Class: Demon Hunter

Languages: Thalassian, Eredun

Faction: Horde

Personality: Chaotic Good

Likes: hunting and killing demons, absorbing demonic souls for power, protecting his people from the Burning Legion, Calligraphy/Scribing

Dislikes: Time wasted on love, romance, and friendship; Demonic worshippers, Eredar, Draenei, Naaru, Humans, Orcs and Trolls.

Appearance: Jaeleth is unusually tall and meaty for a Blood Elf, he sports simple, slicked chest-length hair and a goatee with soul patch. His skin is mostly covered in bony ridges and scale-like growths as well as small fel thorns, his flesh has a deep crimson hue. His hair, once a reddish brown, has become blackened like volcanic rock.

Strengths: Physical strength and mental discipline after a decade of century of training in the Illidari. Knowledge of Demon anatomy, vulnerabilities and Fel Magic. Warglaive and unarmed combat training. Adept scribe.

Weaknesses: Lack of trust in almost all others, stubborn beyond reason at times, bouts of self-loathing followed by periods of venting through brutal savagery

History: Jaeleth Daystar was one of hundreds of Blood Elves who followed Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider to Outland. He was but a simple citizen at the time of the fall of Quel'thalas to the Lich King, unlike the rest of his elders whom were great and powerful magi. Jaeleth had grown up in the times of war between the Scourge, the Amani Trolls and the Alliance and had learned much of the turmoil of his people first hand. He had watched his beloved Prince consort with the Naga under Lady Vashj, the half-demon Night Elf lord Illidan Stormrage, and the Eredar lord Kil'jaeden, the Deciever.

While Prince Kael'thas was conducting his own treacheries, Jaeleth had begun to grow corrupted by the Fel magic he and his people had absorbed. His eyes glowed with a baleful green, his flesh turned a crimson hue, and he begun to embrace the fate of his people. In truth, he had become corrupted not just in mind and body, but also in soul. He wanted to do more for his people but was willing to sacrifice everything to do so. He, like few others of the Blood Elves, knelt before Illidan himself and pleaded to learn his power and vowed to serve him in return for the power to save his people.

Jaeleth shed his family name, took up a new sobriquet and devoted himself utterly to mastering the ancient teachings of Illidan's Illidari. As a rite of passage for all Illidari hopefuls he engaged in the ceremony of scoring out his eyes, a test to prove his devotion and ability. It was an initiation of pain and suffering that he endured nigh' flawlessly. He placed upon himself the blindfold, a symbol of the Illidari's sacrifice and took up the Warglaives, an ancient and difficult weapon to master. He had started down a dark path with no comfort, no remorse and no end.

Over the next decade, he learned and harnessed the Fel powers of the Legion. His skin hardened into bony ridges, his muscles bulged with demon-borne strength, corruption changing him, mind, body and soul. He endured the vicious spell-bound brandings so that he might join the powers of his demon victims to himself. He learned to master the intricate and difficult art of Warglaive combat, a twin-blade weapon of terrible versatility. He absorbed great quantities of Fel power, channeling it into bizarre and devastating abilities and mutations. He feasted on the souls of Demons he killed and learned to bend those powers to his will, in defiance of the Burning Legion and it's dark masters.

While his beloved Prince had secretly betrayed his own people to seek power for himself and victory for his master, the Deceiver, Jaeleth quietly mastered many aspects of the Illidari teachings. Also, unbeknownst to him, many of his people back in Quel'thalas had defied the rule of their Prince in his absence, turning to the very enemies they once fought against for help. Elsewhere, lord Illidan had begun to fall further to madness as he prepared for the inevitable coming of the Alliance and the Horde into his realm.

Jaeleth was among the many Illidari who were captured by heroes of the Alliance and Horde, sent to a prison world by Maiev Shadowsong. It was only there did he learn of his Prince's betrayal of his people, the defeat of Kil'jaeden, and the eventual cleansing of the Sunwell by the Draenei prophet. For the next 10 years he was kept imprisoned, living with the revelation that his sacrifices were for naught and that his once beloved prince had betrayed them all for his own ends. For a decade it tore at Jaeleth and he brooded, a rage that burned in silence like a fel-forge. Betrayal, corruption, hatred, endless agony, demonic manipulation, bottomless sorrow, impotent rage... revenge.

Even in his imprisonment, he made a pact with his own dark soul that his loyalty would never falter to his people, no matter what happened to him. It was his only solace he had. His sacrifices would not be wasted, he would turn his attention fully to destroying the Legion, the lies and the corruption, the betrayal and manipulation. (WIP)
    Last edited by JacobusRex; 2016-07-14 at 06:18 PM.

Deleted
    Few things...

I think the basic demon language is eredun.

Maiev didn't send the Illidari demon hunters to a prison world, Illidan sent the Illidari demon hunters to a fragment of the former prison world of Mardum that Sargeras used to imprison demons before he shattered it and created the Burning Legion, and Illidan sent the demon hunters to this world during the battle of Black Temple.

I'm pretty sure volcanic ash is a very light grey.

The Illidari was about... 4 years old when it was destroyed and since then only 5-6 years have passed, meaning there couldn't have been a century of training unless your character's a night elf and your character wouldn't have been imprisoned for over a decade.

