The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Which he isn't going to. He isn't going to be picking up a shovel, broom, or pump to clean up. He isn't going to help distribute supplies.

He's going to walk around having pictures taken of himself followed by dozens of similarly useless people who will take up food, water, fuel, etc. that could be better used by the people there if the useless bunch weren't there.

You wait until the situation is stabilized by the people whose job that is, then you come in and pledge stuff for rebuilding.
    Except he has. http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...nap-story.html but it is not a much covered story, esp. from the main stream media because it is a too positive story of him. The truck with the supplies is one he bought down with him there. You guys can rant and rage all you want, but this was a positive thing for Trump to do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The governor and FEMA begging the President and Clinton not to come, and all three remain within daily communication. And Trump showed up without even calling first, unloaded a truck for about 49 seconds, and was out of the state in under 24 hours after arriving.

Trump did better than nothing, but if he's really worth $10 billion (he isn't) he could give $10 million of his own personal (not campaign) funds as easily as I could give $10 of my own money. That'd have been huge. Instead, he staged a photo-op, despite specific pressure from the governor not to do exactly that.
    But he moved for 47 seconds toys from a truck to another guy 3 feet away. That's gotta be the equivalent of 10 million in Trump World.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    He blatantly lied about what the fire marshals told him. He lied and exaggerated about several things.
    I disagree with the lying part. What they told him? You mean what they told his campaign managers. Which they may not have passed on to him the way one would think they should. They did not directly tell him anything. So if any lying was going on, it was not him. He did however exaggerate. Even if he did lie, it was not in the same league as Hillary's lies.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    True.
    Watch Donald Trump Spend Exactly 49 Seconds ‘Helping Out’ Louisiana Flood Victims
    He shouldn't have been there at all, but at least he got his photo op with the Play-Doh before hauling ass.
    I apologize to Trump, I misspoke, it was actually 49 seconds not 40!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I apologize to Trump, I misspoke, it was actually 49 seconds not 40!
    He was down there for a lot longer than 49 seconds. lol! You guys crack me up sometimes.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2016-08-20 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    There was zero reason for him to physically be there though. He could have donated everything he donated without being there. I guarantee he got in the way more than he personally contributed. He could have used the money it cost him to fly down there and the money used to pay for extra security and just donated more. Him physically being there is just a net loss. It's obviously nothing more than a political stunt. Which I'm not saying it isn't an appropriate move, but if anyone actually thinks he was helpful by being there, you're delusional.

Seems like there's been a few stories circulating that Trump is actually a couple billion in debt. Or at least I believe companies he's partnered with and his companies are about 600 million in debt. I'm sure Trump will deny it and provice zero evidence to prove otherwise.
    I disagree. And no, there were some who appreciated him visiting them. Not the democratic Gov. however, or the pro Hillary voters. He did what the President should have done.

And I do not give 2 shits how much debt some of his companies are in or even how much he is worth. I only care about what he wants to do for America if he is elected President.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I disagree with the lying part. What they told him? You mean what they told his campaign managers.
    What kind of campaign is run where the managers don't tell the candidate these kind of things? Or correct him when he contradicts the truth? Even if it's not a lie, it's incompetence.

He was down there for a lot longer than 49 seconds.)
    It's true, he was in the state for almost 24 hours. Almost.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

What did Hilary lie about? Quote something.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on. You telling me you did not watch the FBI's testimony at the hearing on the investigation of her using a private home server to store classified information? If you did and then deny she had not blatantly lied, we have nothing to discuss.

- - - Updated - - -

What kind of campaign is run where the managers don't tell the candidate these kind of things? Or correct him when he contradicts the truth? Even if it's not a lie, it's incompetence.
    Good points. I do not disagree with you on them ether. He has did a recent campaign shake up and it was badly needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    He did what the President should have done.
    You think the President should have ignored the wishes of the person in charge of the state, gone anyhow, and pulled police and other civil servants off their emergency relief work? Didn't Bush go to Jackson Square, turn on the power for 10 minutes, give a speech, and leave in almost exactly the same way? Hold on, lemme find it.

EDIT: Found it. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/9314188/ns.../#.V7ji4jXwhn0
    Last edited by Breccia; 2016-08-20 at 11:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with the lying part. What they told him? You mean what they told his campaign managers. Which they may not have passed on to him the way one would think they should. They did not directly tell him anything. So if any lying was going on, it was not him. He did however exaggerate. Even if he did lie, it was not in the same league as Hillary's lies.
    That's just one example of many. Lies are a daily thing for him. He lies as easily as he breathes. He's pretty infamous for both lying about his value, the value of his investments, the profit potential to investors, etc. He BLATANTLY scammed people with Trump University. His lies are frequent and he is a pathological liar. Hillary told a tactical lie. Trump just lies because it's pathological, it's natural for him to do so.

Sure, one Trump lie is not on the level of Hillary's email lie...

But him lying daily adds up fast.

So yeah, not sure why you'd think Hillary's level of lying, which was political and tactical for her reputation, is anything close to what Trump does. If Trump is going to give a speech, or talk about the state of the union, or negotiate with foreign leaders, he's going to tell his pathological lies, and it will be far far far worse.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-08-20 at 11:02 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    You think the President should have ignored the wishes of the person in charge of the state, gone anyhow, and pulled police and other civil servants off their emergency relief work? Didn't Bush go to Jackson Square, turn on the power for 10 minutes, give a speech, and leave in almost exactly the same way? Hold on, lemme find it.
    He could have done more than just send a phone call and continue on with his round of golf.

