Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Spec Havoc
    Ilvl: 875
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lywings/simple
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...519416/latest/
    WoWProgress: http://www.wowprogress.com/character...age/Sillywings

Any info / help would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to raise my dps no matter what I do, what I change. I see other demon hunters with my same ilvl or lower and pulling more dps than I am.

Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Spec Havoc
    Ilvl: 875
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lywings/simple
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...519416/latest/
    WoWProgress: http://www.wowprogress.com/character...age/Sillywings

Any info / help would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to raise my dps no matter what I do, what I change. I see other demon hunters with my same ilvl or lower and pulling more dps than I am.

Please help!
    You've only posted link to the rankings, I can't figure out how to get to individual logs from there sorry therefore cannot comment on your rotation.

One glaring problem is you have specced into chaos cleave which is a terrible choice in the nemesis build, take first blood, use it as top priority. Chaos cleave is more viable in the demonic build.

Quote Originally Posted by Fooicus View Post
    You've only posted link to the rankings, I can't figure out how to get to individual logs from there sorry therefore cannot comment on your rotation.

One glaring problem is you have specced into chaos cleave which is a terrible choice in the nemesis build, take first blood, use it as top priority. Chaos cleave is more viable in the demonic build.
    Sorry, the chaos cleave was for the heroic skorpyron fight last night, if that is wrong, I'm all for change and advice.

Also, on the rankings page, if you click the fights the parses were for on the bottom of the page, it takes you to the logs from that fight. I added a link, you can see all of our fights via the drop down box at the top. We are in no way a high end guild, but I know my dps is lacking, sadly.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    Sorry, the chaos cleave was for the heroic skorpyron fight last night, if that is wrong, I'm all for change and advice.

Also, on the rankings page, if you click the fights the parses were for on the bottom of the page, it takes you to the logs from that fight. I added a link, you can see all of our fights via the drop down box at the top. We are in no way a high end guild, but I know my dps is lacking, sadly.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    Apologies you're right I can get to your logs that way, if only I had done one more click.

Re: Chaos Cleave, it's rarely a viable option over First Blood, even in a full demonic build it is still best to take First Blood. Chaos cleave does perform well in some certain niche situations but I wouldn't call skorpyron one of them, I still think first blood would perform better.
    -Nevetheless, you've continued to keep chaos cleave for the other fights, significantly hampering your DPS in those fights - you need to remember to change talents if you have talented into a specific spec for one fight. Preferably by taking tomes with you

I can't really add much more to your logs as you seem to play with a style I wouldn't play sorry - the only thing I noted is that you're not double potting. It all makes a difference and your whole guild should be encouraging it.

You've also been a bit unfortunate with your legendaries but look for every opportunity you can to game sephuz - look for adds that are stunnable, interruptable and get yourself on the priority interrupt table in your raid
    Last edited by Fooicus; 2017-01-25 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fooicus View Post
    Apologies you're right I can get to your logs that way, if only I had done one more click.

Re: Chaos Cleave, it's rarely a viable option over First Blood, even in a full demonic build it is still best to take First Blood. Chaos cleave does perform well in some certain niche situations but I wouldn't call skorpyron one of them, I still think first blood would perform better.
    -Nevetheless, you've continued to keep chaos cleave for the other fights, significantly hampering your DPS in those fights - you need to remember to change talents if you have talented into a specific spec for one fight. Preferably by taking tomes with you

I can't really add much more to your logs as you seem to play with a style I wouldn't play sorry - the only thing I noted is that you're not double potting. It all makes a difference and your whole guild should be encouraging it.

You've also been a bit unfortunate with your legendaries but look for every opportunity you can to game sephuz - look for adds that are stunnable, interruptable and get yourself on the priority interrupt table in your raid

I will do that! Thank you for the advice! I have already changed my spec. and sadly, yes, I got really unlucky in the legendary department.

Here are last night's logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...1519416/latest

What style do you play? No other demon hunters in our guild to chat with, so I try to read and look up guides and what not to get ahead. Hence how I ended up here in hopes of some aid.

