Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    This Script keeps bugging out http://cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js:20

- - - Updated - - -

It's making firefox hit not responding and i have to keep disabling it
    Is this preventing you from clicking on anything for a little bit?

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Is this preventing you from clicking on anything for a little bit?
    Yeah i get the circle mouse cog that means its busy so can't click anything.

US, Sprint Carrier, iPhone 6: iOS 9.3.4, Safari

Ads do show up, but so far, nothing insane or memory hogging.

Several videos that do load at once, but audio is muted by default.

Adidas (Italian language ad for some reason)
    And something from WoChit about Rhinos?
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Loading this thread, 42 blocks...cmon mmochamp

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Loading this thread, 42 blocks...cmon mmochamp
    I'm blocking 40 on this page, on Desktop within Firefox.

I don't know what is loading, but something is auto-loading that isn't showing on the homepage... Video with Audio, but I'm not seeing any elements that have the video...

ADP and uBlock aren't grabbing it, either.

But hey, already seen in the past where the higher-ups say that the number of our ads are not possible, and they don't exist when we've proven to them they indeed do exist... Sooo...
    Last edited by Shadow Fox; 2016-08-24 at 08:58 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting the same today.
    A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: http://cdn.viglink.com/api/vglnk.js:19
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Oh, I found the video I mentioned...

One of the twitch videos automatically loads... Not even the first one...

Gamescom Developer Interview -by chaud
    Published on 2016-08-20 02:29 PM

The one almost at the bottom of the homepage that is 2 FUCKING HOURS LONG, and buffers.

Guess I'm removing MMOC from one of my boot-up webpages for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Oh, I found the video I mentioned...

One of the twitch videos automatically loads... Not even the first one...

Gamescom Developer Interview -by chaud
    Published on 2016-08-20 02:29 PM

The one almost at the bottom of the homepage that is 2 FUCKING HOURS LONG, and buffers.

Guess I'm removing MMOC from one of my boot-up webpages for awhile.
    All of the twitch embeds are set to not autoplay and don't autoplay in any browser for me on desktop or mobile.

But hey, already seen in the past where the higher-ups say that the number of our ads are not possible, and they don't exist when we've proven to them they indeed do exist... Sooo...
    Feel free to post a screenshot of 40 different ads on the page and not a number from a browser extension that is unrelated to how many ads you see.

- - - Updated - - -

Killed the script until someone can investigate what is causing it.
    Last edited by chaud; 2016-08-24 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    All of the twitch embeds are set to not autoplay and don't autoplay in any browser for me on desktop or mobile.

Feel free to post a screenshot of 40 different ads on the page and not a number from a browser extension that is unrelated to how many ads you see.
    Will work on that collection gallery for you. (If I seem like I'm being mean / aggressive, I'm not trying to be. Sorry. Just annoyed with the auto-play stuff.)

That one Twitch video is still autoloading on the page, though. With or without extensions in Firefox (48.0.1)

None of the other video's (I think 4 or 5 on the whole page). It is just that one. Firefox seems to show specifically that video to be the only one with autoplay enabled? (Just video's on the homepage, not the ad-related ones)

Do also have 3 video ads that all auto-played at once (With Audio disabled) Only able to grab 2, page got corrupted when scrolling.

Without an adblock extension, it is taking my system (i7-4770 with Firefox, no extensions) towards 35~ seconds to load the homepage.
    It does look like that is the home page is using an insane amount of resources. This isn't while it's loading, this is with the page already loaded and open for several minutes. :S

Updated: With uBlock enabled

Autoplay video's alone, I'll probably leave my extension on... But the enormous amount of resources being used with and without the extension loaded is a pretty large, and very noticeable difference that I would hope you look into in some fashion. :S
    Last edited by Shadow Fox; 2016-08-24 at 10:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Reddit according to another thread have their own advertising platform, one they control.
    Not something feasible for smaller sites, but Curse is not small.
    This isn't something that is going to be resolved by any number of reports of bad ads, yet that is the only solution we are given.
    Report, Report, Report which achieves exactly nothing.
    Report this site to google, not internally. It is for all practical purposes an attack site.

If the site gets delisted from search, then, only then will they stop bombarding you with shit.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Report this site to google, not internally. It is for all practical purposes an attack site.

If the site gets delisted from search, then, only then will they stop bombarding you with shit.
    b& in 3, 2, 1...

(He's right though. Curse don't give a shit buddy, why do you expect the mods would?)
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

That one Twitch video is still autoloading on the page, though. With or without extensions in Firefox (48.0.1)

None of the other video's (I think 4 or 5 on the whole page). It is just that one. Firefox seems to show specifically that video to be the only one with autoplay enabled? (Just video's on the homepage, not the ad-related ones)

Do also have 3 video ads that all auto-played at once (With Audio disabled) Only able to grab 2, page got corrupted when scrolling.

Without an adblock extension, it is taking my system (i7-4770 with Firefox, no extensions) towards 35~ seconds to load the homepage.
    It does look like that is the home page is using an insane amount of resources. This isn't while it's loading, this is with the page already loaded and open for several minutes. :S

Updated: With uBlock enabled
    I have the same Firefox version as you, the Twitch video doesn't autoplay or load anything significant. Visiting the two twitch links in your post loads what is being loaded on the page, it just loads the player and not the video or any extra data. The !autoplay in the URL stops it from autoplaying.

I have around 30 tabs open here at work, adblock off, Firefox is only using 1.8GB of RAM. The front page takes around 6 seconds to load and be usable.

Video ads autoplaying without sound is unfortunately intended. Though it should just be the one at the bottom of the page if there is one, maybe one at the top.

This site is why i put ad block and then ublock on my computer. The random full volume loud as hell adds were just awful. I don't come here on my phone anymore due to the same issues with adds, virus scares and other things. I am all for the site making money, but there has to be a way to vet or control the adds.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    b& in 3, 2, 1...

(He's right though. Curse don't give a shit buddy, why do you expect the mods would?)
    It wasn't an attack on the moderators.
    It was more than no matter how many you report, via whatever or whoever there is always going to be more.
    The only way of fixing that is to remove that functionality.
    By completely changing your advertising medium, removing flash or anything interactive or functional.

Flash has been the primary means, and so killing that off would be a good start.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Loving the App Store pop up/redirects that kill the page I was reading and open my App Store on iOS every five seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.