7+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. And no, there were some who appreciated him visiting them. Not the democratic Gov. however, or the pro Hillary voters. He did what the President should have done.

And I do not give 2 shits how much debt some of his companies are in or even how much he is worth. I only care about what he wants to do for America if he is elected President.
    You mean add a burden to the very same folks still engaged in an ongoing effort to deal with the flooding? Sorry but photops are not important.

You don't give a shit about one of the planks he claims gives him the ability to be a good president? Sure you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    You think that's worse than lies Trump has told? You realize he has pending fraud cases against him, right?
    Considering it has to do with National Security, absolutely. And what some want to call Trump's lies do not understand the difference between assumptions, exaggerations and lies.

So he is guilty before the case is even over and judgement ruled?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    That's just one example of many. Lies are a daily thing for him. He lies as easily as he breathes. He's pretty infamous for both lying about his value, the value of his investments, the profit potential to investors, etc. He BLATANTLY scammed people with Trump University. His lies are frequent and he is a pathological liar. Hillary told a tactical lie. Trump just lies because it's pathological, it's natural for him to do so.

Sure, one Trump lie is not on the level of Hillary's email lie...

But him lying daily adds up fast.

So yeah, not sure why you'd think Hillary's level of lying, which was political and tactical for her reputation, is anything close to what Trump does. If Trump is going to give a speech, or talk about the state of the union, or negotiate with foreign leaders, he's going to tell his pathological lies, and it will be far far far worse.
    I understand your hatred of him. But he does not lie daily. You have yet to show me anything which was a clear lie. Only assumptions and exaggerations.

7+ Year Old Account
    He could have done more than just send a phone call and continue on with his round of golf.
    Such as? Be specific.

10+ Year Old Account
    He easily can. Hell, Trump might too. It's been a few days, anyone involved could get in on the action. Difference is, Obama is in a position to actually institute meaningful help. Trump could donate millions of dollars, highly welcome, but can't exactly mobilize the National Guard.

10+ Year Old Account
    You think that's worse than lies Trump has told? You realize he has pending fraud cases against him, right?
    Indeed he's due in court shortly after the election on criminal fraud charges from Trump Univ.

Dude doesn't give a shit about us. The guy is a scion of NYC upper crust who has lived a life of vulgarity and profuse opulence. Traded in Eastern European trophy wives several times and inherited a multi hundred million dollar business 40 years ago and is going to be the savior of the working man? Fuck that shit. The guy lives in a golden apartment a top a golden tower that bares his name... in gold.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2016-08-20 at 11:41 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Which roads were closed? How many folks did his presence harm? None of you folks complaints have details just vague fantasies of why he was a bad man doing bad things.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

I think the official jargon is "plausible deniability." That is, don't tell your boss certain things so that he can make someone else take the fall if your project goes south.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

15+ Year Old Account
    I understand your hatred of him. But he does not lie daily. You have yet to show me anything which was a clear lie. Only assumptions and exaggerations.
    No, he lied about what the fire marshal said, and his advisors were briefed. If Trump himself was no briefed, then that just shows extreme incompetence, so either Trump is incompetent or lying, you pick. He also said that they couldn't allow more people in because the fire marshals were incompetent, which is a lie, because the fire marshals couldn't allow more in BECAUSE THEY WERE DOING THEIR JOB.

Aug 18th, Trump says Hillary Clinton is proposing to print instant work permits for illegal immigrants to take jobs including those of African Americans in a desperate attempt to appeal to African Americans... clear lie.

Aug 18th, Trump says NAFTA was what caused the economic disaster in Pennsylvania, when it was many other factors, so either Trump is stupid, or lying, take your pick.

Trump claims after his comments about NATO, that they created an anti-terror division because of what he said. In reality, one position was added, and it was a position that they were planning on before Trump's comments anyway. So once again, either a lie, or stupid, take your pick.

Says Obama founded ISIS and Hillar ywas the co-founder, then doubled down on claiming they founded ISIS, and only after seeing his polls go in the shitter did he go back on that Trumpsplain.

Claims he saw the video of people taking money off the plane for Iranian hostages, when there was no video.

Claimed Hillary wanted to raise taxes on the middle class, when Hillary has done nothing but talk about taxing the ultra wealthy and corporations, meanwhile Trump talks about tax breaks for the ultra wealthy, and while he does not directly say he wants to increase taxes on the middle class, his tax plans put more of the burden of funding the government onto the middle class, effectively his own tax plan increases middle class taxes - something he blames on "crooked Hillary".

So yeah, Trump lies a lot. I could go on and on and on. And sometimes it's questionable whether it's a lie or he's just stupid. So if you want to deny that he was lying in a particular case, the alternative is that he's stupid. And you want this man for president.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-08-21 at 12:25 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Trump is in Louisiana, Obama is golfing and Hillary is mia.
    And you can tell of the 3, the 2 that LISTENED TO THE FUCKING GOVERNOR TO STAY AWAY. Simply because they couldn't afford to take people off rescue detail to close roads, to be security, and to waste fucking time with a 49 second photo op.