Deleted
    So could need a bit of help with gear etc. What are the stats we need to go for [Raid] where i can see the weights and where to put them? Could need your help!!! Is there a guide where i can see BiS list for Raid etc?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruser View Post
    So could need a bit of help with gear etc. What are the stats we need to go for [Raid] where i can see the weights and where to put them? Could need your help!!! Is there a guide where i can see BiS list for Raid etc?
    So what i get from reading all the posts from people inhere is:
    - Haste, in a world where mana doesn't exist, is the best healing stat. However, mana exists, therefore it isn't very good in raids yet.
    - If you are a healing logs whore, then crit is the stat giving you the highest healing output.
    - Versatility will however, with it's combined +healing and -Damage Taken be the better stat on progress. (but only by very little to crit)
    - Mastery is not super bad, but it doesn't really compare to the others.

(All this is for Mistweaving, fistweaving is something different)

Sheilun's gift is a waste in raids...the only time its useful and i find myself casting it is when im going oom...it has such a long cast time that when ur trying to heal the target they would be topped off and heal is wasted.

Feels like a change is needed, instead of straight up heal, to have it apply some sort of shield similar to life cocoon...that way you can freely cast it and not have it wasted. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Qzy View Post
    Sheilun's gift is a waste in raids...the only time its useful and i find myself casting it is when im going oom...it has such a long cast time that when ur trying to heal the target they would be topped off and heal is wasted.

Feels like a change is needed, instead of straight up heal, to have it apply some sort of shield similar to life cocoon...that way you can freely cast it and not have it wasted. What do you guys think?
    I agree 100%. Otherwise loved my first day of Raiding as a MW Monk!

Quote Originally Posted by Qzy View Post

i don't think it's a waste though everyone tends to use the mythic 20 man as the only template. I have found that it is a great tank heal when they are starting to dip low. Enveloping to stabilize and gift to top went a long way when stacks were mismanaged.

Furthermore I'm starting to appreciate rushing jade winds more. For the mana it's very efficient when your stacked. I found it very useful on the eye and ursoc bosses where mana was strained.

got my hands on ursoc's trinket (vers+Intel/haste proc) damn it feels good, proc so often

Why can't people agree on stat prio for raids? Are they really competitive? Just looking through the thread shows like 5 different prios.

7+ Year Old Account
    What are the MW stat weights for both Raid and Mythic+? For the life of my I can't find them..

Quote Originally Posted by Dalimar View Post
    Which is the interesting question (at least for me)

If you read IV its Vers>Crit, If plug my stats into Geo's spreadsheet, It values Vers slightly higher than Crit.

If i go to AmR and upload my current gear set, it goes for Crit>Vers.

In our first raid last night, i wasn't particularly impressed with my current healing output, which thanks to poor luck most of the loot i have gathered from Mythics has been lacking vers, so im crit stacked.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely although i think by and large i've forgotten it a number of times purely because it just hasn't been needed.
    Geodew rank Vers ahead of crit just because of the damage reduction part, which I'm sure icy Veins doesn't consider.

Just think of it as Vers = Crit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarimonk View Post
    - Versatility will however, with it's combined +healing and -Damage Taken be the better stat on progress. (but only by very little to crit)
    More or less, the more stat you stack, the more DR you'll hit, so balance both stats is the best you can do given they are pretty much equals.

Also, crit right now is RNG, while versatility isn't.. so hps depends of your luck basically.

Plus since you have no personal CD, the versatility is very useful for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Why can't people agree on stat prio for raids? Are they really competitive? Just looking through the thread shows like 5 different prios.
    Pretty sure everybody said to look for items with Crit and Versatility for raids.

Ignore the other stats..

Check for Floopa's post, past 5% haste, don't even bother with it right now... it's not worth it... and that is only if you spec Mana Tea.. personally I don't, I use Focused Thunder (mostly because I keep forgetting I have MT talented lol)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mastashifu-khaz View Post
    What are the MW stat weights for both Raid and Mythic+? For the life of my I can't find them..
    Mythic+ should be Mastery/Haste. for Raids it's Vers/Crit.

It's put it this way... the more people in your group, the less mastery and haste are efficient.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    I don't think even Blizzard can agree on our stat prio. Not a single monk legendary has versatility on it, however it seems to be either number 1 or 2 on our stat prio in general.
    The other thing to take into account is that we have varying playstyles. For the sake of argument lets call the 'in melee, dpsing mob and gaining mana through spirit of the crane and resets of TfT through rising thunder' playstyle 'fistweaving' - then your stat priority will be different to that of the monk who isn't taking those talents, and to complicate matters even more, take into account that mythic+ and raids will require different stat prio for sure.
    When Blizzard said they would be removing fistweaving from monks, I personally was overjoyed. However they failed in removing that playstyle and gave us talents, legendaries and artifact traits that actually promote it. I'm one of those monks who is a little peeved about this, but hey, we persevere.
    In short, no, you won't get monks agreeing on stat prio until we are either defined as fistweaver or mistweaver.

