Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They don't have sexual assault in Canada.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I was taught no means yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Then why can't a 15yo for example have consensual sex with someone of +20yo?

Seems like a double standard to me.
    That depends on the LAWS of the country you're in.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    and yes means anal

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    Groping is not serious? Seriously?
    Indeed. If every kid under the age of 21 got arrested and charged with sexual assault every time they were guilty of some unwanted groping, you'd see a disturbingly large number of men in jail (30%? 50%? Think about those college dance parties where everyone gets drunk for the first time then goes on a crowded dance floor, with hookups happening left and right). In reality most of that goes unpunished and that's fine with me. Boys learn. Once you're an adult, it's different.

This guy went beyond normal groping so he deserves some punishment, but I tend to think it's something that the school's disciplinary structure can handle. Putting him on trial seems pretty extreme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    A 15 year old knows very well the concept of consent, personal space, and touching someone, and whether they choose to ignore it or not is their choice.
    They do, but they aren't yet capable of making mature decisions. It's a very fraught time because they have an adult's body but are completely incapable of making adult decisions. A 5 year old also knows intellectually that hitting someone is bad, but they do it anyway, all the time. Should they go to jail too?
    Last edited by Scrod; 2016-07-28 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    In a few cultures, nodding means "no" and shaking head means "yes". Might be hard to figure out whether you are being given consent or not there!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...sion-1.3694814

People need to wise up about consent. It's pretty clear cut as to what it is.
    If she says no it means stop.
    No means yes. Yes means anal. /thread

Deleted
    i think even rapists know that no means no, i just think they dnt fucking care

Quote Originally Posted by Tram View Post
    Seeing what feminism have done to society here in the west makes me regret not taking all the drunk girls that did grop my big but all the time when i was drunk to court i could have made a living out of it.

and the times girls were pushing for sex when i was not in mood.
    Maybe you should have. This farce of a trial would look ludicrous in light of it. If we're going to start ruining the lives of all young men and women everywhere by labeling them as sex offenders for some unwanted groping, I'm seriously concerned for what happens next. This is a punishable offense, but a trial, and potentially ruining his life forever over it is NOT a punishment which fits this action. Not by a long shot.

The brain of a 20 year old isn't fully developed either
    It's not even just whether "the brain is developed" it's also about experience, about understanding social norms, what's acceptable and what's not. 15 year olds are far, far from being capable of doing that.

Groping is not serious? Seriously?
    When 15? No.. The shit that went on in my school when I was 15 was insane.. It was a mess of hormones and grabby hands, it was also equal, plenty of girls grabbing arses etc

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Maybe you should have. This farce of a trial would look ludicrous in light of it. If we're going to start ruining the lives of all young men and women everywhere by labeling them as sex offenders for some unwanted groping, I'm seriously concerned for what happens next. This is a punishable offense, but a trial, and potentially ruining his life forever over it is NOT a punishment which fits this action. Not by a long shot.
    Agreed. We've got to get away from the tendency to label young men as incorrigible criminals for actions they make when they're young, stupid, and immature.

I distinctly remember an event in college where a kid I knew slept with a girl who had just broken up with her boyfriend. She was really drunk. He clearly saw her as newly single and was trying to take a shot at getting in a relationship with her. She woke up the next day and was pretty pissed that it happened. At the time he was 21 and she was 20.

Not a good thing, obviously. But under today's definition of sexual assault that guy's a rapist and should have gone to jail for a few years. What happened instead? The girl got over being annoyed, he graduated, went to an Ivy League law school and now is a high powered environmental lawyer who I respect a great deal. I'm highly confident that he would regard his actions on that day as a stupid mistake and something he's ashamed of now that he's a mature adult. I also think the girl is ashamed of getting so drunk that she slept with someone she didn't mean to.

The teenage and college dating scene is a total drunken mess. That's not a great thing but it is the reality, and I don't think the situation will be improved by labeling a lot of young men as felons and/or sex offenders. People make mistakes and learn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    When 15? No.. The shit that went on in my school when I was 15 was insane.. It was a mess of hormones and grabby hands, it was also equal, plenty of girls grabbing arses etc
    Yup, my ass got groped plenty of times by a girl... There was one girl who used to call me her "butt buddy" and grab my ass every time she saw me because she knew it made me uncomfortable lol. She signed my yearbook that way.

I read the OP twice, and have yet to find where a sex-assault occurred in this story...

Hugging someone in Canada is sexually assaulting them?

Seriously? Bullshit response to an incident that could have been handled by a grown man (Teacher) having a discussion with the young man...Did he go to far? Obviously he made her feel uncomfortable so yes. Is he guilty of sexual assault? Can't believe that is even being discussed.

Being human is going to be more and more lonely in the near future, when feminists kill off all affection in our race. Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    I read the OP twice, and have yet to find where a sex-assault occurred in this story...

