Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just so you know, you can only trade an item if it's an ilvl downgrade to what you currently have. If I ran into a situation like this, I'd just say that I can't trade it.

You gotta take the bad with the good. Whenever I make groups for mythics and bring a pug(s), I let it be known if we're trying to feed someone gear and that we will gladly share anything we don't need if you share what you don't need. Same goes for LFR, I queue for bags on my 740 toon all the time (easy money) and gladly offer up any drops I get.

There are two sides to the coin, always. The big difference here is you can be the change you want to see by creating groups of your own, not even necessarily with friends, and making it clear that sharing is caring. You can control the kind of people you play with in this case, and I think it is the only way you will truly counter this kind of bad behavior.

Mythic dungeons are meant to be ran with friends or guildies, and not with unknown elements aka pugs. This is why you can't queue up for them. If you join a group of unknowns, you have no one to blame but yourself if you get screwed.

In Legion, you can't replace anyone that leaves, dcs, or gets kicked in Mythic dungeons, so smart people will only be running them with guildies, friends, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Meggle View Post
    You can votekick in Mythic dungeons?
    If you aren't the leader you can just be kicked. It's just a PUG. As OP described it appeared to be a group of friends/guildies so they can just decide to kick someone for admittedly a shitty reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    I am tired of people like OP. For the Nth time:
    - you cannot trade gear that is upgrade for you!
    - you cannot trade gear that i coined!

When someone tell you to "hand over" the loot you won just answer "It is upgrade for me i can't trade it".
    Or "If you did asked me politely I might have trade it" and report them and leave the group. Do not feed the toxic behavior and act weak. Be strong. Fight for what you won. If the little pricks wanted to boost their fried they should have put master loot on, but then again no one would join for mythic dungeon with ML, right?
    Don't leave, make them kick if they want it. Kicking you makes it that much harder for them to kick someone else later.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Mythic dungeons are meant to be ran with friends or guildies, and not with unknown elements aka pugs. This is why you can't queue up for them. If you join a group of unknowns, you have no one to blame but yourself if you get screwed.

In Legion, you can't replace anyone that leaves, dcs, or gets kicked in Mythic dungeons, so smart people will only be running them with guildies, friends, etc.
    this applies to mythic+, but not to regular mythic five mans (which will work the same as they do now)

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    This is going to be no different than when people would queue up in the group finder at the beginning of expansions with 4 people, kick the rando since chances are he matches the same armor type as the 4 group members, and just do the dungeon with 4 people.

It really is quite common
    Saying it is quite common is very misleading. Stuff like this is very rare. It's never happened to me or anyone that I know since LFD came out in 3.3 and generally if something is fairly common it should've happened to at least one person I know by now.

Deleted
    We had Dragon Soul LFR. That alone was the reason they made PL items non-trade able. Now they go back on that. So will the community.
    Set items, trinkets and in future expansions weapons. Stats matter, boni matter especially with same ilvl from any kind of content. Do a mythic dungeon in 710 pvp gear without pve stuff and then do it with 710 including set items proper trinkets and ring. Static dps doesn't change too much but on boss fights with cooldowns... its more then 300-500% difference.

And that means you will pay. You will beg and pay for it. Or if you are the pleb random you will either give it for free or kicked.
    Last edited by mmocd82a39b843; 2016-08-08 at 07:33 PM.

On a slightly offtopic: Weren't you supposed to be able to trade Bonus roll loot (atleast in Legion)? I thought this was their initial intention and then they expanded it to personal loot aswell

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Go sit down you angsty little keyboard warrior.
    Infracted;

This... infract me... infract me all over my face!

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Premades have been abusing the vote kick system since forever. This is not a personal loot problem.
    You don't need to vote to kick in a premade, it's a premade. The leader can kick whoever they want, whenever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    We had Dragon Soul LFR. That alone was the reason they made PL items non-trade able. Now they go back on that. So will the community.
    Set items, trinkets and in future expansions weapons. Stats matter, boni matter especially with same ilvl from any kind of content. Do a mythic dungeon in 710 pvp gear without pve stuff and then do it with 710 including set items proper trinkets and ring. Static dps doesn't change too much but on boss fights with cooldowns... its more then 300-500% difference.

