Deleted
    Are monks supposed to do way less damage compared to the other tanks ( in prepatch and in legion)? Tanked with a DK tonight and he was destroying me in almost every fight.Threat was also an issue especially in aoe

How much info is there about legendaries? I think the zen med legendary is super cool. I know the drop rate increases the longer you spend without getting one but is it still really low? I'm kinda wanting another button or two to push and zen med as a great cd would be awesome. Also, are they going to be upgradeable/bis the whole expansion or will they get replaced/become obsolete after a tier. The BM legendaries as a whole look really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eversor21 View Post
    Are monks supposed to do way less damage compared to the other tanks ( in prepatch and in legion)? Tanked with a DK tonight and he was destroying me in almost every fight.Threat was also an issue especially in aoe
    My Pally Co-Tank consistently rips everything in a group off of me except the one I'm targeting. It's obnoxious. I've even had him pull the hulks on Kilrogg off of me once or twice after I pick them up, and that's from his aoe alone, after I've provoke+keg smashed them. At the end of a fight I typically still end up slightly ahead damagewise on the meters though.

Everyone will get one, pretty easily. There is some sort of drop chance increase until you get that one. After that, it's probably gonna be a long time to see another one - so expect to be stuck with whatever the legendary the RNGsus blesses you with first, for quite a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

small fun storie on the side.

i was farming Mogu'shan Vaults when i waas pinned down by the for king's Rain of Arrow.
    since no one was there to kill the arrow i was stuck the whole 10 minutes of the fight. my t18 bonus, GotO and HE kept me alive the whole time until the enrage.
    and since i was stunned, i couldn't dodge. so Mastery was stacking up and up to 3072% dodge chance. There it stops stacking, or DejasCharacterStats couldnt show more, dont know. Anyway it was quit fun to watch myself stunned and unable to do anything to reset the encounter

besides that, we managed to kill archi mythic last night and tbh, after i calmed down with my rotation and dont panic drink all my brews, i felt quit save tanking anything (we are not the greatest guild so relying on healers issnt alwys secured ). the changes to BoS seems to only have an effect on Blackout Combo or on those who try to get every last bit of DPS. Honastly i didnt felt any difference

Quote Originally Posted by Stalks View Post
    How much info is there about legendaries? I think the zen med legendary is super cool. I know the drop rate increases the longer you spend without getting one but is it still really low? I'm kinda wanting another button or two to push and zen med as a great cd would be awesome. Also, are they going to be upgradeable/bis the whole expansion or will they get replaced/become obsolete after a tier. The BM legendaries as a whole look really interesting.
    Out of the 8-person group I've been playing with on beta, two of us have gotten legendaries, both the same day, after about 7 days of hardcore play after beta began. The other 6 haven't gotten a single one in the same amount of hardcore play (almost 30 days played).

The two players that have gotten one have not gotten a second in 15-20ish more days played.
    Last edited by stross01; 2016-08-01 at 03:33 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    @Arcurio you can evade the rain of arrows ability thats how i got my firsts 25 man solos

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    @Arcuri you can evade the rain of arrows ability thats how i got my firsts 25 man solos
    i know, and i did it allready. but dont know what happend that time. i was running the whole fight, rolling all over the place and still got cought every time at the edge of the volley. honestly no idea what went wrong. but it was funny in its own way

Quote Originally Posted by arcuro View Post
    besides that, we managed to kill archi mythic last night and tbh, after i calmed down with my rotation and dont panic drink all my brews, i felt quit save tanking anything (we are not the greatest guild so relying on healers issnt alwys secured ). the changes to BoS seems to only have an effect on Blackout Combo or on those who try to get every last bit of DPS. Honastly i didnt felt any difference
    Massive grats! That must be such a feeling, all that work -and so close to Legion it must taste so sweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what they intended for BoS animation. From what I have tested it generally seems to be a right-to-left swing for most races/genders. But for Blood Elf male (polearm special since TBC IIRC).

Why generic swing for most and "unique" animation for some?
    Last edited by keqe; 2016-08-01 at 09:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    I wonder what they intended for BoS animation. From what I have tested it generally seems to be a right-to-left swing for most races/genders. But for Blood Elf male (polearm special since TBC IIRC).

Why generic swing for most and "unique" animation for some?
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=18#post-352

I posted this with, obviously, no response.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=18#post-352

I posted this with, obviously, no response.
    To be honest I much prefer the "wrong" animation Belf Male has. Much more interesting than a generic swing (which is supposed to be "correct"?)

Compare:
    Belf Male: https://gfycat.com/GloomyPertinentAndeancondor
    Belf Female: https://gfycat.com/FloweryJovialHomalocephale (same animation as every other race/gender I tested)

I'd be quite sad if they "fix" this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

I'd prefer the Staff on Shoulder approach for all race/sex/staves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3xu...outu.be&t=1535

But for now, it only works with the Artifact weapons and just part of race/sex combos.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

I like the Blackout Strike animation more than anything they've added to the game in a while except for Rampage.

Right across the face!

I thought they pushed the GCD floor down to 0.75s for all classes, but logs are showing that to not be the case.

Guess it got reverted somewhere along the line? Or maybe only some specs get it

Trying out Brewmaster and it feels...I dunno, I feel like I'm not doing something right. Maybe it's just the ability pruning getting to my head or something. Read a couple guides, set up weak auras, etc. but I'm just left with a feeling of "wait, is this really all I can do to lower my damage taken?"

With the removal of Chi and pruning of abilities, I'm left feeling like I'm not hitting all the abilities that I'm supposed to.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-08-01 at 01:15 PM.

Can someone post the formula for how much overall damage reduction you get per point of Mastery? I can't seem to figure this out for the life of me and several others seem to have it figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    Can someone post the formula for how much overall damage reduction you get per point of Mastery? I can't seem to figure this out for the life of me and several others seem to have it figured out.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post41419721
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post41413824

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    I thought they pushed the GCD floor down to 0.75s for all classes, but logs are showing that to not be the case.

Guess it got reverted somewhere along the line? Or maybe only some specs get it
    every specc got a GCD of 1.5 seconds, lowered by haste with a minimum GCD of 0.75 with 100% haste
    expect all energy speccs (BrM, WW, Feral, all rogues), those have a GCD of 1sec unchangable

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Trying out Brewmaster and it feels...I dunno, I feel like I'm not doing something right. Maybe it's just the ability pruning getting to my head or something. Read a couple guides, set up weak auras, etc. but I'm just left with a feeling of "wait, is this really all I can do to lower my damage taken?"

With the removal of Chi and pruning of abilities, I'm left feeling like I'm not hitting all the abilities that I'm supposed to.

yeah at first it feels wired because we ware used to OP Guard all the time.
    my advise: hit the DD dummy (NOT THE TANK DUMMY!) and try to train hitting your damage spells for a couple of minutes to get used to pressing all those spells in roughly the correct order. find your rythm of weathing between BoS, TP, KS and BoF (RJW if skilled)
    if you are confortable with the new CDs of those skills, mix ISB in it without useing all stacks, meaning leave 1 stack all the time while trying to maintain the ISB buff as long as possible

it took several minutes of mindlessly hitting the dummy but for me it healped million times to muscle memory the new skill system. and realy after like hitting the dummy for 15-30 minutes i felt much better with MY rotation. SO i recomend to give it a try this way.

and dont bother the tank dummy, it doesent help to get wrecked at it if you try to lern the new BRM!

So how exactly is mastery better than versatility? Versatility atm gives 1% dr for 260 statpoints