Poll: Kayn or Altruis?

Thread: Kayn or Altruis

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Kayn or Altruis

Who did you choose?

I'm not home yet to get on. Did they put the video in before choosing between the two of them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    I'm not home yet to get on. Did they put the video in before choosing between the two of them?
    Yeah they just play harbingers: Illidan. It's hardly helpful in giving you some backstory on what Kayn and Altruis' motivations are. Even though you know them it would be nice to see what they may have done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I chose Kayn in the Beta, does it change your game experience much? I'm thinking of going with Altruis for my Live DH

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I chose Kayn in the Beta, does it change your game experience much? I'm thinking of going with Altruis for my Live DH
    As far as I know, Akama is the only difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Yeah they just play harbingers: Illidan. It's hardly helpful in giving you some backstory on what Kayn and Altruis' motivations are. Even though you know them it would be nice to see what they may have done.
    Hmmm, could that be a bug/placeholder still?

Kayn/Altruis and Shade/Akama are virtually identical champions, both as combat ally and on the mission table, and perform the same roles through the class campaign. So the only real difference is how much of a dick you want to be. Kayn is a diehard Illidan disciple with no regard for anything but the mission and has no trouble forcing Akama to cooperate, while Altruis wants to prevent the Illidari from becoming the monsters everyone sees them as and convinces Akama to join up willingly. The one you don't choose doesn't reappear anywhere (to my knowledge) (yet, that's good material for later), and it doesn't affect your power level in any way, so pick the one you want based on your vision for the Illidari.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Altruis is the only option, Kayn is less skilled and not a quest giver.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Read the Illidan novel last week. It seems more fitting to go with Kayn after what an Illidari went through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kayn for sure

Deleted
    I'm picking Kayn because I'm going Alliance. Just want to mix up the diversity, no other reason.

I think if I was in my character's mind I'd just choose Kayn just because while Altruis' would probably be a better adviser and friend, I wouldn't want to risk treachery and scheming behind the Slayer.

You are Illidan's chosen commander and when you choose Altruis as a second in command, Kayn runs off like a little bitch even tho he is supposed to be completely loyal to Illidan and by extension you as Illidan chose you to lead. Altruis actually thinks for himself and already has a relationship with members of the Horde and Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm reading this I should have chosen Altruis.. akama and I are bros

10+ Year Old Account
    As some said, no good can come from hero worship and blind loyalty.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably going to choose Kayn in a few seconds, but for some reason I'm making this choice much harder than I need to.

I was going to make a Night Elf and Blood Elf DH anyways, so I'm just choosin Kayn on my Belf / Altruis on my Nelf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    As some said, no good can come from hero worship and blind loyalty.
    But wouldn't that make him a great 2nd in command?

10+ Year Old Account
    But wouldn't that make him a great 2nd in command?
    No because he becomes a yes man and sometimes you need a non drone 2nd in command to balance you out. I mean chose who you want since it won't affect much but if we want to have an enticing discussion let's at least be honest.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2016-08-10 at 12:13 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    You are Illidan's chosen commander and when you choose Altruis as a second in command, Kayn runs off like a little bitch even tho he is supposed to be completely loyal to Illidan and by extension you as Illidan chose you to lead. Altruis actually thinks for himself and already has a relationship with members of the Horde and Alliance.
    when Illidan makes you a leader?

Kayn - loyal to the bone, will do everything for you

Altruis - traitor, scum and filth incapable to fully sacrifice himself and others for the mission. typical lowbrow imbecile with overintelectualised sense of morality. in one word: impotent

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No because he becomes a yes man and sometimes you need a non drone 2nd inc ommand to balance you out.
    nonsense, you ant someone who will relay your orders and will never turn back on you. Kayn, while may discuss things with you, when you decide he will follow through with your decision. Altruis would backstab you in the back the first moment you decide to put a torch to a village or something. it is some sort of overintelectualised drivel taken from young poets club. second in command must be an extension of you not a dick clip

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    when Illidan makes you a leader?

Kayn - loyal to the bone, will do everything for you

Altruis - traitor, scum and filth incapable to fully sacrifice himself and others for the mission. typical lowbrow imbecile with overintelectualised sense of morality. in one word: impotent

- - - Updated - - -

nonsense, you ant someone who will relay your orders and will never turn back on you. Kayn, while may discuss things with you, when you decide he will follow through with your decision. Altruis would backstab you in the back the first moment you decide to put a torch to a village or something. it is some sort of overintelectualised drivel taken from young poets club. second in command must be an extension of you not a dick clip
    A bad leader wants yes men as a second in command. However the only thing is do we actually know if Altruis confronted Illidan about his actions before leaving them? The only thing that left a sour flavor in my mouth that had me half considering Kayn was how Altruis questioned helping Maieve(much less how she captured him since he was in Nagrand) although he helped her anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    A bad leader wants yes men as a second in command. However the only thing is do we actually know if Altruis confronted Illidan about his actions before leaving them? The only thing that left a sour flavor in my mouth that had me half considering Kayn was how Altruis questioned helping Maieve(much less how she captured him since he was in Nagrand) although he helped her anyway.
    In what world? Of fantasy and moustache twirling villains? 'yes men' does not make someone any less intelligent and resourceful. it makes him obey the line of command. that is all there is to it. To be honest I don't really know if he confronted Illidan. Probably not, I doubt that Illidan would let him leave. Just a spineless coward who killed his brothers.