Hugging someone in Canada is sexually assaulting them?

Seriously? Bullshit response to an incident that could have been handled by a grown man (Teacher) having a discussion with the young man...Did he go to far? Obviously he made her feel uncomfortable so yes. Is he guilty of sexual assault? Can't believe that is even being discussed.

Being human is going to be more and more lonely in the near future, when feminists kill off all affection in our race. Stupid.
    Then you did not read it at all.
    The interaction was captured on a video entered as an exhibit at trial and watched by the judge. It showed the girl smiling and giggling. The boy then pushed the girl into a locker, grabbed again at her buttocks, ran his hands over her body and tried to kiss her. She quickly moved away and told him to leave.

The two moved out of camera range. The boy ignored the girl's demand and followed her, then pushed her into a closed doorway, Topolniski wrote. For a third time he grabbed her buttocks, then her breasts, and tried to kiss her as she tried to push him away and fend him off with a water bottle.

The boy said she should "just let him do it."
    ^That right there.
    Blackout Kick now causes the victim to wake up the next day and question their life choices.

Some of the posters on this site make me fearful for the future.

When he first grabbed her butt, and she laughed, and when he did it again, she tried to get away from it, is when he should have stopped. Being 15 or 19 should make no difference. Like there's something magical that happens the second you turn 18 that automatically makes you an adult? As if! Sexual education and consent classes should be regulated and uniform so that this kind of ignorance can't go on.

Example, when I meet up with my baby's mother, we usually hug and I grab her butt. When I first did it, I apologized and said if it bothered her I wouldn't do it. She said she didn't mind and barely even noticed it. I wouldn't push my luck, if it made her feel uncomfortable I wouldn't do it.

Maturity is a difficult thing, because some people can be mature as hell as a teen, and on the other spectrum, some people never mature and act like a derp for the rest of their life.

Question for the other guys out there:

How many of you had an experience in college where a girl was initially pretty unresponsive or even kind of weakly defensive but suddenly really got into it after you made a few moves? I certainly did, and it wasn't a situation where she was blackout drunk. She just ended up in my bed on some pretext (I think her roommate was hooking up with someone, but she had other options besides climbing into a twin bed with a single guy so it seemed pretty clear what her intent was). Her actions after getting in bed left me pretty confused, she was totally unresponsive to kissing and groping but didn't stop me. However, when I did the right thing she was suddenly all over me. I kind of figured out the boundaries through trial and error. On subsequent nights, I kept pushing and they gradually expanded too (lol).

I wasn't some sort of sexual predator, I was just a shy kid. I read the (nonverbal) signals correctly and it worked out, we dated for a few months after that.

While you might think this isn't related to the case, I think it is. The cultural (and maybe biological) necessity for the male to be aggressive and the female to put the brakes on things tends to really effect how these things go. And us males are stupid, we don't read the signs nearly as well as women hope we do. However we do share stories, and a lot of guys encourage their friends to be aggressive too, to make moves. That's when things can go wrong. It's messed up but it's also the reality.

Once you get older though, it all becomes a lot more natural and easier. You understand how to read signals and you learn what boundaries not to cross. Girls are also better at communicating those boundaries once they've had a few experiences themselves.

That's why, when I hear something like this, I think: here's a guy who's gotten the wrong message, but he's young and hasn't figured this whole dating/sex thing out yet. Make sure he knows that what he did is very wrong, punish him, but nothing that will impact his life long term. He deserves the chance to prove whether he's learned from his mistake.
    Last edited by Scrod; 2016-07-28 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I'm convinced the OP has a serious issue and should seek psychological therapy. Every day, a different thread....but they're always the same thing. When all you can talk about is one topic all day long, you might need an intervention or something.
    So because I make threads I need psych therapy? What should I tell the counselor exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brimdog View Post
    i just hope all of you are held accountable for every instance of injustice toward another that you ever had and ever will have.
    or maybe you wouldnt want to be?
    or do you hold yourselves accountable?
    hmmm
    I don't get it. Is there a point you're trying to make here?

It's surprising how many people are willing to pass off repeated sexual assault as just 'boys will be boys'. The initial ass-slap as a simple crossed boundaries should have very uncomfortable consequences (ie longtime probation and community service). This far exceeds that circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    It's surprising how many people are willing to pass off repeated sexual assault as just 'boys will be boys'. The initial ass-slap as a simple crossed boundaries should have very uncomfortable consequences (ie longtime probation and community service). This far exceeds that circumstance.
    Why do people try to downplay such behaviour? Isn't the goal to stop it from getting worse. Downplaying it just enables worse behaviour.

So a kid murdering someone is less serious than an adult murdering someone? No, the result is the same, someone was murdered and it is as serious when a kid does as when an adult does it, it does not make it less serious what they did
    You don't hurt others by a brain fart
    A kid misunderstanding a situation is definitely serious than an adult doing the same.