Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just dropped in to say thank you, this is the bee's knees!

Thanks for the feedback! Are you using the extended or the short version. The extended one in combination with LiteMount really is the best.

for the extended one should you use Makro Toolkit or Long Macros addon ?

I prefer Macro Toolkit myself (additional goodies), but it shouldn't really matter as long as you get 1024 char macros. With Macro Toolkit make sure to resize (larger) its window, because it causes display errors when you try to scroll around the long macro.

Personally I split the extended macro into four smaller versions (one per spec), but they still exceed the normal 256 char limit.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like the extended (English) macro isn't working as intended anymore. I'll look into it and report back.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2016-09-30 at 11:08 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! Are you using the extended or the short version. The extended one in combination with LiteMount really is the best.
    Yes, I'm using the Macro Toolkit/LiteMount extended version. Working great, though I haven' t been able to test every possible "scenario" as yet.

I'm curious, do you use the extended or the short macros?
    Just the stand-alone, was exactly what I was looking for. I had made something similar pre-legion but dismounting into my spec's form etc.. I didn't even think that was possible! Also, without the travel form glyph back in 7.1 I also needed the dynamic water strider portion. I have other macro's mixed in with my regular keybinds for affinity forms, and a separate button for mammoth already. I just wanted something simple and smart to replace my mount-up keybind (middle mouse). Easy for all my other characters except for druid ha.

I was stupid when I wrote that the extended macro doesn't work as intended, I just forgot that my LiteMount macro is German now. Nevertheless I was able to further improve the extended macro. You can now mount the Tundra Mammoth while in Moonkin Form, just as much as you can dismount in Moonkin Form now. Also keep in mind that holding shift/alt not only enforces Travel/Cat Form during combat, but also makes you dismount directly to Travel Form (can be useful sometimes).

Finding out how to considerably shorten the extended macro not only enabled me to include the new improvements, but should also enable me to translate it to German without having to split it into four macros. If any German users around here are interest I will post the translation.

Copy the newly improved version directly from the original post (1). I removed the non-extended Litemount variation, because either you use addons or you don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by improvedai View Post
    I have other macro's mixed in with my regular keybinds for affinity forms, and a separate button for mammoth already.
    So you use macros to automatically switch to affinity form when you use certain keys/actions (like going to Cat form when you rake)?
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2016-09-30 at 02:00 PM.

is the extended macro only for traveling/mounting or does it do something for switching to bear/cat for combat whenever you need ?

so for example if Im Guardian and need to switch to bear as am I pulling an enemy - can it do that somehow ?

Of course, this was the whole reason for creating the extended macro (which I just improved again). If you are in combat or targeting a living enemy (out of combat) the macro will switch to your spec appropriate form. Furthermore it will switch back and forth between your spec form and your affinity form. By holding a mod key you can force it to switch between spec form and travel/cat form instead. For Resto spec it prioritizes affinity form as combat form and switches between that and Bear form (casting heals automatically breaks form anyway).

For example, you are in Guardian spec with Balance affinity and target an enemy NPC while riding on a mount. Hitting the macro key will automatically switch you to Bear form, hitting the key again with switch to Balance form. This switching goes back and forth between Bear and Balance until you leave combat (enemy dead or fleeing), by holding a modifier key you can enforce to switch to Travel form while outside or Cat form while inside in order to run away from combat.

This works for any spec/affinity combination!

Just watch out for Feral spec with Balance affinity, because for some stupid reason the Balance form comes with a 1.5 minutes cooldown. The macro cannot know if the cooldown is on or off, so it cannot switch from Cat to Moonkin form while the CD is still running. Instead you can use a modifier key to escape ensnares while Moonkin is on CD.

And just to mention it: The short macro will also switch to your spec appropriate form (like Bear for guardian), but it will prioritize fast Travel/Cat form first even in combat and it cannot do affinity forms at all. This is a size restriction. If you want to prioritize combat forms with the short macro then just move the Travel form part to the end.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2016-09-30 at 02:26 PM.

interesting !

in the macro text i see it says "mod" ... does that mean you have to replace "mod" in the text with a key of your choosing (Ctrl, Alt, Shift) manually ? Or it will automatically perform that mod specified action as long as you hold down any of those 3 keys (Ctrl, Alt, Shift) ?

For example, you are in Guardian spec with Balance affinity and target an enemy NPC while riding on a mount. Hitting the macro key will automatically switch you to Bear form, hitting the key again with switch to Balance form. This switching goes back and forth between Bear and Balance
    and if Im in Resto affinity (Guardian spec + Resto affinity) in this scenario - what will happen then ? It will do nothing and stay in bear even if I keep hitting the macro key while in combat ? Or it will keep shifting me between bear and human ?

either way this is useful, Ill be using this on my druid
    Last edited by Life-Binder; 2016-09-30 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    interesting !

in the macro text i see it says "mod" ... does that mean you have to replace "mod" in the text with a key of your choosing (Ctrl, Alt, Shift) manually ? Or it will automatically perform that mod specified action as long as you hold down any of those 3 keys (Ctrl, Alt, Shift) ?
    You can do this, but there is no need to. "mod" = any modifier key that isn't used yet. For example, I am using the macro on ctrl-^ (~ on the US keyboard, below ESC). This means that CTRL is used already, so I can use SHIFT or AFT as modifiers.

and if Im in Resto affinity (Guardian spec + Resto affinity) in this scenario - what will happen then ? It will do nothing and stay in bear even if I keep hitting the macro key while in combat ?
    Outdoors it will switch between Bear and Travel form (in and out of combat), indoors it will switch between Bear and Cat form. Casting heals breaks any form (to caster form) automatically anyway. The very same applies if you are Resto spec with Guardian affinity.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to your question I was reminded again, why I had to keep one "Cat Form" at the end of the macro (indoors switching of Guardian in Resto affinity). I still cannot remember why I put a "[nomounted]" in front of it, but it surely made sense, so I keep it there until I am sure that removing it is a good idea. Seems like the last Travel Form bit is useless now, too, but I will first test this before I remove it.

