10+ Year Old Account

< 6 CP finishers? <outlaw>

How do the rest of you handle CP's with some of the buffs out there?
    Example:
    > Jolly Rodger and Broadsides pop
    Saber slash, get two CP from that > Use free pistol shot for three CP

Do you saber slash for a full 6 (and risk wasting one) or run through with 5?

I've been using 5cp finishers this week to see how it does, but i'm curious as to how everyone else handles it
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been using 5cp finishers if I have both Jolly Rodger and Broadsides. If I'm at 5cp with both of those buffs the chance you waste 3cp is too high (both Saber Slash hits give 2cp plus the 2cp from the free pistol shot if you use it). Using RT with the buff from DS and BHTV is going to do a lot of damage even at 5cp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapplez1 View Post
    I've been using 5cp finishers if I have both Jolly Rodger and Broadsides. If I'm at 5cp with both of those buffs the chance you waste 3cp is too high (both Saber Slash hits give 2cp plus the 2cp from the free pistol shot if you use it). Using RT with the buff from DS and BHTV is going to do a lot of damage even at 5cp.
    That's what I was thinking, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was forgetting/missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Doesn't the free pistol shot last until you actually use the pistol shot? Like, if you proc it at full CP, can't you just use a finisher, then pistol shot? Or am I missing something?

7+ Year Old Account
    You're correct about using pistol shot after a finisher. I was just giving the example of using the free pistol shot at max combo points would waste a lot of combo points, especially if you have the Broadside buff.