Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    "and XP awarded for completing an invasion has been reduced."
    Really.
    Glad I farmed my old hunter to 100 then yesterday lmao, don't even need to go back for the boxes either.

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    you get 6 invasions every 4 hours now instead of just 2. The exp might have been nerfed but because you can do more total, its an increase to the exp gained every 4 hours.
    Yes but time to complete the cycle was increased as well. So you are not getting the same amount of EXP for time invested thus it is much lower. Besides the EXP gain was halved even though there is only 1 extra invasion spot per cycle now. It's not worthwhile anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RisingEU View Post
    Are invasions still worth it for leveling then?
    Not at all.

Previously, I was getting 71k per stage, with the final stage giving me over 100k
    experience. It also helped that I had full heirlooms. The exp I would get would
    nearly equal one full level up. Like literally, leaving what, 15% or less left, which
    would mean my character would definitely level up in the next one)

With the new hotfix, this is what my lvl 75 Shaman was getting per Stage :
    Stage 1 : 18k (Was 71k)
    Stage 2 : 36k (Was 71k)
    Stage 3 : 27k (Was 71k) Why the fuck am I getting less on Stage 3 than on Stage 2? Fucking retarded.
    Stage 4 : 54k (Was 100k)

So I would have to do at least 2 or 3 of these invasions to equal the amount I would
    have gotten from the one.

They honestly, should have left well enough alone in terms of the exp amount, and
    just simply increased the amount of invasions. Everyone would have been happy,
    but I guess they can't (or don't in this case) want to do so.

I swear, I just don't understand the stupidity of their decisions sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    It's absolutely a nerf, but I think people are getting a bit carried away with the melodrama on it. Leveling a toon is not a daunting task, nor has it been since they started allowing cross realm mail for things like heirlooms...It's just not that hard and an XP nerf to a temporary pre-launch event is a funny thing to complain about.
    This. I'll never get over the insane amount of whining generated over minor changes like this. So maybe Blizz didn't intend their pre-launch event to be a way for people to skip the leveling process? People are acting like Blizzard triple-charged them and then deleted their accounts or something.

Meanwhile, venture over to Hearthpwn, and people are complaining about a new priest card like it's the Vietnam era draft. Honestly, get some perspective. If your reaction to every small change in a video game is insane amounts of aggro and negativity, maybe find a different hobby?

Didn't take long for Surrender to Madness to get nerfed, lol.

Such bullshit with the xp changes. Worst excuse ever, befitting the Blizzard we know.

7+ Year Old Account
    Guys.. this is simple. Why would they allow you to gain more XP in one single event vs PVE leveling, dungeons, raids, scenarios, etc? The queue's would bust and no one would be able to do anything BUT invasions. So many butt hurt because they want to be lazy and not play the game it was meant to be played. Do the math.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    Guys.. this is simple. Why would they allow you to gain more XP in one single event vs PVE leveling, dungeons, raids, scenarios, etc? The queue's would bust and no one would be able to do anything BUT invasions. So many butt hurt because they want to be lazy and not play the game it was meant to be played. Do the math.
    Because it is a temporary event? Because they want to speed up the clear times of invasions? I didn't realize playing the game via dungeon spam where it takes half a brain to finish was more important.

Deleted
    Far more efficient to go back to dungeons/questing now, far too much time for the reward now. if you do all 6 in 4 hours at level 70ish you'll get just over 1 level. I do believe it is less xp for the 6 than it was for 2.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Because it is a temporary event? Because they want to speed up the clear times of invasions? I didn't realize playing the game via dungeon spam where it takes half a brain to finish was more important.
    Invasions were made for level 100 players to catch up before Legion, not alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    Invasions were made for level 100 players to catch up before Legion, not alts.
    And if they were limited to 100, they would be finished off in a week. Do you really think there is three weeks worth of content in those? 4 transmog sets, 1 pet, and weapon upgrade, thats it.

Deleted
    Blizzard and balancing things - first to much in one direction - then to much into opposite direction - they missed the sweet spot... again.

7+ Year Old Account
    And if they were limited to 100, they would be finished off in a week. Do you really think there is three weeks worth of content in those? 4 transmog sets, 1 pet, and weapon upgrade, thats it.
    Honestly, some people have maxed characters on several servers - I personally only have about 6 100s total across 2 servers, and the rest are alts. I am fairly sure they are catering to there elite fans that play 24/7. Hence why they reduced XP for lower levels - I don't believe the story of it was because they added more invasions, or they would of never added it in the first place. It's possible it was one of those situations "oh crap forgot to take that out of the code from beta".

Did anyone get the Dalaran Hearthstone or did the quest line end before it?

Thank you guys for listing the PC gear Amazon has for sale... Got my UPS this way and now a mouse!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jacklowry View Post
    This. I'll never get over the insane amount of whining generated over minor changes like this. So maybe Blizz didn't intend their pre-launch event to be a way for people to skip the leveling process?
    If that's the case then they should fire their testers as this was obvious with even the most cursory of testing. OR... they were fine with it.

. If your reaction to every small change in a video game is insane amounts of aggro and negativity, maybe find a different hobby?
    You're projecting. It's an annoying change and it's one of those changes that makes you wonder if Blizzard thinks shit through. I mean, why do this? Sure, boosts, but how many people doing invasion leveling were really going to spend $60 if the invasions hadn't given XP? Few, I'll bet.

it's also an indication that the devs don't really get player psychology. it's almost always a poor move to give something then take it away. You're far better off starting small and then increasing the reward if the first iteration is too little. This just feels petty and mean-spirited on their part.

You say this like Demon Invasions require any forethought. You can literally just park your mount nearby and reap multiple levels on your toons doing Demon Invasions and you're crazy if you think that's intended.

Blizzards pendulum effect in full swing as normal.

2/3 of a level at 72 from 3 invasions, so just over a level for all 6 but takes 3 times as long. Glad I got one of my alts to 100 this morning, just my druid left.

Quote Originally Posted by madmossy View Post

2/3 of a level at 72 from 3 invasions, so just over a level for all 6 but takes 3 times as long. Glad I got one of my alts to 100 this morning, just my druid left.
    Same here, I spent a good 15 hours taking advantage of this yesterday because I was afraid this would happen

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madmossy View Post

I feel your pain, I'm leveling my 86 D Paladin now, and after that I got Mage, Shaman, and Priest to max out - I have all the melee classes - and Hunter.