Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    My family is having its yearly reunion soon and I was wondering if you guys had any good yet cheap recipes for something to pass around. Kinda sick of just making a brownie mix to pass so unless you modify them in some way please suggest something else. Thanks.
    I know how to make a pretty slammin low cal/low fat desert.

You will need:
    Ghram Crackers
    1 to 2 Cool hwip-Low fat if desired (quanity based on pan size)
    1 to 2 Instant vanilla pudding (see above)
    1 chocolate frosting container- low fat if desired

Step 1. Make instant vanilla pudding, let that bitch set
    step 2. Get out a pyrex, aluminum, tupaware container thats about normal cake size
    step 3. Wait till pudding has set
    step 4. lay crackers down so that they meet end to end and fill bottom of container
    step 5. Add a layer of cool hwip, distribute evenly
    Step 6. Add a layer of crackers
    Step 7. Add a layer of pudding
    Repeat steps 4-5 till out of crackers, pudding, and coolwhip
    Step 8. Heat chocolate frosting till desired manageable spreading condition and top the dish off
    Step 9. Cover loosely in Aluminum foil
    Step 10. Stick in the fridge till its ready for transport or to be eaten

It's a pretty lightweight desert that everyone will love

10+ Year Old Account
    Mashed potatoes are easy and cheap. A 10lb bad of potatoes (more than you'll need) is like, 3 bucks, some garlic is 50c at best and then just some hard labor to mash it up and boom, done.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

When my Italian family gets together, we always have Baked Ziti - it's cheap, delicious, and you can feed a lot of people with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 roasted egg plant, 1/4 of a head of raw garlic, 1 small tomato, 2 tablespoons of mayo. All into a blender... Salt and pepper to taste... Cool it, intended to be served cold. 2 table spoon per serving or as dip. = Israel Salad / babaganoosh variant = 20 bucks, many servings, but small.

12 boiled eggs quarter, 2 pounds of Bologna (garlic if you can get it, but deli a must) cut to match egg slices, 6 large kosher dill pickles sliced to match egg slices, 4 large boiled potatoes skinned and sliced as others, 2 pounds of raw peas, cover in mayo to taste (sunflower oil based if you can get it), salt, pepper to taste. Serve cooled. Huge platefuls servings. = Olivier Salad = 20$ huge servings, lots of people fed.
    Last edited by Felya; 2016-07-31 at 05:43 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deviled eggs are easy. Just try not to make it too salty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    i think i just threw up in my mouth a little.
    Yeah, remind me never to go to any of you people's family reunions. Mine are always cassarolepaloozas because no one knows how to make anything else. (Granted, neither do I, but I use that as motivation to just go buy something instead)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

My suggestion: Big Mac Salad.

Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-07-31 at 11:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chili is good. The ingredients might be a bit pricey depending on what kind you make, but you'd generally make a great deal of it.

A big bunch of spaghetti with meat sauce is pretty cheap and easy to make plus who hates spaghetti?

http://www.food.com/recipe/jiffy-cor...licious-313521

I have this one ready to go...it is AMAZING as a side, I use more butter though.