- - - Updated - - -

Just found out why I put the [nomounted] in front of the final Cat form: to keep Moonkin form from dismounting into Cat. Just forgot about it later.

- - - Updated - - -

Cleaned up the LiteMount "Unavailable" macro and added German versions for the extended macro.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2016-09-30 at 03:50 PM.

How do I go about setting up the "Unavailable" macro in litemount? there doesn't seem to be a way to save it and whenever i click out of the box or change tabs it is all erased!

After editing the "Unavailable" macro in LiteMount you have to click OK to both close the window and save the edit. I left a comment on the LiteMount Curse page about it now.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2016-10-01 at 06:59 AM.

After editing the "Unavailable" macro in LiteMount you have to click OK to both close the window and save the edit. I left a comment on the LiteMount Curse page about it now.
    Perfect got it!

So you use macros to automatically switch to affinity form when you use certain keys/actions (like going to Cat form when you rake)?
    Yeah kinda like how prowl puts you in cat form automatically, I'd tie bear stance to a mouseover taunt macro. and in some places when I want to get back to my main form, I put a bear form on my cat action bar in the same slot i'd normally put my go-to bear move (like moonfire). It kinda works out in my head where i'm clicking buttons and i get to where i want go because each stance has their own actionbar.

I also just generally bind "q" to bear and "e" to cat so i can manually switch around outside of using my razer naga binds. A bit anecdotal, but it works seamlessly for me. I used to play a warrior and i enjoyed coming up with unique ways to stance dance/switch equipment.

I do hate that I can't powershift the way we used, but i am looking forward to having travel form at mount speed again at least.

so since 7.1 gives us full speed stag form again - does that make regular ground mounts useless and thus they would need to be removed from the macro ?

Only if you don't own a waterwalker, since that is still superior to Travel form. And even if you own it you might like ground mounts for flavor (+mod key variant for repair mount). Don't forget that LiteMount (+macro) only mounts you when you are standing still while pressing the macro key, while switching to Travel form when you are moving while pressing the key. So it's kind of the best of both worlds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by improvedai View Post
    I also just generally bind "q" to bear and "e" to cat so i can manually switch around outside of using my razer naga binds. A bit anecdotal, but it works seamlessly for me. I used to play a warrior and i enjoyed coming up with unique ways to stance dance/switch equipment.
    I keep switching specs and affinities and don't want to wrap my head around what forms and buttons I currently need. Thus I worked on the one-button solution that does the "thinking" for me.

I shortened the standalone (256 chars) macro and added a German version.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a bonus one: On the Battle.net forum someone asked for a macro that used Prowl when it's off cooldown, and changed to Cat form whenever in another form, both without breaking itself on another key-press.

Macros cannot know whether a spell is on CD or not!

Furthermore every macro command can only be invoked once per macro. Thus you cannot use /cast (or /use) to activate two different things. Instead you need to use a little trick to use two different commands.

Code:
    #showtooltip Prowl
    /click [noform:2]StanceButton2
    /use [nostealth,nocombat]Prowl

Line 1 will change to cat form by clicking on stance bar button 2, while preventing shifting you back out of it. Line 2 will invoke Prowl if it's off CD and you're not already in stealth mode.

Theoretically I could incorporate this in my extended macro, so that Feral spec and affinity make use of it. Unfortunately that exceeds that 1024 char limit, so I would have to remove something else for it (like repair mount).

Deleted
    Informative, I would give it a try.

Deleted
    I shortened the standalone (256 chars) macro and added a German version.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a bonus one: On the Battle.net forum someone asked for a macro that used Prowl when it's off cooldown, and changed to Cat form whenever in another form, both without breaking itself on another key-press.

Macros cannot know whether a spell is on CD or not!

Furthermore every macro command can only be invoked once per macro. Thus you cannot use /cast (or /use) to activate two different things. Instead you need to use a little trick to use two different commands.

Code:
    #showtooltip Prowl
    /click [noform:2]StanceButton2
    /use [nostealth,nocombat]Prowl

Line 1 will change to cat form by clicking on stance bar button 2, while preventing shifting you back out of it. Line 2 will invoke Prowl if it's off CD and you're not already in stealth mode.

Theoretically I could incorporate this in my extended macro, so that Feral spec and affinity make use of it. Unfortunately that exceeds that 1024 char limit, so I would have to remove something else for it (like repair mount).

#showtooltip schleichen
    /use [nostance:2] katzengestalt
    /use [nocombat, nostealth] schleichen

works fine (sorry, german)