Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

CNN Earns Title of Least Trusted Cable News Network

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...n_to_fox_first

Most voters turn to cable news for political coverage, and Fox News remains the top channel for these viewers. But voters still remain dubious of much of the political news they are getting.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that, in a typical week, 75% of Likely U.S. Voters say they watch cable news networks for their political news at least occasionally. That includes 21% who say they do so several times a week and 25% who watch every day. Twenty-four percent (24%) say they rarely or never watch cable news networks for politics.
    Among those who tune in to cable news networks at least occasionally, 42% say Fox News is the channel they generally watch, compared to 35% who turn to CNN and 19% who prefer MSNBC. These findings, too, are little changed from last year.

Among cable news network viewers who watch Fox News most often, 50% say they trust the political news they are getting. That compares to 43% of MSNBC viewers and just 33% who tune in mostly to CNN.

They're full of shit and everyone knows it. I haven't watched TV in years and this is why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    They're full of shit and everyone knows it. I haven't watched TV in years and this is why.
    They are. As is every other mainstream media outlet these days. And when they're not, all they're doing is expanding on stories that Joe Public releases first on twitter.

They're a dying breed and they know it. That's why even Fox News defended CNN after Trump called them fake news. They know they are just as guilty of the same shit and just as irrelevant.

Among cable news network viewers who watch Fox News most often, 50% say they trust the political news they are getting. That compares to 43% of MSNBC viewers and just 33% who tune in mostly to CNN.
    But what do the viewers of each channel think of the other channels?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

This is a laughably poor metric. Even with the results, it proves absolutely nothing. It needs to be on a rank basis over all networks, not just people who watch one thing.

lol Fox is seen as 50% trustworthy?

I wonder what the age range for this study is.

Not that I particularly like CNN or MSNBC (or Fox), this smells of bullshit ten different ways, and seems to just feed into the conspiratorial spin that Trump keeps trying to insist so that he can punish people who don't toe his line.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I thought polls were all bullshit

Oh, you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Fun fact - least trusted doesn't mean least biased, or least professional.

I mean seriously, Fox news is the most biased main stream media there is - and they are trusted by half the country.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to say "Well, that's not surprising!"

And then I saw the source. And then I realized I was suffering from confirmation bias.

Screw these polls.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I mean...
    Most of the Media is bullshit anyway, but linking a "source" that is not reputable is not really all that helpful anyway.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

A well deserved title.

Edit: I did in fact read that wrong, ne'ermind

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to sit here and giggle at the most biased polling company having the balls to call something else the most untrustworthy.

Rasmussen is well known for being incredibly biased to the right. Their polls are almost always 2-5% conservative leaning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get all my news from Twitter and buzzfeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    lol Fox is seen as 50% trustworthy?

I wonder what the age range for this study is.

Not that I particularly like CNN or MSNBC (or Fox), this smells of bullshit ten different ways, and seems to just feed into the conspiratorial spin that Trump keeps trying to insist so that he can punish people who don't toe his line.
    the only people who have time to sit on their asses to watch fox news all day are 65+ year olds
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

I assumed they polled a bunch of old people who watch Fox News. That channel is so biased that it's nauseating.

CNN is news-lite which is why it's not the most trusted among liberals. If you want more in-depth coverage then several news outlets do a better job.

I haven't read anything from CNN that is blatantly biased, I *have* read some blatantly biased news from sources like the New York Times however. They've been posting articles on Hillary's 2016 run for president since about four years ago.

TL,DR: conservatives prefer one news network, liberals prefer several.

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    It's just as reliable. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I assumed they polled a bunch of old people who watch Fox News. That channel is so biased that it's nauseating.

CNN is news-lite which is why it's not the most trusted among liberals. If you want more in-depth coverage then several news outlets do a better job.

I haven't read anything from CNN that is blatantly biased, I *have* read some blatantly biased news from sources like the New York Times however. They've been posting articles on Hillary's 2016 run for president since about four years ago.

TL,DR: conservatives prefer one news network, liberals prefer several.
    I was thinking that they polled the viewers / supporters of CBN (Christian Broadcasting Network).
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Deleted
    So people that watch CNN is actually more skeptical and hence smarter, better looking and better smelling than those evil conservatives that watch FOX news that just gobbles up the lies.

Am I doing this political identity thing right?

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    I get all mine from my bartender. Some juicy stuff!

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I get all mine from my bartender. Some juicy stuff!
    I hear Susan got drunk and started blabbing again.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I get all my news through witchcraft and chanting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.