Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Why they would rob a McDonald's is beyond me, considering that is one of the most affluent regions in the world and has shops catering to billionaires in it. Selfridges is a couple of hundred yards away, they could have got something far more appetising in the foodhall there than a Big Mac.
    Kalis.

Stupid. American. Ideas. Don't look for sense or reason. You'll go nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Kalis.

Stupid. American. Ideas. Don't look for sense or reason. You'll go nuts.
    Even stupid American ideas need to accept geography exists, even if Yanks are generally unaware of the concept.

Why they would rob a McDonald's is beyond me, considering that is one of the most affluent regions in the world and has shops catering to billionaires in it. Selfridges is a couple of hundred yards away, they could have got something far more appetising in the foodhall there than a Big Mac.
    Probably going to spend more effort finding them if they steal hundreds of thousands of pounds of clothes/jewelry as opposed to a couple of big macs and a chicken legend...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Probably going to spend more effort finding them if they steal hundreds of thousands of pounds of clothes/jewelry as opposed to a couple of big macs and a chicken legend...
    Selfridge's foodhall has food in it, the clue is in the name.

Even stupid American ideas need to accept geography exists, even if Yanks are generally unaware of the concept.
    Whoa, calm down. In fairly good at geography

Yes. But it also sells other stuff right? I'm not familiar with it, is the foodhall the first part you enter into?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Yes. But it also sells other stuff right? I'm not familiar with it, is the foodhall the first part you enter into?
    How would I know? I go to Fortnums.

I have a theory. As an American looter in the UK, do you take a chance on the foodhall? Or do you go to Mcdonalds, where you know EXACTLY what you'll be swiping?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Black lives matter in London, lmao talk about jumping on the bandwagon.
    They have a chapter in Toronto that blocked a gay pride parade until their demands were met.

Black people in Canada are not marginalized in any way shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    They have a chapter in Toronto that blocked a gay pride parade until their demands were met.

Black people in Canada are not marginalized in any way shape or form.
    How dare you decide black people outside of America aren't oppressed? Filthy racist.

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a theory. As an American looter in the UK, do you take a chance on the foodhall? Or do you go to Mcdonalds, where you know EXACTLY what you'll be swiping?
    They were not American looters though, they were British.

They were not American looters though, they were British.
    Really? Huh. I figured atleast a few Americans were they to actually inspire BLM stuff.

I'm at a complete loss, then. The world is a crazy place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Huh. I figured atleast a few Americans were they to actually inspire BLM stuff.

I'm at a complete loss, then. The world is a crazy place.
    No, we have homegrwon retards.

It was not a Black Lives Matter event, some people apparently started chanting Black Lives Matter, but it was an old fashioned riot.

Hyde Park is in central London, if you want to stage a music event there then you need local council authority and have all the necessary provisions in place, such as security, health & safety, etc., obviously as it was impromptu they did not have any of that and so the police came along to tell them to stop, then some people kicked off because "Fuck da po-po, you ain't my boss bumbaclot. You na tell me what ta do".

As you can tell I am an expert on Jamaican-influenced London slang from the 1980s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    What's so newsworthy about a water fight?

No, we have homegrwon retards.

It was not a Black Lives Matter event, some people apparently started chanting Black Lives Matter, but it was an old fashioned riot.

Hyde Park is in central London, if you want to stage a music event there then you need local council authority and have all the necessary provisions in place, such as security, health & safety, etc., obviously as it was impromptu they did not have any of that and so the police came along to tell them to stop, then some people kicked off because "Fuck da po-po, you ain't my boss bumbaclot. You na tell me what ta do".

As you can tell I am an expert on Jamaican-influenced London slang from the 1980s.
    I'm giving up on making any kind of sense of this, between some people chanting a stupid phrase and rioting and looting because they were halted from performing.

Edit: your imitation is spot on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's so newsworthy about a water fight?
    The riot that followed.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm giving up on making any kind of sense of this, between some people chanting a stupid phrase and rioting and looting because they were halted from performing.

Edit: your imitation is spot on.
    There is not really much sense to make of it, people got pissed off because they were not allowed to do what they want and rioted.

It was the equivalent of a toddler tantrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Black Lives Matter! And they are going to show us by stabbing Police, assaulting random people and looting McDonalds!!!!!
    All that rioting builds quite an appetite. Gotta feed 'em

I think the two may be unrelated though, as there does not seem to be anything connecting them, with the possible exception that the looting took advantage of the police having their attention elsewhere.
    Each year on Memorial Day, the Urban Festival in Miami would end it's run. The good folks would go home, happy to have enjoyed it, but the negative elements would cause trouble. When Miami Police would shut them out, they'd go North to Fort Lauderdale (60miles, give or take) to try to start MORE trouble. Obviously there might be timing issues with that, but still possible. Or as someone else said, the usual police from that area may have responded to the park and thus there was nothing to stop them. Who knows.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Each year on Memorial Day, the Urban Festival in Miami would end it's run. The good folks would go home, happy to have enjoyed it, but the negative elements would cause trouble. When Miami Police would shut them out, they'd go North to Fort Lauderdale (60miles, give or take) to try to start MORE trouble. Obviously there might be timing issues with that, but still possible. Or as someone else said, the usual police from that area may have responded to the park and thus there was nothing to stop them. Who knows.
    There was no rioting in Southwark, it was just one shop.

And there would still be police in Southwark, they may just have had to wait longer for reinforcement if resources were tied up elsewhere.

I have not seen anything reliable that links the two incidents, it seems to be that some are saying x happened and y happened, therefore x caused y, but x and y do not appear to be related.

What we know is that there was a riot in Hyde Park that spread into Marble Arch, you cannot really pin every other crime in London on that particular riot, it is a big old city.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    you can watch the video and witness the cultural enrichment!

Cultural enrichment? You say that as if black people haven't been in England for... oh at least about 60 years.