Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Well, back to square one...
    yeah, sure!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    If you want to lose fat you need to burn it and you burn fat by doing cardio. Weightlifting and sit-ups won't burn any fat.

I suggest doing burpees, jumping jacks or something similar if you don't want to go out and run.
    If you have a choice between lifting weights or burpees, you should be lifting weights. In a caloric deficit, you can burn fat and build muscle, but you need to be lifting weights. Your body composition will improve, as well as overall health (insulin sensitivity etc). Add some cardio to a weightlifting routine to speed things up if you need to, but never just do cardio!

Necro on this one, did you become less fat?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Robinio's first post is to necro a thread over a year old? Wow. I got an infraction the one time I did that by accident.

Quickest results is lower you calorie intake and up your strength training, be sure to sleep / rest very well.
    Strength training will generally speed up your catabolic / anabolic cycle more than cardio.

Deleted
    Just drink lots of water throughout the day. Water, water and more water. U will see the kilo's fly away.

Eat 1000 calories per day for the two weeks. You will lose a truckton of weight.

Exercise actually increases muscle mass, which makes you put on weight in the form of muscle. Yes, muscle burns more calories per day than fat. But if we are talking weight loss your calorie count is what you should pay attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    What's your age? Generally if you want to get into cardio, you'll want a heart rate that's 65% of your maximum, which is 130 for ages 20-23. 125-127 for ages 23-25. Really Cardio is one of the best ideas for trimming fat, combined with the sit ups and stuff you're doing now, you'll burn fat. The most important thing to factor in is that fat loss doesn't give you amazing results in just 2 weeks. I would suggest a fat burner from an actual supplement store but there's so much mixed information about whether it's worth it or not so consider doing research.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm - A great calculator for calorie intake with 3 different goals to select from.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calpro.htm - Another great calculator in regards to protein intake for the desired goal.

I use those calculators as a guideline and they've helped me go from 78kg (171lb) to 91kg (200lb) in 3 months at 5'10 (177cm). They're perfect for just about any goal you have in mind.
    cardio is not one of the best ways to trim fat, if you want to trim fat and keep it off you need to build muscle, this can be anything from bodyweight exercises, to weight training, to resistance training etc....there are numerous different things out there.

Cardio will be faster but you will also burn more muscle than you would if you did resistance training. Building muscle is slower but it is also longer lasting and much less mentally draining as well as physically draining.
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

Grunt
    5+ Year Old Account
    Fat is annoying to get rid of since it never goes away from the areas you want it to first. That always takes time (like the neck and love handles)

Every morning drink 3 glass warm water + 2 lemon, within a week you got realise out weight is going to lose. Also, go for walk after the lunch and dinner, do exercise, running.

This some steps got you to lose weight.

In this time duration yoga and exercise, I got stress free and healthy body. I am losing hairs from stress, Now I am good.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    So I guess a good start would be to stop with pancakes/Nutella and focus more on fish/chicken (currently I eat a lot of red meat). I always eat a lot of vegetables so that doesn't need to change.
    And eat smaller meals (I tend to eat two huge meals per day).
    I eat supplements every day (fish oil and other vitamins). Sweden doesn't have much sun so I need that D vitamin.

My planned workout is pushups and working my chest to get beefier arms/chest and then some crunches 3 days per week. The plan is to get a bit bigger chest to make belly look smaller.
    And then running 3 other days per week to continue burning fat.
    But I don't know how much of those workouts I need to do.
    I think I got most stuff figured out, just need refining, any suggestions what I could do better/improve? I don't want to get ripped, but I do want this spare tire to shrink.

Here's a photo of what I need to get rid off:
    https://s27.postimg.org/nw9yv8rab/Untitled.jpg

Merry Christmas and thanks in advance for suggestions
    So here is some actual feedback for you from someone with Kinesiology and fitness background instead of broscience or housewife tip line.

1) You can't burn fat from a specific part of your bad, it just doesn't work that way. When you start losing fat, it will start coming from ALL parts of your body. You will notice changes in your arms first because % wise it will have the highest impact compared to belly/back/upper legs area. So if you lose 0.5 pound of fat from each area, you will see the biggest improvements in the arms firsts because it would have the highest % impact.
    For the same reason, belly fat will be the last to go, together with upper legs/lower back fat because your body tends to store more fat in the core area.

2) Don't make any drastic changes to your diet, or cut out sugar completely. You will feel constantly tired and unmotivated, when you decide to "Cheat" and have sugar, you will overindulge and it will be much worse for you. Small amount of "bad carbs"/ sugar is perfectly fine if you have it in the morning or a little before ( if its slow acting/high GI) or after training. Do not have a very large amount every, and try to avoid snacking sugars. Caloric deficit diets are great if you wanna lose weight quickly/drastically for some reason but they are never consistent or permanent. If you diet too hard, your body will literally eat its own muscles, drop its metabolic rate and you will be extra fucked when you decide to eat normal again with less muscles and lesser daily calorie intake cap, won't understand how you gained all the weight you lost so fast and put on an extra 5 on top.

