Deleted

Looking to reroll Lock

Im thinking about rerolling from a Shaman to an Warlock, but i had some questions about it.

How easy is it to play a Warlock? (Compared to an Elemental Shaman)
    Is being a Warlock fun? (Cause atm, a Shaman is the complete opposite)
    Would it be wise to even reroll, since i have no Ring, and my gear on my Shaman, is much, much better.
    What is the easiest Warlock spec?

I have played Warlocks in the past. Mainly in TBC/Wrath. I was Destruction then. I decided to reroll to Shaman in Cataclysm, because i didn't like thew new Destruction.

I don't like many Dots, so Affliction is probably out of the question, unless they changed that spec.

Deleted
    Honestly, if you don't like DoTs, you are probably better off playing a Fire Mage.

Affli is DoTs
    Demo is glorified DoTs with bad pet AI

And Destro is so mind-bogglingly boring and RNG that it's just not enjoyable right now. I blame pruning the class for 3 expansions in a row.

Since you play Ele, I'd assume you like throwing tons of big bolts of molten stuff at people during Ascendance. Fire Mage is the closest you'll find in other classes to that, since you constantly proc Pyroblasts and throw them at faces.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you do not like managing dots then you already start on left foot because of Affliction. New Demonology is also consisting of a lot of small damage events with occasional big nuke with Doom and TKC in Legion.

Destruction is direct damage mostly which I think you like, but it also has pets and potentially best spec of it revolves around managing DoT and I think you don't like it.

In short, hard to say, I can't get into your head and understand what you really want, from little info I got - you want a lot of big direct damage nukes and no dots management and I suspect you are not a big fan of pets either. If that is so, then Mage is best option for you, two out of three specs there are pure direct damage nuking with optional pet for one of them and the third spec does make use of a DoT, but it's passively applied through direct damage nuking and changed in Legion so you do not have to manage it really.

Warlocks on the other hand, one way or another will always have dots and often will have pets to deal with on top of that.

- - - Updated - - -

A remark, do not base your decision on doom and gloom posts, remember it's prepatch time, so it's "that time of the month" in the forums where all the trolls and trollettes come out out from under their bridge in force trying to convince the sky is falling.

Be smarter than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    And Destro is so mind-bogglingly boring and RNG that it's just not enjoyable right now. I blame pruning the class for 3 expansions in a row.
    There's actually quite a bit of complexity in Destro's talent selection, providing lots of opportunity for min-maxing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    There's actually quite a bit of complexity in Destro's talent selection, providing lots of opportunity for min-maxing damage.
    And Lord of Flames is the most hilarious shit ever. Every 10 mins you get your own Burning Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually one thing I love about Legion Destruction at 110 is the ungodly burst window it can produce by chaining rifts, Lord of Flame and Chaos Bolt spam. Heck CoC proc from artifact makes Conflag become a mini instant Chaos Bolt too.

My dungeon runs in Beta on boss pull I pop all my shit and usually first half a minute I dust everyone on meters including all the FOTMs. Then I start to run out of steam, but if I can abuse Wreck Havoc or just Havoc enough - usually I will top simply because encounter will end before the FOTMs get to catch up.