Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Personal loot abuse/bullying in mythic dungeons

I was running a mythic dungeons the other day and won an item (boots) via the personal loot system. I was immediately addressed to hand it over (apparently it was a group of friends). I refused (since I actually needed that item) and as soon as I equipped it I was removed from group on last boss.

I talked to a guildy about it and apparently this is quite common. the only way I could describe this kind of behavior is Bullying (give it up - or else). this causes blizz original intention to enable players to trade items won via PL to be abused and even encourage this kind of toxic behavior.

imho, blizz should either disable the trading option, or constitute an established penalty mechanism against it.

thoughts?
    Last edited by leorana; 2016-08-08 at 01:05 PM. Reason: was removed from group. not vote kicked

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    I was running a mythic dungeons the other day and won an item (boots) via the personal loot system. I was immediately addressed to hand it over (apparently it was a group of friends). I refused (since I actually needed that item) and as soon as I equipped it I was vote kicked on last boss.

I talked to a guildy about it and apparently this is quite common. the only way I could describe this kind of behavior is Bullying (give it up - or else). this causes blizz original intention to enable players to trade items won via PL to be abused and even encourage this kind of toxic behavior.

imho, blizz should either disable the trading option, or constitute an established penalty mechanism against it.

thoughts?
    Or you should stop being a little moanbag and move on with your life?
    Like really, what is the possibility of this happening? Your guildy saying it happens a lot sounds like a pile of shit to me.
    I have run countless dungeons and not once ran into anything like this.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Like really, what is the possibility of this happening? Your guildy saying it happens a lot sounds like a pile of shit to me.
    This is going to be no different than when people would queue up in the group finder at the beginning of expansions with 4 people, kick the rando since chances are he matches the same armor type as the 4 group members, and just do the dungeon with 4 people.

It really is quite common

I was running a mythic dungeons the other day and won an item (boots) via the personal loot system. I was immediately addressed to hand it over (apparently it was a group of friends). I refused (since I actually needed that item) and as soon as I equipped it I was vote kicked on last boss.

thoughts?
    dont like it ? make your own groups .

it was easy to anticipate that it would end like this with removal of ML /shrug

thoughts?
    I haven't seen hits happen once, and based on what others in the thread are saying, it's not happening frequently at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

guess it's more common then you think.

don't know about you but I don't like wasting my time having to re - run the entire dungeon just to be able to loot the last boss (for refusing to hand over what is rightfully mine). this is the end of the expansion so gear doesn't matter that much, but this pose a greater problem in the long run, especially comes legion when fast gearing actually do matter.

Deleted
    I make my own group for Mythics 100% of the time. It doesn't take any longer nor does it require any special skills or knowledge, so there is really no reason not to do the same in case you are worried about this.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    dont like it ? make your own groups .
    Is this the go-to jerk answer for anything regarding groups in the game now?

It was just a rhetorical question btw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    This is going to be no different than when people would queue up in the group finder at the beginning of expansions with 4 people, kick the rando since chances are he matches the same armor type as the 4 group members, and just do the dungeon with 4 people.

It really is quite common
    Never seen that happen either and I been playing for `11 years now.
    So quite common my ass.

Blizz should make loot you get invisible to others. You can always post loot to your friends/guild if you want to trade, but random fucktards dont need to know what you just looted.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Go sit down you angsty little keyboard warrior.
    Infracted;
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-08-08 at 01:25 PM.

Yes sure, all us people who play with only our groups must be punished because a bunch of pussies who want to play solo in a mmorpg were once bullied by randoms. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
    Infracted;

A nice and friendly advice (although you won't follow it, I am 146% sure of that): play the mmorpg as it was designed, and run content with friends, instead of creating whiny dramas about how bad puggies steal your gear boohoohoo and trying to ruin the game for everybody in a long run.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-08-08 at 01:22 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Premades have been abusing the vote kick system since forever. This is not a personal loot problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    I make my own group for Mythics 100% of the time. It doesn't take any longer nor does it require any special skills or knowledge, so there is really no reason not to do the same in case you are worried about this.
    making a group takes longer than joining an existing one. that's pretty much the main reason I join groups and not making them. even so, lets assume I'll make one of my own. what's going to prevent that same thing from happening? my guess is that it's not as common for people running with guildies and friends in comparison to the LFG tool. in fact, maybe it's even uncommon or rare but is this really the issue? most crimes aren't common, so would you justify crime?

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Blizz should make loot you get invisible to others. You can always post loot to your friends/guild if you want to trade, but random fucktards dont need to know what you just looted.
    I think the main reason why they actually made the game announce your loot to others is because of complainers being at war with rationality.

A lot of people assumed that personal loot actually had lower drop chances/less gear yield period, because they simply weren't seeing all the loot they didn't win/couldn't use. Classic idiots. When Blizzard and other players finally convinced them that it wasn't the case, they proceeded to whine about personal loot not "feeling" right because you never saw anyone get stuff. That's why those notifications are there now.

I find them annoying actually. They pop up as is if it was something important and I really don't care about Slippy McLube in my dungeon group looting some trinket.

There's never going to be a system where grouping up with people you don't know doesn't occasionally lead to disappointment. If that's not acceptable to you then there are two choices, make your own groups to have more control or only play with friends / guildies.

Create your own group.

first time ive heard of this but it also wouldnt be surprised some battle groups are full of jerks and shitters

most crimes aren't common, so would you justify crime?
    Yeah, I knew it will quickly escalate to SJW bullshit idiocy.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I was running the dungeon for the valor points, since I don't need the gear from mythics, with 2 friends that also don't need the loot.
    We were able to share what dropped for us with the 680 ilvl guys that were with us.

Good.