Elves already have fangs it's what's left from the troll tusks.

The only thing fel changed on blood elves was eye colour, nothing else, only those who further indulged in absorbing the energy of several fel crystals would go on to become felblood elves.

The demon hunter looks you see on the demon hunter in-game models are explained in the Illidan book, they're not changes that happens overtime, they happen all at once and it's a very very very painful process it includes their eyes burning up... If I remember correctly.

Oh yeah and demon hunters don't absorb the souls/essence and powers of every demon they come across and kill.

Yeah, that's it. That's my feedback.
    Last edited by mmoc661de564ba; 2016-07-14 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobthecrop View Post
    Few things...

I think the basic demon language is eredun.

Maiev didn't send the Illidari demon hunters to a prison world, Illidan sent the Illidari demon hunters to a fragment of the former prison world of Mardum that Sargeras used to imprison demons before he shattered it and created the Burning Legion, and Illidan sent the demon hunters to this world during the battle of Black Temple.

I'm pretty sure volcanic ash is a very light grey.

The Illidari was about... 4 years old when it was destroyed and since then only 5-6 years have passed, meaning there couldn't have been a century of training unless your character's a night elf and your character wouldn't have been imprisoned for over a decade.

Elves already have fangs it's what's left from the troll tusks.

The only thing fel changed on blood elves was eye colour, nothing else, only those who further indulged in absorbing the energy of several fel crystals would go on to become felblood elves.

The demon hunter looks you see on the demon hunter in-game models are explained in the Illidan book, they're not changes that happens overtime, they happen all at once and it's a very very very painful process it includes their eyes burning up... If I remember correctly.

Oh yeah and demon hunters don't absorb the souls/essence and powers of every demon they come across and kill.

Yeah, that's it. That's my feedback.
    There's way too much retcon to pin down exact timelines. I figured it's been over 9 years since TBC was launched, so about 10 years time in imprisonment. Before that, watching Nobbel's videos, I figured it had to be at least 10 years in Outland that the Blood Elves who left with Kael'thas have resided. They built a small empire in Netherstorm and you could clearly see Demon Hunters training at Black Temple, Jaeleth was one of them before they were captured and imprisoned by Maiev. I mean, how else do you explain the starting quests of the DH? You emerge from prison last I checked, just like Illidan who was freed by Gul'dan (for some reason). Also, Demon Hunters are basically like the Nathrezim, in that they are demonic vampires. They even have the same horns and body style. Some Demon Hunters may choose not to absorb certain demons but all of their demonic powers come from the demons they absorb, so I read. I figured their fel flames come from Infernals and Abyssals, their strength from Fel and Wrath Guard, their hellish agility from the Shivarra, their eye beams from Watchers/Beholders, and so forth. Even Imps offer them simple sustenance for their Fel addiction.

Beyond that, thank you for the information on what fel does to blood elves. I'll amend my profile accordingly. He's going to have the most demonic appearance so he'll have to have gone through that process. I had thought it was an initiation ceremony symbolic of when Illidan gouged out his eyes to see beyond mortal sight. I also should say 'volcanic rock', very black, sooty colored.

Deleted
    Well that simply isn't true. There is no trouble at all with the timeline since Ultimate Visual Guide, and that's what I'm referring to. And no, 9 years have not passed in-game... 5-6 has. And only 4 years passed between Frozen Throne the expansion to WC3 and TBC in the lore... It's kinda dumb but it's true. And most of the structures in Netherstorm were there already. At best Kael'Thas' blood elves set up tents, except in terrokar where they built a whole town, but you also do that in WC3 so that's already explained I guess?

Spoiler's ahead in regards to demon hunter starting zone and potentially other stuff...

And the demon hunters can maybe in some ways be compared to the nathrezim but body and horn style depends on what you choose in customisation, they have many horn types and the body types comes from the very first demon they absorb, and no there's not a mass of demons sustaining them from what I've gathered from the demon hunter starting quests in Legion. And they don't start right out of prison, they even mention several times that their mission in the starting zone is a mission of urgency that must be done as quick as possible so they can aid in the battle of Black Temple. Also if you see them with a scaly body, that comes from eating the heart and absorbing the essence of a fel hound. From what I've gathered the very first (in some cases, the only) demon essence that you absorb lays the groundworks for your whole transformation and base of strength, basically as I've understood it (which means I'm not entirely sure so do with this little tidbit of info as you wish) when a demon hunter absorbs the essence of another demon they gain only their strengths comparable to their current strengths, so absorbing an imp as an example would empower their ability in the magical by a huge margin, as imps despite their size have A LOT of firepower. Absorbing essence from stronger demons is bad, really really bad, it has the potential to destroy the demon hunter (In fact one demon hunter literally burns up from absorbing too much energy). That doesn't mean demon hunters do not potentially sometimes absorb demonic essence to gain an extra edge. Eye beam as an example is something the demon hunter player gets by absorbing demonic essence. (Also Observers technically aren't demons, they aren't in the Legion and they feed off energy. That's why Illidan could employ them, he fed them energy from the well of souls) One of my earlier points still stands though, the very first demonic essence absorbed is what is going to change the demon hunter the most, physically.