Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Good. Fuck people who bring their pet into the grocery store/convenience store/restaurant/anywhere that serves food. I don't want fucking pet dander and fur on my food. It's against health code in my state anyway.
    This. I get so pissed off when people bring those little fucking toy dogs with them, and when questioned, "oh, he/she's my service dog." Riiiight. For what, rat chasing? I know a couple of people who have ACTUAL service dogs, and they catch so much flak because of the fakes.

Typically service animals don't run all over the place, don't require being put in baskets, don't interact with people much, and are in a fucking harness. Usually with something indicating they're a service animal. Not always though. But then you get cunts bringing in their little rats that just run around, piss and shit on everything, annoy customers, bark and bark and bark, and are just little shits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    A monkey? That's pretty unique, I didn't know they had service monkeys.
    I imagine it would just sit on her shoulder or something as she goes around?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0640375/

Watch that episode and thank me later, 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Its a marmoset that is about 12 inches long total (including tail). She has these special carrying pouches for it that is mesh on one side and hangs around her neck to keep her with him. Other times she keeps it on a leash and it sits on her shoulder. I'm not sure if service animals have different classifications, but it's like a stress/depression animal that my father got for her after she had a stroke. She took it pretty seriously and got it registered so she can take it where ever she wanted to.
    I thought that would be considered a therapy animal in that case.

But yeah, that's so small so I can't imagine much issues aside from if it has a habit of throwing its poop Pretty interesting though! The strangest thing I've seen someone going around with was a Macaw at my job, it was just sitting on their shoulders without a care in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I thought that would be considered a therapy animal in that case.

But yeah, that's so small so I can't imagine much issues aside from if it has a habit of throwing its poop Pretty interesting though! The strangest thing I've seen someone going around with was a Macaw at my job, it was just sitting on their shoulders without a care in the world.
    I'm not sure how it worked exactly, I know she was really excited to get the state issued card for it and all that.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Don't know if it's something on my end but it's hard to have mi jimmies rustled when I can't see the image in the op

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0640375/

Watch that episode and thank me later, 10/10.
    Oh dear. If I remember

I'm not sure how it worked exactly, I know she was really excited to get the state issued card for it and all that.
    I guess the important part is that it worked in the end.

I suppose though it does just go to show that the sign in the OP is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't need a service dog, I've got a service female.

10+ Year Old Account
    We looked at a monkey since the sis-in-law doesn't have great hand movement so it would be handy for grabbing her things, but there is a lot of maintenance (and care companies that do not feel comfortable with one) that we went with a dog that could be used to signal she needs assistance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am by no means an expert on this. It was something that I had to be somewhat familiar with in a previous job, and I also talked about it with a blind colleague from time to time. There were times he'd get frustrated by those who didn't understand about service animals.

*As far as I know* the distinction between emotional support and psychiatric service animals is complex, with the actual service animals trained to do something special to treat a condition severe enough to count as a disability. Although much of the discussion around service animals is about Federal laws (especially the ADA), there are also sometimes state laws that need to be taken into account. Obviously not everyone here is American, so the range of considerations is even wider.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    My mother has a monkey that is registered through the state as a service animal. She takes that thing every where but no one has tried to tell her to leave when she has it.
    I presume that, if someone sees you walking around with a monkey in tow, they assume you have a damn good reason to have it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Does my comfort duck count as a service animal?

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Don't need a service dog, I've got a service female.
    No you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    My hats off to whatever store posted this. As usual, the truth is probably going to rile a lot of people up.

Someone tell me how a blind person using a seeing-eye dog would be able to read this sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Someone tell me how a blind person using a seeing-eye dog would be able to read this sign.
    They wouldn't need to since they fall into the category that the sign deems is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Good. Fuck people who bring their pet into the grocery store/convenience store/restaurant/anywhere that serves food. I don't want fucking pet dander and fur on my food. It's against health code in my state anyway.
    Considering what some people do in the privacy of their owns homes I think I'd rather have the pet dander. Though it is really shitty to claim to have a service dog while just using it as an excuse to take your dog wherever you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    No you don't.
    I do actually.

Makes sense, I mean why can't people just tie their dog up outside the store? Is it not common to do that in america?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I presume that, if someone sees you walking around with a monkey in tow, they assume you have a damn good reason to have it.
    Or be like me and 12 Monkeys comes to mind and steer clear of them. :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems lenient. If it were my restaurant, it would simply say, "No Pets. We don't like anyone that much."

10+ Year Old Account
    My jimmies are so ruffled right now. Thanks OP.