Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Which classes for mythic+

Hey, im looking for some info abort which classes is gonna do well in higher mythic+.

Mod edit:
    Use this thread to discuss mythic+ choices.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-08-15 at 05:26 AM.

BM hunt has been one of the top DPS

Classes with strong AoE without ramp-up time are usually the best for any timed content. Mage, Hunter, Rogue.

Resto Druid seems to be the best healing choice, as Blood DK, same as previously on Challenge Modes.

WW monk seems insanely strong for mythic+: AoE stun, full cleave dmg on fist of fury + WDP, no ramp up like in WoD, insane mobility, insane AoE with SEF + SCK

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    for best times you could use the best classes but i dont think you need them to do it in time
    there's a big difference in making it in time compared to having a specific amount of time left.

Currently you're looking at Fire/BM/Unholy/Enhance/Fury/WW as the default dps choices, with Blood/Vengeance/ProtWarr for tanking (Warrior survivability in 10+ in very good since the other two rely on self healing and things start to get into one-shot territory with Tyrannical), though I've heard good things about ProtPally DPS, and RDruid or HPally as your healer. Of course, pretty much any spec can get to 10+ without too much trouble, which is where gear ilvl caps out, so I wouldn't worry too much about it,

For around ~10 you want player skill over class. You only need to start looking at min-max'ing classes at around 13+. M10 is all you need for getting the highest ilvl base from the chest and the 880 piece from the weekly chest. Every class can do M10.

Obviously skill is a massive factor but around +5 I wouldn't take a shadow priest or affliction warlocks unless their skill truly outmatched the capabilities of the class. The classes I focus on taking in my groups tend to be highly mobile, short CDs with strong aoe. Unholy, bm, fire, fury etc stand out. Able to combat trash quickly and be solid against bosses. Defensive CDs are very useful to take pressure off the healer. I'm sure if you had a fire Mage and uh dk you could sub a spriest in up to +10 if they were good enough. Trying to push later will be easier with these meta classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something sturdy with tons of cleave and AoE. Single target is less important really, because most of the stuff that actually consumes time is trash and things that shine on trash also tend to do decent on bosses.

Combat Rez is very useful too, Bloodlust not so much because of drums, but Fire Mage is really good anyway.

Some classes are a noob trap - like StM Shadow Priest which look really good on bosses, but are terrible on trash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    For around ~10 you want player skill over class. You only need to start looking at min-max'ing classes at around 13+. M10 is all you need for getting the highest ilvl base from the chest and the 880 piece from the weekly chest. Every class can do M10.
    Why would anyone ever bother to do M11+ if it doesn't even give any better rewards?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Why would anyone ever bother to do M11+ if it doesn't even give any better rewards?
    You unlock a skin for your artefact weapon by completing a +15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991 View Post
    You unlock a skin for your artefact weapon by completing a +15
    The stick this carrot hangs on is quite long. :O

There's an achievement for +15 afaik

Deleted
    Because its fun? We used to do things for fun in WoW you know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Because its fun? We used to do things for fun in WoW you know.
    CMs weren't fun at all, they felt more like sessions at the dentist, 8 times.

Quote Originally Posted by shindaah View Post
    Hey, im looking for some info abort which classes is gonna do well in higher mythic+.
    mage or shaman will never be a bad choice - all groups need BL/TW

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, I thought I enjoyed CMs and found them fun. Shame to see that I'm just confused, though.
    Hi

Deleted
    For you that might be the case, I had fun in them and I will have fun in mythics.
    Not everything needs a fucking reward for people to do it.

Deleted
    Because it gives more rewards. To give you an example, lets say another group can do 15+ while yours can do 10+.

Loot quality will stay the same(same chest reward, which means it can be titanforged/socketed as well), but reward wise its like doing 10+ 5 additional times. There's 5 additional chests for the 5 players. If you get Halls of Valor you have extra chances to get lucky with a Horn of Valor. Legendaries can drop 5 additional times.

If you think there's no rewards in doing more, you've been mislead. Imagine if you could do and get loot from Heroic Nighthold 5 more times in a week.