And that means you will pay. You will beg and pay for it. Or if you are the pleb random you will either give it for free or kicked.
    Dragon Soul we had group loot with a 2 hour trade limitation, the abuse of that resulted in personal loot. This personal loot system is halfway between both.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-08-08 at 08:17 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    That seems like behavior Blizzard would hate to have in the game. I won't be surprised if they do something about it. Hard though to see what that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    this applies to mythic+, but not to regular mythic five mans (which will work the same as they do now)
    All Mythic dungeons are Mythic+. The first time you step into a Mythic, it is considered Mythic+1. If you clear it, you get a +2 stone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like something you can report the players for then move on with your game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Blizz should make loot you get invisible to others. You can always post loot to your friends/guild if you want to trade, but random fucktards dont need to know what you just looted.
    You sir, are indeed on the right tracks. I have witnessed countless moaning over other people's loot (well, never a kick like for OP), but still, this is so simple solution, hard to imagine it would require much to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    - You can't trade loots if said loot is an upgrade.
    You cannot trade loot that is a higher ilvl than your current items. Sometimes however an item can be an upgrade for you even if it is not an ilvl upgrade, for example tier pieces over regular drops or trinkets.

I do find getting whispers like "give me those boots, you dont need em" annoying, but I just put anyone that asks me for loot that is not a friend on ignore and move on with my life. Getting kicked does kinda suck, try grouping with friends I guess would be the only real advice for now, sorry OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Dragon Soul we had group loot with a 2 hour trade limitation, the abuse of that resulted in personal loot. This personal loot system is halfway between both.
    Group loot with all people rolling need on everything. With people who horded items for trade in the same run or simply to sell them if people from same server wanted to buy them. Guildmates friends and me sold set pieces from 500-8000g per item. For sure it was rare to win and find someone but every 2-4 weeks it happened. And I think at least 80% of LFR people adapted to it.

So what will happen in pugs now? The same of course, people sitting on pl items till the end to hope trading it for something of value. Legion will have so many high-level crap items due to their new "worldquests pvp dungeon - ilvl increases with your base ilvl!" system so having people with full crappy timelost / baleful / "..." sets will not be rare. And their ilvl is high enough to trade it for set items good trinkets etc.

Oh and it will also once again show how easy casual Guilds break, what it means to have a certain charm when it comes if mage1 or mage2 will get the pl item mage3 who doesn't need it gets. But hey, guilds are not form of social justice so they will make rules for this or hope to have enough people for master loot.
    Last edited by mmocd82a39b843; 2016-08-09 at 04:56 AM.

Deleted
    People complain about everything nowadays, for the sake of it.

We have a good system with PL being tradeable if it's a duplicate or downgrade (thus you're not forced to vendor it, you can trade it or even make a sale agreement if it's a stranger - I'm sure he'll bite an upgrade for a price substantially higher than vendor value but not ridiculously high - say 2000 gold for an 710)

You just ran into a bad group with jerky players. They happen to all of us. I remember running into one when leveling my pally in MOP. Never ran into more toxic players than those. They called me just about any name possible, with "i hope your mum gets cancer" included. Does this mean that all leveling dungeon groups are like that? Nope, it was one group among like 1000 or more. These are rare and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    People complain about everything nowadays, for the sake of it.

We have a good system with PL being tradeable if it's a duplicate or downgrade (thus you're not forced to vendor it, you can trade it or even make a sale agreement if it's a stranger - I'm sure he'll bite an upgrade for a price substantially higher than vendor value but not ridiculously high - say 2000 gold for an 710)
    The only problem with this is you cannot trade gold cross realm, so in the majority of pugs you cannot get anything in return if you trade an item.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    The only problem with this is you cannot trade gold cross realm, so in the majority of pugs you cannot get anything in return if you trade an item.
    That's because they still try to cling to the outaded concept of realms.
    The game has like half of its maximum subscriber base and we're more than capable technologically to completely abolish realms in favor of a region-wide superserver.
    Phasing tech can create any numer of virtual realms (instances of world) on the go.
    AH could be merged and region wide too, along with a revamp (so you wouldn't have to stomach 100,000,000 ore posted in stacks of 1)