Again, thank you for your time!

Hi dude, your DPS has significantly increased on the change of that talent alone, I certainly wouldn't call it poor DPS for your item level, it's pretty much what I would expect you to achieve. Remember your DPS priorities and with practice it will only get better (http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/havoc-d...owns-abilities). Never forget to double pot (if learning fight and expecting to wipe it's ok not to but I imagine your guild expects you to on progress).

That's probably the best advice I can give you so far, I actually main spec Vengeance but recently I'm getting the opportunity to DPS more . When I DPS I prefer the Nemesis build.

Not bad would recommend fel rush over thrown glaive for fillersfel rush only uses 1/4 of a gcd but just spam blade dance on cd and that will be a huge help

OK so I have tried researching many different ways of timing rotationsto boss mechanics and ways to improve my dps now I'm trying to see if others can see what I amean missing

Louzars is my DH name here is a link to our heroic run on Sunday
    https: // www dot warcraftlogs dot com/ reports/ Rx196MKzZ3wthPn8#fight=5
    Me and our other DH are about the same I'll but in most cases he does pull around 100k dps more than me in some fights (had to replace . With the word)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't usually ask these kind of things but im in a bit of a rush to get better. I just swapped from WW monk to DH and i had a poor showing in my first raid with a DH last night. On my WW im always 70-90% on my the DH i did really bad often below 50%.

If anyone would have a moment and give a quick scan and let me know where im going wrong if would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...810097/latest/

Sixsixty-thrall us

ok, can someone explain how simming works? why am I simming 540k dps at 900 ilvl but my some other dh sims 650k at the asme ilvl? for example

http://www.wowprogress.com/character...elstrom/Aistis me

http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/blackrock/Irsix some random DH

surely 2% crit wont give him 130k dps??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    ok, can someone explain how simming works? why am I simming 540k dps at 900 ilvl but my some other dh sims 650k at the asme ilvl? for example

Thats simple : PvE Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakka2k View Post
    Thats simple : PvE Gear.
    what?? 10char

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post

I'm not sure of the true sex of your benchmark but I'm identifying them as male for ease.

He's enchanted, you're not
    His artifact is level 54, yours 48
    He has cinidaria, you have moarg
    He socketed gems including the 500 agi one, you haven't bothered.
    He has better trinkets than you

He has more than your quoted "2% crit" extra overall:
    He has significantly more agi, crit, mastery than you, 9% less haste and a little less versatility. He probably sims his gear before equipping it - I'm not sure you do that

10+ Year Old Account
    Spec: Havoc
    Ilvl: 895
    Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=11

I have looked over the logs again and again and cannot figure out why my dps is so low. Im not seeing nearly as high dmg for Annihilation/Chaos Strike as i should. There are also times I am literally sitting there with nothing to press for 3-5 seconds and alot of time that is during my opener. Need some fresh eyes.

I am struggling to keep up with other Demon Hunters that are in the raid with me in almost all cases. One thing I have noticed is that they are always beating me by significant amount with the spells Blade Dance and Death Sweep. I need to get more crit as well.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Heqqr/simple
    Warcraft Logs warcraftlogs.com/reports/VZBcwabLvhJfyP9C#fight=25&type=damage-done&source=46

I would appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks Heqqr

Quote Originally Posted by heqqr View Post
    I am struggling to keep up with other Demon Hunters that are in the raid with me in almost all cases. One thing I have noticed is that they are always beating me by significant amount with the spells Blade Dance and Death Sweep. I need to get more crit as well.

Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-blade/Heqqr/simple
    Warcraft Logs warcraftlogs.com/reports/VZBcwabLvhJfyP9C#fight=25&type=damage-done&source=46

I would appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks Heqqr
    You're using a ton of gear that has no crit on it, and even still your haste and mastery aren't really higher than normal. The legendaries you use also aren't helping; bracers/sephuz is a pretty bad combo, I'm going to assume you're using them simply because you have nothing better. The bracers are worthless on single target, and without Bloodlet are pretty much "meh" even on cleave. As good as First Blood is, try speccing Bloodlet on fights like Botanist if you're going to run with the bracers on.

