Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Did you go from defending sexual assault to somehow making this about Liberals not caring about a Presidential candidate making comments about sexual assault being OK because of celebrity status?

Damn you didn't just move the goal posts -- You went into an entirely different arena.
    I never once defended sexual assault. It isn't my fault you can't read for shit. But why should I be surprised that a liberal is making shit up. You all have never really been that bright.

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-10-09 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    It's also really easy to engage in statistical analysis, and realize the whole "mass immigration" thing is bullshit, but I already addressed that and you'll most likely ignore it. The whole "go see for yourself" crap based solely on anecdotal evidence has no place in policy making or political thinking.
    You can make statistics show whatever you want but just because it's a net benefit that enriches the the upper middle class and above doesn't mean that the lower classes aren't effected negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    /snip
    What a great writeup. Kudos. I agree with everything you stated.

In particular, the part about gay rights progressing so quickly is very true... gay people coming out rapidly in so many diverse demographics and social circles at once exposed many people to gay rights who would have otherwise ignored it.

Ethnic and religious minorities make slower progress, as they are usually more ghettoized than gay people are.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    When was anyone worried about their wives/daughters being molested by a trans-woman? That is some serious strawman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Xenophobia can be absolutely justified. Some communities, cultures, and economic situations can be quite fragile to "outsiders".

And it can be less costly (and more humane) to keep outsiders out then making community rugged enough to break any outsider into right mold.
    Are you seriously arguing that a country that has people and cultures from all over the world in it is suddenly going to shun those same people as "Outsiders" if they come into this country from their home countries?

What mold do you speak of? The mold where people who come into this country from others usually end up creating those communities you mentioned previously of those like themselves? Where every major city has a Chinatown...a Little Italy....a Greektown...etc.

Once again being a Xenophobe is it's own stigma....and the reasons you've listed are easily dismissed by the fact that there aren't very many cultures out there that the United States doesn't already possess in its own citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    I never once defended sexual assault. It isn't my fault you can't read for shit. But why should I be surprised that a liberal is making shit up. You all have never really been that bright.
    Dude yes you did. In fact I linked it several times where you asked a poster if they went up and kissed or stuck their hand up the skirt of someone they just met. You then proceeded to shift goal posts when called out by me and other posters. You support sexual assault...we get it...don't add being a liar to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    When was anyone worried about their wives/daughters being molested by a trans-woman? That is some serious strawman.
    Come up from under the rock once in awhile.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

The sad truth is a lot of people in the US are still very racist even after all these years.

I've observed a lot of racist behavior in college towards other students. And I've heard the horror stories from my African American friends about their vacation travels south (on the east coast). It's really disheartening how alive it still is in the US, especially as you travel south.

There's a reason why Trump brought up the birther topic recently, because he knows it'll earn him some bonus points with 'racists', even though we already have Obamas birth certificate.

When you come out and tell a population that Mexicans are rapists and criminals -- That's an action not a thought.

When you make comments that black men are thugs and deserve to die because they didn't listen -- That's an action not a thought.

When you say it's OK to sexually assault women because of your celebrity status -- That's an action not a thought.

If you think all brown people are bad...all women are whores who want to be touched by creepy old men....or that all black men are thugs who deserve to be gunned down and you keep that in your head that's a thought. You don't get punished for thinking...You suffer the consequences of your actions. Which is what Trump and his base are doing for acting on those thoughts.
    Here you are, at it again, not understanding what words actually mean. Saying thoughts does not turn them into actions. Acting on the the thoughts does. If you kill black men because you think they deserve to die, or you assault women because you think you can, those are actions.

You can't be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    So mass immigration and globalization don't have any effect on the lower classes then? I'm not one of those people but it's pretty easy to go to rural America and see the effects first hand.
    Again, you believe in the myth that illegal immigrants take U.S. citizen jobs, which has been proven false.

This is from: Immigrants Aren't Stealing American Jobs

Urban’s Maria E. Enchautegui studied a cohort of 16 million American workers without high school diplomas. She found that within this group, immigrants and native-born workers do very different jobs. In fact, she writes that native and immigrant workers at this level of education are much more dissimilar when it comes to their role in the job market than are workers at other levels of educational attainment. Here’s how she summarizes these results and their implication in a blog post:
    These findings suggest that immigrants and native workers with low levels of education may be competing for different jobs and even could be complementing each other. Immigration status can constrain a worker’s job choices, but many immigrants are working different jobs from natives because they have limited English language or technical skills, or because they have insufficient exposure to the US workplace. If undocumented immigrants become authorized to work in the United States, that still may not be enough to increase competition with natives for low-skilled jobs.
    http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...n-jobs/433158/

Basically the anecdotal evidence is that US citizens are not working agriculture and service jobs that would barely pay minimum or barely above wage.

Plus there is no question it is pure xenophobia. For some reason Trump and other never blame the businesses or employers that hire illegals or would actually pay a living wage to a U.S. citizen. It is much easier to attack a group that has no political power.