3) "Cardio to lose weight" is an extremely old method that is proven to be very ineffective. Don't try to run/walk/bike to lose weight. A good lifting workout will be a lot more beneficial for your overall health and weight loss then a run. You will increase your overall metabolism, daily required intake of calories and burn more fat resting with a healthy weight lifting routine.

4) Working out specific areas of your body DOES NOT burn the fat in that area. This is the biggest bullshit that telemarketers started to sell crunch equipment to housewives and fat middle aged men.. You need to work out the biggest muscle groups to get the best results. Focus on Chest press, shoulder press, rowing, and especially leg press, and squats. Not only the biggest muscle groups that you need to work are you upper legs, they are also directly connected to your core and will actually make your belly and sides look better.

5) Attach "cardio" to the end of your workouts. Never start an exercise with a hard cardio routine and transition to lifting. If you don't have time to do them separately in one day, start with lifting, have a short rest/stretching period then move onto a cardio preferably no longer then 20-30 mins.

P.s - forgot to add, do not listen any bullshit advice that tells you that its super effective to eat certain type of food at certain hours or drink certain amount of liquids at certain temperatures at certain times.. they are no more reliable then the village shaman telling that you are feeling sick cause you upset the gods or something. There is literally ZERO evidence that non of that bullshit works and every day a new fad diet, routine pops up that dies after few years when the next one arrives.
    Make sure you remain hydrated, don't overeat or eat too late and keep a healthy balanced diet throughout the week.

Well I killed off some time at work.. hope this helps.
    Last edited by faithbane; 2018-08-22 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manisthajain View Post
    Every morning drink 3 glass warm water + 2 lemon, within a week you got realise out weight is going to lose. Also, go for walk after the lunch and dinner, do exercise, running.

This some steps got you to lose weight.

In this time duration yoga and exercise, I got stress free and healthy body. I am losing hairs from stress, Now I am good.
    Stretching and drinking fluids aka water is underrated.

Weight lifting, cardio, etc are all great, but if you don't stretch properly or hydrate it all means nothing.

All the wrestlers, weight lifters, martial artists, cardio instructors, etc all known how to stretch properly.

I became a swollen blimp in the past year and I finally decided to cut the artificial trash I was putting into my body. I started doing Weight Watchers and while it was hard to adjust at first, I have no problem now because I can eat pretty much anything I want (though still healthier than before) as long as it's in moderation. I don't even work out much besides doing push-ups every morning because I have fallen arches and any sort of running is unbearably painful for my ankles.

Since May, I've lost almost 25 pounds and I actually feel way less lethargic and depressed.

Deleted
    I think we should stop with these threads. I being 40pounds overweight feel that, a person should just walk and have a little control over their diet which should be enough for them to keep them fit and good.

A month time is enough time to get fit for Thailand.

Limit your calorie consumption 1000 to 1500 calories per day, lift weights and do cardio. These 3 things combined will have you see results in no time, especially if your body isn't used to it. I wouldn't even recommend starting a diet yet. Just stay away from fried foods and drink lots of water.

Man this thread has been necroed like 10 times wtf.

I was also overweight before mainly because of my freelance job. I am most of the time sitting in front of a computer and I would be honest that im eating a lot.

The formula that made me lose weight is jogging + lessened volume of the foods I eat. So my suggestion for you would be to start jogging or walking. If this is something that you are not yet doing, starting this ASAP would really help. Now, the idea is not just to commit to jogging in the morning. If this will be your plan, you will end up failing since its hard to wake up early and it could be because you have a busy morning.

Thus, the ideal goal is to jog or walk is when you have the time. It could be in the morning, early afternoon(if the weather is fine- not too hot) or late in the afternoon. Whenever, you have the time you need to push yourself to walk or jog - 20-40 mins will do.

Then, after a month or weeks of regular jogging, without thinking about it too much, join the soonest fun run event in your place. In my experience, after I have participated in several fun run events, I slowly run longer distance then I was able to do my first marathon. My running has kept my weight in check. Being in running events will keep you motivated to join another one until you will realize that you are hooked into running.

Lastly, do not forget to lessen the volume of what you eat. You do not have to abstain from eating anything, just keep it at a lower volume than usual.

Hope this helps since this is generally what I did to deal with my weight problem before.

If you want to devote yourself to jogging make sure you constantly watch your joints. It is a very good aerobic exercise but probably also one that places the most overall burden on them since jogging sessions are usually at least 30+ minutes.

Forget about the belly fat, and focus on a general improvement, which is a balanced diet and proper exercise. Maybe it will melt away in time, or it won't, but at least you have a stronger and healthier body (and better looking ).
    Mother pus bucket!

I went on a keto diet for 2 weeks and ended up damaging my liver cells. Learned my lesson that extreme dieting is not my cup of tea. Striking a proper balance between exercise, eating healthy nutritious food and portion control is important for losing weight.