It may be worth losing a few item levels on a few slots if it means better stat allocation. Your issue right now is 1) legendaries, and 2) secondary stat balance. Getting the ring, the belt, or the trinket would be *huge* for you.

33% crit is super low, but you have the 4p bonus which gives you a bit more wiggle room. Your goal should be around 40% crit with 4 piece; right now I'm personally sitting at around 37-38% and it still feels a little too low.

There are some pieces in EN that would still be really good for you. Try seeing if you can find a Mythic group each week; an 880 Bloodthirsty Instinct would be a pretty big upgrade for you over your 850 until you can get another BiS trinket. Ursoc also drops the leather legs, which have pretty good stats. Getting a Mythic version of those (especially with a Warforged proc) would probably be a good replacement for your current legs until you can build up enough crit otherwise. There are a lot of other good items with crit that could be a good temporary replacement until you get the proper NH loot you want.

I'm not saying don't run NH for gear or equip what you get, but I am saying that getting in a Mythic EN each week for a chance at some temporary loot would definitely help you out until you can get the pieces you want to drop in NH. Getting a good BTI replacement and a good pair of those legs would, alone, be a noticeable improvement for you. Also, what Relics are you wearing in your weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    You're using a ton of gear that has no crit on it, and even still your haste and mastery aren't really higher than normal. The legendaries you use also aren't helping; bracers/sephuz is a pretty bad combo, I'm going to assume you're using them simply because you have nothing better. The bracers are worthless on single target, and without Bloodlet are pretty much "meh" even on cleave. As good as First Blood is, try speccing Bloodlet on fights like Botanist if you're going to run with the bracers on.

It may be worth losing a few item levels on a few slots if it means better stat allocation. Your issue right now is 1) legendaries, and 2) secondary stat balance. Getting the ring, the belt, or the trinket would be *huge* for you.

33% crit is super low, but you have the 4p bonus which gives you a bit more wiggle room. Your goal should be around 40% crit with 4 piece; right now I'm personally sitting at around 37-38% and it still feels a little too low.

There are some pieces in EN that would still be really good for you. Try seeing if you can find a Mythic group each week; an 880 Bloodthirsty Instinct would be a pretty big upgrade for you over your 850 until you can get another BiS trinket. Ursoc also drops the leather legs, which have pretty good stats. Getting a Mythic version of those (especially with a Warforged proc) would probably be a good replacement for your current legs until you can build up enough crit otherwise. There are a lot of other good items with crit that could be a good temporary replacement until you get the proper NH loot you want.

I'm not saying don't run NH for gear or equip what you get, but I am saying that getting in a Mythic EN each week for a chance at some temporary loot would definitely help you out until you can get the pieces you want to drop in NH. Getting a good BTI replacement and a good pair of those legs would, alone, be a noticeable improvement for you. Also, what Relics are you wearing in your weapon?
    My relics are currently an 875 crit chaos, and the other two are pretty crappy as well. They are an 870 fury increase and a 880 eye beam.

I also have the legendary shoulders and chest. I have gotten 4 but they all are pretty meh.
    I will definitely try to get in a mythic EN. I didn't really do anything in EN after the first couple of weeks. I am getting back to the demon hunter instead of messing with alts.

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by heqqr View Post
    My relics are currently an 875 crit chaos, and the other two are pretty crappy as well. They are an 870 fury increase and a 880 eye beam.

I also have the legendary shoulders and chest. I have gotten 4 but they all are pretty meh.
    I will definitely try to get in a mythic EN. I didn't really do anything in EN after the first couple of weeks. I am getting back to the demon hunter instead of messing with alts.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Crit Chaos definitely isn't bad, and 875 isn't something to frown at either. Relics can be hard to come by, I bet there are plenty of people out there with one under 875; considering how good a trait crit chaos is, many may have a lower item level version simply because they do not want to use a lesser trait.

