Quote Originally Posted by Traxis View Post
    Why not get the ToD keystone, ignore Karma Healing and SCK, and just get Fists of Fury damage for 13 points? Seems like a better option to me. Every minute you can pop ToD, blow your load, and kill a monster instantly - And FoF damage is better than SCK damage, isn't it? Dodge vs Healing is meh, but I feel like the keystone makes up for it.
    Is there something I'm missing out on? Why is 13 the magic number for artifact talents? I know that 13 is the amount you get from completing the story line but is there any reason not to put just 10 or 11 points in WW artifact?

Quote Originally Posted by enterthemind View Post
    Is there something I'm missing out on? Why is 13 the magic number for artifact talents? I know that 13 is the amount you get from completing the story line but is there any reason not to put just 10 or 11 points in WW artifact?
    The 13th point costs 1000 AP, the 14th costs 6840, which is more than the previous 13 combined, so it's a sort of breakpoint. Honestly, it doesn't change that much, saving 1 or 2 thousands AP won't have any significant impact on your game, unless you play 1 hour a week or something like that, it's a couple of hours of grinding tops, if you're slow. If you plan to main MW, having a well developed WW artifact will still help with questing, farming, etc. because no matter what, WW kills a lot faster and its Artifact power is amazing and on a short cooldown.
    Last edited by Kyranna; 2016-08-29 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyranna View Post
    The 13th point costs 1000 AP, the 14th costs 6840, which is more than the previous 13 combined, so it's a sort of breakpoint. Honestly, it doesn't change that much, saving 1 or 2 thousands AP won't have any significant impact on your game, unless you play 1 hour a week or something like that, it's a couple of hours of grinding tops, if you're slow. If you plan to main MW, having a well developed WW artifact will still help with questing, farming, etc. because no matter what, WW kills a lot faster and its Artifact power is amazing and on a short cooldown.
    Ah that makes sense, thanks!

Are you going to buy the dalaran ring (850) for 250k for your mistweavers? Is it even worth it?

Deleted
    Im for sure not gonna waste that amount of gold on a ring. Rings where plentyful in legion beta. The rings teleport is kinda useless sense monk can just use pilgrim to get to classhall that takes us to dalaran.

Gonna level as WW gonna put in 13 points into it to have alot faster world quests going, points will be touch of karma trait and crosswinds.

The quests where I get a relic at high lvl 108-110 I will be looking at Life Relics. Found that relic to be the harder relic to find on beta.

now that legion's release is imminent is it possible to get a summary of whats best? (Stats, talents, etc.)

I have a good idea of it but id rather be sure

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    prolly something like this just for ezmode lvling:

http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calcu...ABQIAAAAAAAAAA
    Thanks, seems to me 9 traits would be enough, ToD is nice but not the end of the world, so is the very small chi reduction trait.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Are you going to buy the dalaran ring (850) for 250k for your mistweavers? Is it even worth it?
    If you can afford it, why not?

I mean, you have 2 rings slots, you'll need 2 better rings (and now they share with EVERYBODY) to replace it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post

now I haven't done raid testing with nerfed legendaries/nerfed tft-rem, but it should do around the same healing as mistweaving post nerfs. Perhaps it could still be higher hps wise.
    As it should be. Deciding between RT and other options should be a choice, not a mandatory option IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    now that legion's release is imminent is it possible to get a summary of whats best? (Stats, talents, etc.)

I have a good idea of it but id rather be sure
    Have you read the first post of this thread?
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Yes, all 3 guides are either missing infos or have parts of it still presents infos for the 6.2, not really useful

Anyone got a good sheiluns gift weakauras yet?

Lol Legion isn't even out yet and people are complaining guides don't have every piece of information about the expansion. Spoiled...

a mw guide isnt an expansion guide tho, and putting incompleted guides as references will mislead new players.

"99.9 sure that's wrong"
    "need to finish math for RT"

im sorry m8, i appreciate the work u do but this is suggesting (pls tell me if im wrong) that taking RT is a hps loss over NOT TAKING a lvl 100 talent.

i mean... wtf ?

if the math for RT hasn't been done you may wanna advertise that on the spreadsheet cus from this it makes RT look fucking shit and that's simply not the case.
    Clarification: Math for RT value (how good it is) is done. Math for how that affects stat weights is not.* Yes, it is an HPS loss over having to talent because it assumes 100% RSK usage no matter what, as noted in the spreadsheet. If you only used RSK when there was no healing to do, it would be a slight, minor HPS gain, if any, so I didn't think that was worth showing because the talent isn't used in that fashion. It's used as a large DPS gain for a minor healing loss.

Note that I'm also NOT advocating for people to avoid RT. Talking purely HPS here. So if you think the DPS is worth the HPS loss for some fight, by all means, give RT a shot.

* It's separate math. Computing f(x) does not immediately yield df(x)/dx, particularly for formulas as complicated as RT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    you act like mistweaving was worse hps wise previously. fistweaving only pulled ahead because it had legendaries that were a literal 20%+ hps increases.

now I haven't done raid testing with nerfed legendaries/nerfed tft-rem, but it should do around the same healing as mistweaving post nerfs. Perhaps it could still be higher hps wise.

although I guess if they do similar hps, you probably should play RT because you passively delete boss hp.
    (Emphasis mine) Yep, agreed, only saying vanilla RT HPS is bad. DPS is good and useful
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Are mining and engineering good for mw?

apparently ei'thas got nerfed and now only increases the duration of HoTs on the tank by 2 sec per RSK rather than 2 sec per attack

at this point I'm gonna say RIP fistweaving

Deleted
    Guess you didnt see a 2min durration enveloping mist then XD

10+ Year Old Account
    yea the boots are pretty bad.

i guess it makes the rising sun kick gcd less bad now. probably worse than unisons or lotbf though.

at this point though, considering disc's strength, you guys should either accept mistweaving is the reality of monk, or play disc xD

I don't know if this has been answered before, probably, but which relics are BIS?

Which traits benefit the most from an upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd imagine rem/vivify/enm relics are good for lifecycles.

soothing mist is also pretty good if you got unison's.

I wonder if people will stockpile relics and swap in progression.. then again, I have no idea how often those drop in raids.

apparently ei'thas got nerfed and now only increases the duration of HoTs on the tank by 2 sec per RSK rather than 2 sec per attack

at this point I'm gonna say RIP fistweaving
    Really? Because the items info still says target's melee attacks. So maybe the boots are just currently bugged?