Thread: Feedback

Feedback

i was in need of some more expertise in the situation.
    i am running a 3rd gen i7 3770 3.4 ghz
    12 gb ddr3 sdram 1600mhz
    radeon 7770 2gig
    i know for sure the card is outdated bigtime. i currently run on fair-good settings for no lag in heavily populated situations.
    my goal is to be able to play on max settings.
    questions is, is it worth upgrading the video card to a gtx 1070? is the cpu too out of date ? i know i see 6 and 8 core now...
    thank you for your time reading and replying

Cores dont matter for WoW, what matter is the performance of each one. No reason to upgrade without going for overclocking here, you're looking at around 10% gain on the processor. On the videocard it depends on the resolution you're playing. If you're at 1080p GTX 1060 is fine, if it's higher GTX 1070 is justified.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

thank you
    dave

- - - Updated - - -

2 more questions, would a solid state drive improve game performance as well? secondly, if i upgraded to a ssd, do i need my old 7200 rpm hard drive or can i just leave that thing out?

1) No, but it will improve loading times in both OS and games. Improve quite dramatically.
    2) You can use your HDD for storage if you need the space (SSD is far more expensive per GB), just make sure that OS+main games+programs are on the SSD. If you dont have any media or it's a very small amount you can leave your HDD out, but you're not winning anything by doing so.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B