10+ Year Old Account
    There were countless threads on it on these very forums a few months ago. Remember the "bathroom bill"?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

[QUOTE=Captain N;42724757
    Dude yes you did. In fact I linked it several times where you asked a poster if they went up and kissed or stuck their hand up the skirt of someone they just met. You then proceeded to shift goal posts when called out by me and other posters. You support sexual assault...we get it...don't add being a liar to it.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I commented on that, multiple times. You just refuse to read anything other than what your bias wants you to see. I never said anything about force, or about unwanted touching, also, you're the only one here who seems to think that "just met" = "just saw for the very first time 10 seconds ago". People who "just met" hook up all the time. That is life. You are trying to make my comment into something it's not to slander me, because that is how you operate. It shows how ignorant you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here you are, at it again, not understanding what words actually mean. Saying thoughts does not turn them into actions. Acting on the the thoughts does. If you kill black men because you think they deserve to die, or you assault women because you think you can, those are actions.
    Do you even know what you're arguing about? When you verbalize your racist, xenophobic, and sexist thoughts you have committed an action. It's no longer a thought....You've made a stance that this is what you believe in and you're making it public.

Dude, I commented on that, multiple times. You just refuse to read anything other than what your bias wants you to see. I never said anything about force, or about unwanted touching, also, you're the only one here who seems to think that "just met" = "just saw for the very first time 10 seconds ago". People who "just met" hook up all the time. That is life. You are trying to make my comment into something it's not to slander me, because that is how you operate. It shows how ignorant you are.
    It was your quote don't play the victim now. Putting your hands up someone's skirt you just met...Is sexual assault. You changed your story to people dancing in a club after being called out by multiple posters. The only person who has an issue with what he says is You..because you supported Trump's sexual assault and now are trying to back peddle out of it by lying.
    Last edited by Captain N; 2016-10-09 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    You can't be serious.
    I'm deadly serious. Can you find me an article where someone small group of ignorant people articulated this point? Probably. Are you trying to claim that Republicans as a whole think that sexual assault was going to occur by trans people on their loved ones inside a public bathroom? That sounds kinda like a strawman.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Can you be more specific about which areas these are? My experience is the opposite, with anti-black racism seeming strongest in Southern states such as Mississippi where people have the most experience with blacks. People from super-duper white communities, in my personal experience, often pride themselves on being non-racist or even anti-racist.

I'm sure we could find some data one way or the other. Just speaking on personal experience though.
    It's hard to quantify but its more that just looking at specific states. Yes the southern states tend to have the bigger amounts of more overt racists but also have a huge black communities. The thing I'm trying to narrow it down to is... how much intermingling do these communities have? Like I said, this is all opinion on my part with little in the way of facts to back it up and solely my own anecdotal experiences to go on. But say you have a town in in a Mississippi, does that town have a "black" part of town and a "white" part of town? Sure they may all meet on main street when shopping and such, but how many of them are friends with each other? How many of them care about each other? That's kinda what I am trying to get at.

Do you even know what you're arguing about? When you verbalize your racist, xenophobic, and sexist thoughts you have committed an action. It's no longer a thought....You've made a stance that this is what you believe in and you're making it public.
    Except our legal system completely disagrees with you. You go to prison for committing illegal actions, not verbalizing your consent for illegal actions. Seriously, you need to stop talking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Oh okay but wanting to kill them is okay as long as you don't actually do it. You're like Trump in the last debate, "Guys, you should be proud of me for the words I DIDN'T say."
    What does "okay" mean? Is it legal? Yes, it is legal. Does it make you a douche bag for saying those things out loud, or even thinking them? Yes, it does. You need to learn to stick to a point and defend/attack it. You people love to jump around conflating all sorts of different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    When there was a whole debacle about target using gender neutral bathrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Duval View Post
    The sad truth is a lot of people in the US are still very racist even after all these years.

I've observed a lot of racist behavior in college towards other students. And I've heard the horror stories from my African American friends about their vacation travels south (on the east coast). It's really disheartening how alive it still is in the US, especially as you travel south.

There's a reason why Trump brought up the birther topic recently, because he knows it'll earn him some bonus points with 'racists', even though we already have Obamas birth certificate.
    Oh come on in Europe they chant racist slogans at football matches and have all kinds of incidents and in the us blm morons scream to kill whites.

It goes both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    There were countless threads on it on these very forums a few months ago. Remember the "bathroom bill"?
    So there were threads by a bunch of ignorant people talking about what a few individuals were caught saying out loud? Was this a Republican party position, that trans people will molest females if allowed in the same public bathroom? Do you not see how you all sound just as silly as anyone who ever made that claim? You're all a bunch of children.

Can you find me an article where someone small group of ignorant people articulated this point?
    How about GOP sponsored bills? Or are a few states not representative enough of the GOP's stance?