Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Higher End Spec for Legion Raiding.

*Puts right hand up* I confess i'm too lazy to look around, if it wasnt on the front page... I dont care to look any further.

ANNNNNNYWAY... For the sake of information and discussion sharing...

What is the current top spec for raiding in legion? Including set bonuses, artifact bonuses from traits and all 3 relics. As far as beta testing is concerned, I have been whoopin butt as BM, but for all I know mm could be better? Only tested all of EN, then we stopped for the rest of the month so we could be all nice and fresh for legion. We always like getting to mythic for completion and competitiveness' sake.

At any rate... I just want to know what to look forward to, and what spec to pretty much dump Artifact power into (my poor bags cant hold much)~

If you're gonna be a scum lord with your reply, im pretty much just gonna skip it. Looking for a quick answer to the question with basic reasoning and backing as to why.

Thanks for the read~

Update: So since I made this post, there has been some good opinions and a lot of semi backed information discussed, all things considered (non-release of the actual live raid). With that, continue discussing on what you guys really would recommend for going into emerald nightmare, spec wise that is.
    Last edited by Kazezoku; 2016-08-13 at 12:17 AM.

Deleted
    The specifics tend to vary on if you're in the school of Azor or the school of Effin I think. Very useful stuff on either side, although there's definitely room for someone pulling information together from both of them in a more condensed form!

In short though, I think its generally safe to say early doors at least, MM should be the better raiding spec. If I remember rightly that's what Azor was backing and pet issues always tend to hold BM back from its utmost potential and you're always more reliant on your tanks not slaloming all over the place as BM.

MM does everything well. Even if BM surpasses it in a few, very niche situations, the difference is negligible, and, imo probably offset by the derpiness of having an uncontrolled summon as an artifact trait.

I'm also of the opinion that MM is the better spec for raiding. There really aren't any different recommendations here. The single target performance is good, and SW/MarkS is more versatile in different types of AoE (BM requires clustered adds).

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    MM does everything well. Even if BM surpasses it in a few, very niche situations, the difference is negligible, and, imo probably offset by the derpiness of having an uncontrolled summon as an artifact trait.
    wait you cant use /petattack macro to control hati? if true that is just stupid. ether case I hope bm is close, so I can go bm. I prefer bm's mobility over mm.

Deleted
    imo it really depends on the encounter design. DPS wise the specs seem to be kinda even.

On movement heavy stuff BM will naturally pull ahead and vice versa. If you use /petattack macros the pet AI is just like always.

For AoE dps it really depends on how the adds are tanked or positioned, if they are clustered bm will do better and vice versa.

However since scaling isn't fully done yet, we will have to wait and see. Blizzard usually does some class changes when the first raid hits anyway.

For mythic+ it seems that BM is overall superior tho.

I don't think there is a clear winner.. which seem to be blizz design goal anyway.

yeah, but I want to be very clear the /petattack macro will control hati, not just the main pet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eathdemon View Post
    yeah, but I want to be very clear the /petattack macro will control hati, not just the main pet?
    you cannot control hati as a seperate pet. Hati will follow your main pet.
    Last edited by mmoceb9bfc9bf8; 2016-08-11 at 07:10 PM.

ok good to know. thanks

7+ Year Old Account
    Right now it does look like BM is spanking sv and mm, not just by a few percents, but by a decent noticeable chunk. Course I dont have the 3rd gold trait on either specs atm... so who knows... I just doubt that that one trait is gonna take out the other spec. At this point I obviously think its safe to assume that sv is not gonna be a thing for higher end raiding~

Quote Originally Posted by Kazezoku View Post
    Right now it does look like BM is spanking sv and mm, not just by a few percents, but by a decent noticeable chunk. Course I dont have the 3rd gold trait on either specs atm... so who knows... I just doubt that that one trait is gonna take out the other spec. At this point I obviously think its safe to assume that sv is not gonna be a thing for higher end raiding~
    Play BM if that is the one you like. But unless a lot changes MM will be the go to raiding spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    Play BM if that is the one you like. But unless a lot changes MM will be the go to raiding spec.
    wouldnt say a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    How so? he just said in his testing that Bm is ahead be a chunk, also what I am seeing? How will MM be better then?

Quote Originally Posted by Elimite View Post
    How so? he just said in his testing that Bm is ahead be a chunk, also what I am seeing? How will MM be better then?
    Unless he can post sims or actual proof, his testing doesn't mean much. He may just be better at playing BM. That doesn't make BM the best spec.

if MM let me cast Aimed shot on the move i would play MM in a heartbeat.... that mobility of BM makes me want to play it more, i likely wont raid outside of Normal or Heroic anyways so it doesnt matter much. At least BM can still bring battle res or lust if needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Unless he can post sims or actual proof, his testing doesn't mean much. He may just be better at playing BM. That doesn't make BM the best spec.
    very true, but neither does it make MM the best spec.. or did i miss some proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    very true, but neither does it make MM the best spec.. or did i miss some proof?
    This is exactly my thought also, either stance needs logs to be justified. and what logs iv looked up on Warcraftlogs show BM even or slightly ahead on single and BM ahead on Cleave and AOE.

Yeah, because logs from raid testing have anything to do with spec balance hahahaha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Yeah, because logs from raid testing have anything to do with spec balance hahahaha.
    havent seen any meaningful beta raid testing logs that suggest that MM will be superior. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiav View Post
    havent seen any meaningful beta raid testing logs that suggest that MM will be superior. Sorry.
    Meaningful

Raid Testing Logs

Pick one.