Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    When can I subscribe to jaylock?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    How are advertisements terrifying?Annoying, sure, but terrifying?
    depends what sites u go on cos ads are tailored to your search and browsing habits, so if his ads are terrifying i dnt wanna know

Now you're just parroting what people told you...?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    depends what sites u go on cos ads are tailored to your search and browsing habits, so if his ads are terrifying i dnt wanna know
    You only knew this as of two pages ago. Aren't yours about dating sites and weight loss pills?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Deleted
    Which is why yours are all about dating and weight loss, right?

if we had amazon based ads for gaming stuff it wouldnt be so bad but u get ads for allsorts on this site ranging from dating to those fake drug pills which make you lose weight

Maybe we can get some quality customer support now, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    For someone whose does their research, you keep pushing Adblock which has been proven to be worthless and easily by-passed.
    Adblock Plus and noscript here, 0 ads, 0 issues. Was allowing adds on mmoc until I got a flash trojan. They don't vet their advertisers carefully enough here.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I will now end all of my posts in OT with either the phrase "kappa" or "raise your dongers". You're welcome.

Also, posts in OT will involve 300000% more emojis.
    What does Kappa even mean?

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Who the fuck knows. Raise your dongers
    Kappa.

10 char

Deleted
    a kappa is a japanese water monster.

the kappa has a beak, webbed feet and a shell on its back and dwells under bridges, pouncing on any who attempt to cross the river. The kappa also has a bowl-like head, in which it keeps a small amount of water, and this is a key to apparently defeating this monster. when you are confronted by a kappa, your only hope is to make it bow to you, thus making the water fall out of its head and draining it of its power. strange, no?
    here we are in japan. oh look, there's a river we must cross. good lord! a kappa! quick! make it bow to us!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Kappa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Adblock Plus and noscript here, 0 ads, 0 issues. Was allowing adds on mmoc until I got a flash trojan. They don't vet their advertisers carefully enough here.
    I was allowing ads until the auto play crap that blasts sound through my speakers when least expected. Once that started happening, I installed Adblock.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    All those free addons that we have been using. You can kiss the free part goodbye. Bet the farm we see some type of monetization. If Amazon/twitch didn't see a viable way to make a steady profit they wouldn't have even bothered. Imagine if all your addons just disappeared. Now imagine what you would give to have them back. Addons like DBM , I see $4.99 a month. would you give it? You can bet somebody , somewhere is figuring up what the community would give for each addon and at a decent price that they know the customer will give. The wheels are turning...
    Ya, not going to happen. Curse isn't the only addon download site, charging for addons would simply push every one to WoWInterface or the likes.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I hope they overhaul this web site.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    All those free addons that we have been using. You can kiss the free part goodbye. Bet the farm we see some type of monetization. If Amazon/twitch didn't see a viable way to make a steady profit they wouldn't have even bothered. Imagine if all your addons just disappeared. Now imagine what you would give to have them back. Addons like DBM , I see $4.99 a month. would you give it? You can bet somebody , somewhere is figuring up what the community would give for each addon and at a decent price that they know the customer will give. The wheels are turning...
    Except if you charge for addons you violate Blizzards TOS, even asking for donations violates Blizzards TOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    You hadn't even seen Predator until like a week ago.
    Original Predator rocks, and so does the second movie.

Arnold, Jesse, Weathers and Duke, 80s ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    They forgot to mention the virus and trojan horse distributor that curse is.

So, I guess MMO-C will happen in the Amazon cloud now. Good stuff for the forum, no more downtimes. Perhaps they can even clean up the shitfest that is their ads.

Edit: I just realised what a match made in heaven this is, since Amazon, Twitch and Curse all have no clue about clean website layouts. It was bound to happen. I bet they will have weekly meetings with the topic "How can we make our websites more confusing so people spend more time trying to find the stuff they're actually coming to our site for?"
    Last edited by Slant; 2016-08-17 at 01:10 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    I guess we will see alot more advertorials (advertisement disguised as articles/threads) and maybe better quality remarketing/adwords adds.
    Not sure how this would benefit any of the entities involved though.