As for the other legendaries you have; because none of them are particularly great for you (aside from the shoulders, but you don't really have the other pieces needed to make them spectacular yet), you might want to start looking at them as stat sticks for now.

Take off each legendary and, in its place, equip the best item you have for that slot. Your best non-legendary belt, chest, rings, and shoulders. Now, and I'm assuming you use pawn with accurate simcraft weights or are capable of determining upgrade value on your own/some other way (hint: use simcraft weights in pawn), check which legendary items grant the largest improvement. If equipping the bracers is only a 7% upgrade because you've got a great non-legendary pair, but your chest is a 35% upgrade because your non-legendary version is garbage, you should probably start wearing the chest instead of the bracers regardless of the legendary affix. Do this and determine what your best two legendaries are stat-wise, based on both their stat allocations and the level of upgrade between them and your non-legendary alternatives.

Once you do this, you can then pick-and-choose which to wear if you have any that are close in value. If, for example, the chest is your best upgrade from non-leg to legendary in that slot but afterwards the other options are relatively the same in upgrade value (I'd say within 5% or so of eachother, tops) you can then select one based on personal preference. If you still want to min/max your options, the Sephuz ring has a ton of crit on it (something you could use!) and is the only legendary you have that can actually contribute a reliable DPS increase without needing to change your spec or wait to loot other pieces for it to be at full potential.

I know you're already using the ring, and chances are it will be one of your two best even after you do what I've said, but for all I know you've got a decent non-legendary ring to replace it with but you've got other slots with terrible alternatives. If this is the case, it may be worth using a legendary with a worse effect for the better stats, assuming the gain is large enough.

I'm rambling; tl;dr version: Treat your legendaries as if they have no special abilities on them and are just stat sticks, and determine which of them gives you the best stats compared to their non-legendary alternatives, the gear you'd wear in their slots if you never had that legendary to begin with. Base your choices on that before basing it on what the legendary actually does.

If everything were absolutely equal stat-wise, if you were equipping the legendaries solely based on their special affix, I'd probably stick with bracers/ring myself. The ring can still contribute DPS on a kick/stun, and while without Bloodlet they're nothing special, technically the bracers are still contributing damage any time there's more than one target around.

Use a bonus roll every week trying to get the CoF trinket from the second-to-last boss in Nighthold. If you can do that, and possibly also get a relic that reduces your Meta cooldown, you'll be well on your way to gaining the two-minute meta CD. That'll be a lot of fun for you in raids. Getting the shoulders is the hardest part for everyone; as unlucky as you may feel with your legendaries, you've completed the hardest part of earning that 2 minute meta cooldown. Aside from hoping for new/better legendaries, if I were you my goal would be getting that CoF trinket and 2-minute Meta. You've done the hard part already; get the trinket at all costs. Kill Elisande on as many difficulties as you can each week for more chances on it. Once you can fight her in LFR, farm for it in there too; the lower item level may mean less agility on the item, but the cooldown reduction should remain the same. Kill her on as many difficulties and use as many bonus rolls on her as you can. Once you get that trinket (and, again, potentially one of the meta CD reduction relics) the game's going to change for you pretty dramatically.

Sorry for the spam. Hell, halfway through I gave you a tl;dr breakdown and then continued on spammin'! That's what happens when you're an ADHD poster boy and are on the forums at 5am D:
    Last edited by Extremity; 2017-02-06 at 11:02 AM.

Havoc / 892 ilvl
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lywonka/simple
    Wowprogress: https://www.wowprogress.com/characte...eras/Illywonka
    Did good rankings/dps wise at the start of the raid but later on my damage dropped off and i started getting crappier and crappier . Trying to figure out if i missed some major talent choice options on thosenlast bosses or i had bad rng, didnt do something enough or what. Thank ya'll in advance for any insight.
    Edit: logs :/ forgot

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...#view=rankings
    Last edited by Cakefarts; 2017-02-06 at 05:56 PM.