Thread: 3 Women Leaders

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think the notion that their gender still gets brought up, essentially tells you that there is still something there. I won't call it inequality or anything like that, but it is still something where their gender gets put forward as something of importance, when that really shouldn't be when they are a politician, a job where such a thing is unimportant.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    "Auferstanden aus Ruinen und der zukinft zugewand..."
    Don't count us out just yet.
    We will only have to see Merkel for another year but that's still ANOTHER YEAR with Merkel.
    I love the German people. I love their culture, heritage and country.

It is just sad to see the consistent reports of a leadership that seemingly is bent on destroying that culture, heritage and country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It is like saying that Obama being the POTUS means the US no longer has racism. Nope, doesn't work that way!
    But thats not the way Feminism works.

The core teaching of modern-day Feminism is that women are being held back by men in society, that something called the Patriarchy exists and that holds women back. Surely in a day where three of the most powerful nations are being run by women proves that the Patriarchy is a load of bullshit right?

Basically individuals can achieve whatever they like on merit and these 3 women are living proof of that. Therefore the Patriarchy doesnt exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Merkel in my opinion has destroyed Germany.

Hillary Clinton is one of the most corrupt person to ever run for office.
    pretty sure this guy beat her to it....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-07-20 at 02:45 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I can't wait to be called a sexist every time I disagree with her on a core issue that goes against my ideology that I had before she was elected. Kind of like with Obama...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    But thats not the way Feminism works.

The core teaching of modern-day Feminism is that women are being held back by men in society, that something called the Patriarchy exists and that holds women back. Surely in a day where three of the most powerful nations are being run by women proves that the Patriarchy is a load of bullshit right?

Basically individuals can achieve whatever they like on merit and these 3 women are living proof of that. Therefore the Patriarchy doesnt exist.
    Well, you were talking about core teachings of feminism, not about what most self-proclaimed feminists follow today.

The fact that everyone can achieve anything doesn't say much of anything. Hundreds years ago, in an ultra-sexist medieval society, Joan of Arc managed to become essentially the most influential person in France, maybe short of the king. So yes, technically a woman back then also could achieve anything. Would it be as easy for her to do that as for a man? Nah.

That said, "patriarchy" is nonsense, of course. And we have gotten quite far away from medieval times; Hillary or Angela definitely aren't held back much by their sex.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    doesnt that prove that the core teachings of Feminism are totally incorrect?
    "Poverty is serious issue in the United States."

"Ummmm, not it's not. Look at all these rich people."
    Eat yo vegetables

If you ask anyone who is likely to particularly vocal about wanting to see female leaders they will likely not be all that enthusiastic about the appointment of Theresa May as Prime Minister. Much like they probably weren't all that keen on Thatcher either.

See, May and Thatcher may be women, but they're not the right kind of women, they're right wing women. People that are particularly vocal about a desire for female leaders will rarely be fond of right wingers. Regardless of gender.

Well, you were talking about core teachings of feminism, not about what most self-proclaimed feminists follow today.

The fact that everyone can achieve anything doesn't say much of anything. Hundreds years ago, in an ultra-sexist medieval society, Joan of Arc managed to become essentially the most influential person in France, maybe short of the king. So yes, technically a woman back then also could achieve anything. Would it be as easy for her to do that as for a man? Nah.

That said, "patriarchy" is nonsense, of course. And we have gotten quite far away from medieval times; Hillary or Angela definitely aren't held back much by their sex.
    There is a fantastic joke there about Monica and Hillary but I'm not going to chase it.

Edit: fuck it, yeah I will

I think it was Bill who was held back by Hillary's sex. Yeah, I said it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    There is a fantastic joke there about Monica and Hillary but I'm not going to chase it.

Edit: fuck it, yeah I will

I think it was Bill who was held back by Hillary's sex. Yeah, I said it.
    Speaking of which, I am worried about Hillary assuming the office the third time: it goes against the constitution!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Speaking of which, I am worried about Hillary assuming the office the third time: it goes against the constitution!
    Nice!

I will say this, no matter who gets elected, buy stock in newspaper ink.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    If you ask anyone who is likely to particularly vocal about wanting to see female leaders they will likely not be all that enthusiastic about the appointment of Theresa May as Prime Minister. Much like they probably weren't all that keen on Thatcher either.

See, May and Thatcher may be women, but they're not the right kind of women, they're right wing women. People that are particularly vocal about a desire for female leaders will rarely be fond of right wingers. Regardless of gender.
    Is that much different from people that want a strong male leader, but don't want it to be left wing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Is that much different from people that want a strong male leader, but don't want it to be left wing?
    People are generally more concerned with political stance than gender. Regardless of what they claim. They say they want or don't want a particular gender as their leader, but in reality that doesn't really affect them. Policy does affect them, so in the end that's what most people actually look for in a leader. Policies that they agree with.

Just look around this thread. People liking and disliking Merkel not based on gender, but on policy (or perceived policy sometimes).
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-07-20 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had our first female prime minister before last election, and that wasn't a success. Luckily she's no longer in politics.

Deleted

Agreed... although it is worth mentioning that the reason Joan of Arc become so powerful was because of prophecy. The religious Christians in France had prophesised that a virgin girl would lead their armies... she came along at the right time basically! lol

But ofc society hasnt always held women back in the West, its total bullcrap. Here in the UK Boudicea was the leader of the British tribes against the Romans and she was a woman

In a world where there will be more women leaders than men in the top 5 financial countries on the planet its a joke to pretend that Patriarchy exists... this is the norm not an exception.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    We had our first female prime minister before last election, and that wasn't a success. Luckily she's no longer in politics.
    Now I am curious, what is a successful prime minister in this country?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Now I am curious, what is a successful prime minister in this country?
    Hard to say, but being boo'ed off the stage by her own party supporters seems like a place to start to shape up on. She spent 95% of her campaign of saying how bad the politics of VKO were, yet continued to follow the same foot print (well except DF policies) once her clueless followers voted her in. Ah well, at least she cant make big decisions for Denmark with her new desk job at Save the Children.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    Hard to say, but being boo'ed off the stage by her own party supporters seems like a place to start to shape up on. She spent 95% of her campaign of saying how bad the politics of VKO were, yet continued to follow the same foot print (well except DF policies) once her clueless followers voted her in. Ah well, at least she cant make big decisions for Denmark with her new desk job at Save the Children.
    As someone that is in opposition, I can't help but to find what she did was okay, like she didn't put us into debt just to fulfill promises, she took on the school system, she kept the other more left leaning parties from opening our borders like Sweden did, she actually had policies that most of the spectrum could vote yes on. There is plenty to criticizes about her, but in perspective of the times and what resources she actually had on hand, I'd said she was decent enough, for a social demokrat

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I don't know about other two, but merkel fucked up. A big time. Hopefully she will clean up before she loses her position.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    This was sooooo close to actually being a good thread...and then you had to go on to feminism slamming.

Ya know what, I'm not even going to bother.
    My thoughts exactly haha.