Honestly, I feel the best solution to Sheilun's Gift is that - instead of the clouds coming to our character, they fly to the hurt target. It's a channeled spell (maybe move it to 2s or so) and each cloud heals for 150k or whatever the coefficient is. If you stop mid-channel, the leftover clouds remain.

This way you can start the healing immediately but if they get topped off, save some clouds and build charges faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspear View Post
    Honestly, I feel the best solution to Sheilun's Gift is that - instead of the clouds coming to our character, they fly to the hurt target. It's a channeled spell (maybe move it to 2s or so) and each cloud heals for 150k or whatever the coefficient is. If you stop mid-channel, the leftover clouds remain.

This way you can start the healing immediately but if they get topped off, save some clouds and build charges faster.
    I actually love this idea.

Deleted
    Sheilun's gift would be more interesting if it worked like the old Chi Explosions. The more clouds the more stuff it do but bit more limited.

Mastery is indeed strong for 5mans, equiped 2 850 intel / mastery trinkets instead of horn and 850 intel / crit. It made lot of diffrence in the tank healing. But haste isnt really a stat Im looking for much. Changed gear arround so running 307% mastery in 5mans now.
    Last edited by mmocdf23fc3447; 2016-09-23 at 12:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Sheilun's gift would be more interesting if it worked like the old Chi Explosions. The more clouds the more stuff it do but bit more limited.
    Chi Explo..what? I refuse to remember that spell...

That aside, has anyone healed cenarius heroic yet? When looking at hps rankings a lot of people seem to make extensive use of vivify. However, damage seems to be coming in on a steady pace and I pretty much always had enough targets in range for EF (we ran as a 30man group) which resulted in EF doing >50% of my total healing. Basically I just spammed EF and only used vivify after a ReM proc or TFT up. Is there something I'm missing here? Is it maybe worth using Vivify on targets with EF hot over just channelling another EF to make use of the mastery (however small amounts of it we may have)? If my math is correct this should put Vivify over EF hpm wise, at least when not talented for RJW...
    Also, people seemed to be spread most of the time but I am also considering using RJW just for the 20% buff (the healing it does is a nice bonus ofc). Any thoughts/ideas?
    Last edited by mmoc797d593e11; 2016-09-23 at 12:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nace View Post
    Chi Explo..what? I refuse to remember that spell...
    Consumes up to 4 Chi to cause the target to explode with Chi energy, causing additional effects based on Chi consumed:

1+ Chi: Heals an ally for (170% of Spell power) plus (170% of Spell power) per Chi consumed.
    2+ Chi: Causes an additional 50% healing over 6 sec.
    3+ Chi: This healing is evenly divided among all allies within 8 yards of the target.
    4 Chi: Also summons 8 Healing Spheres in an 8 yard radius ring around the target that last 15 sec.

Considering its stacking to 12 able to cast 3 in a row would be interesting.

So is Essence Font still worth casting if I don't utilize the mastery bonus? Also should I worry about overlapping the HoT when I cast it with only ~6 people in range?

heres my logs from 3 bosses we killed i was at around 350k hps but died around last 10% on bear boss as no 1 left to stack haha i saved at least 15-20% mana left each fight so wasnt going balls on the wall. im crymonk https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...yN34/#fight=21

Quote Originally Posted by Aylied View Post
    So is Essence Font still worth casting if I don't utilize the mastery bonus? Also should I worry about overlapping the HoT when I cast it with only ~6 people in range?
    if you're using EF you should be talenting into RJW and just using RJW + ReM as your main heals and throwing EF when damage requires it (EF should have almost 0% overhealing)

Hi Mistweavers,

Can someone please look at my logs from last night? I've recently swapped mains from a Holy Priest (and Holy Pala in WoD) to Monk and just looking for some clarification.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&type=healing

Having compared to most other monks, it seems that most of my healing came from Vivify, whereas other Monks have high uptime on ReM and EnvM (and even Revival, but I don't have that golden dragon yet).

Was running alongside a Holy Paladin and Resto Druid, so most of the single target healing was already covered before I could burst them back up with EnvM and/or SG. I rarely ran in to mana issues, popping a mana pot or Arcane Torrent when required.

Seldom used EF, as I didn't want to go OOM, but it was useful to cast when the entire raid was low and I needed to get them back up with a buffed Vivify (along with EF dot). Cenarius was quite hectic!

Overall, I seemed to come top HPS (except Nythendra as it didn't seem to log my stats as I was Fistweaving quite a lot!?).

Just wondering why I ended up using Viv so much over the other spells that most Monks are parsing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspear View Post

I really like this idea. It's like a super-powered soothing mist. You'd be able to use up however many stacks/clouds as you need and not waste the rest on overheal.